Adnan's Calgary review

adnan

As much as it pains me to admit this, it sounds like the crowd out west was a lot better then in Toronto.

The 02' crowd was excellent, but the 06' crowd was pretty tame.

Good review Adnan. rock1

666 posts! :devil:

Edited by Ace Spade

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude - that was a good and spirited review however i do have one question...

are you gay? what is with you waxing fantastic about making eye contact with tommy but pissing and moaning about drunk whores grinding up against you?

what the fook is wrong with you eh?

are you gay? what is with you waxing fantastic about making eye contact with tommy but pissing and moaning about drunk whores grinding up against you?

Dude, I'm sorry if you enjoy smelly disgusting drunk whores grinding up against you, but I'd rather have real women.

Dude, I'm sorry if you enjoy smelly disgusting drunk whores grinding up against you, but I'd rather have real women.

LMAO...just checking...and i don't really care how drunk or smelly they are as long as they are hot. but i would still prefer them over tommy making loving eyes at me. LOLOLOL.

Wow. There must be a huge differance of quality when you're on the floor as oppose to being in the stands. Cause to me, that was a VERY Mediocore show.

I dunno, maybe it's the butchering of all the musical parts, the fact that I was dead tired, Robins horrible attempt at music during any of his solo's, He'd just run around and play what seemed like completly random, horribly out of key, scattered notes. It also could've been dizzy's stupid ass, long ass, snoozefest of a solo but ya. These things all contributed and really ruined this concert for me.

Also, why was Axl so like... Boring?

He didn't connect with the audience at all. He just played each song after one another with hardly any talking to the audience, as opposed to Baz who kept reminding us were in Calgary after almost every song. It just felt soo unintimate.

Overall I was really dissapointed with the show and I don't think I was the only one, what started off as packed ass, sold-out 'dome, at the end was more the half empty. Sure it was late and people had to wake up the next morning but if the show was decent they would've stayed. This is even more obvious by the fact that the highest amount of people leaving was during the (many) low points of the show.

Good Parts:

- Rons Solo (Almost all of Don't Cry)

- Bubbles

- My Michelle, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City

- Guy rushing to get on the floor as a joke only to be CHOKE SLAMMED into the ground and beat on by 5 or 6 huge security guys.

Low Points:

- Every Solo Robin Played (and no, I'm not just hating on him, it truely was horrible)

- Dizzy Solo

- Knocking On Heavens Door

- People falling asleep.

- The Dome being half empty by Paradise City (I dunno how you could get 93% full. Not a chance. Everything from the first 2 sections on the sides of the stage had a TON of empty seats)

Edited by da_pope

well, if it was 93% full at the end by paradise city, then i was watching aerosmith, or motley crue or maybe even christina agulara or however the fuck you spell it, but i certainly wasnt watching GnR last night if it was still that full....the lower deck was FULL of gaps where there were anywhere from 5-a full row of empty seats, yes, a valid point brought up is that the last train left at 2:15am, fine. BUT, that still doesnt mean that the stadium is almost 1/3 down from a sellout crowd by the end of a concert...i mean...most of the kids there dont have a CLUE about the original band...and they thing nickleback and backstreet boys are 'real' talent, this band came from the gutter and fought their way up from there and thats why they were so successful is cause the life they used to lead was so rough n tattered that it was kickass. now, axl is a millionaire plus and doesnt have a clue what its like to be hungry...or needing anything...or destitute in the least..and maybe thats why the concert tonight is prolly going to suck just as bad as the Calgary show..i dont know..but im not holding my breath either...if the solos are just as stank as last night..i think i will goto sleep...cause they were mostly off key pieces of crap.

c ya at the show, and no, i dont have decent seats, nor do i want to pay for this dribble tonight either..but i have my reasons for going.

... c ya at the show, and no, i dont have decent seats, nor do i want to pay for this dribble tonight either..but i have my reasons for going.

If this is how you feel, then why are you going to the show? And - even more importantly - why are you on a GNR fan forum? :blink:

Are you going so that you can post a review tomorrow where you whine and complain about everything? Gee - what a treat. :rolleyes:

Back on topic - great review Adnan. Glad you enjoyed the show.

he has had Neither, hence the envy and remark. I got you man. No worries.

I can see that the solos and the slower songs are so that Axl can rest his voice but also for the crowd to rest.

I agree with this statement. I was in the seats in SF, but I was rocking so hard that I was thankful for the solos so I could rejuvenate myself for the songs following them.

Great review, Adnan! The setlist sounded like the one I got in September, which is awesome. I'm hoping that we get a good one in LA too!

good read, thanks for posting.

this isn't the first time where there has been differing opinions on the sound quality. Was they using their new digital stuff that night?

Possibly. I was right by the speakers... Where I was Axl's voice was clear-cut, with a fine rasp (except for some little lapses into helium voice, but solid most of the time), and all the instruments could be easily heard.

It's interesting that IRS got a good response even though it was late in the set. Better was right up front. I can see that the solos and the slower songs are so that Axl can rest his voice but also for the crowd to rest.

Unlike some others, I really think Dizzy, Finck, and Fortus' solos got a very, very good response. They didn't slow the crowd down at all.

But anything BBF played aside from Don't Cry really killed the show for a short while.

Thats is a great review sir. Thank You.

But how do you know that the guy who knew all the words to the new songs wasn't a forum member? Do forum members have a certain look to them? A marking on the forheads?

But how do you know that the guy who knew all the words to the new songs wasn't a forum member? Do forum members have a certain look to them? A marking on the forheads?

It might've been T.W.A.T, but Painkiller and Jay were in the stands.

It might've been T.W.A.T, but Painkiller and Jay were in the stands.

Gotcha -

Did you meet up with anybody from here?

I'm going to one of the Universal shows, I suppose I should see if anybody else from here is