Axl Rose

Chrisi Rokks

For the life of me I can't fathom how Kurt Cobain -- who along with Nirvana practically wiped metal off the map for a while in the mid-1990s with that shit known as grunge music!!! -- ended up on a metal list.

Axl called out Hit Parader in "Get In the Ring" and I do so now, this magazine is for douchebags with vaginal discharge running down their leg.

And what makes this list uselss? Axl should be number one ;)

Exactly.

I'd put eddie veddie in the top 5 myself. I don't think anyone sounds better live than he does.

No one sounds better live than Freddie Mercury.

And as this is not a metal list, as it is a kind of "best singers" list, David Gilmour and Roger Waters should be there. And did they forget jim morrison? :huh:

Steven Tyler is great but no way he's better than Axl or Freddie.

Ok, just seeing Jimi Hendrix on this list makes it shit. He was quite possibly the worst vocalist music has ever seen.....although his music was incredible. I am a big fan, but face it, his vocals sucked. And those people ahead of Axl on the list do not deserve it over him. He's a better vocalist than just about anybody else ever. And Zach De La Roche sucks on vocals.

If this list actually constituted vocal abilities, like range and pitch... etc, how the fuck is Glenn Danzig not on that list?!?!?! He has one of the best male voices of hard rock/metal/punk. Just listen to the power he can command... especially the beginning of Devil's Plaything. It sounds like an old acoustic barber-shop type song for like 40 seconds, of which you can hear the true quality of his voice, and then blasts into the heavy end with the sheer power taking over. Unreal. That list blows, that's not a fuckin' metal list. Some metal, lots of rock... annnnndddd Rod Stewart????

The list just sucks. I'm a fan of the distinct voices... the likes of which in the early days consisted of Plant, Ozzy, Bon and Bruce... and i'll throw Freddie in there just because Queen kicks ass. Axl carried that on and the success they had and are still having, even without doing anyting for 15 years, definately merits him higher than 11. Cornel is good and i'm a fan, but what has he done that can compare to Axl? Business wise or vocally???