Honesty and respect

Estranged Reality

Please, do us all a favor and stay home. Bad jokes, innuendo, double meanings and cheeky sarcasm only leads to online confusion which in turn becomes bastardized into fact. You say you're concerned about the psychophants? You have no legs to stand on or for that matter fingers to type with. Try being on this side of the fence. Oh yeah, you would have to be a responsible professional and not someone spends way too much time being negative on the internet. The band will be absolutely fine without your money and support, especially since what you call support is what we call being a pest so maybe we're all better off without each other.

Beta is ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY RIGHT! I dont know who she is, I have never heard of her before tonight, but she is dead on.

The band will be absolutely fine without your money and support, especially since what you call support is what we call being a pest so maybe we're all better off without each other.

There are a handful of negative people on this site that have no idea what is going on, and you have every right to bitch, but they DONT care. I like this sit cause it is interesting, and kinda fun to talk a lil shit, but truth be told we are completely insignificant to them. I sound like a broken record, but if the negative people left this site they would sell about 25 less records (cause those would be stolen or duped).

I think the reason she is so upset is the principal, not the cash. She is probobly just tired of people "guessing" what is going on and libeling Axl and Co.

I got not porb with it, becasue I KNOW HOW INERT WE ARE. But Beta if she is truly connected, would take it as personally as you would if someone was outside of your workplace, spreading rumors and lies about your career, whether or not anyone cared, it is wrong.

Constructive criticism is fine, but the blind bashing is just plane lame. When are you guys gonna learn that being a bear with a sore ass all the time just does no good? Get a fucking clue will ya? Make fun of the music if you dont like it <---opinion, but dont call people Liars, thiefs, money grabbers if you dont know. cause it is all based on well......nothing. Not until you know for sure.

I am wasting my time. <_<

Edited by Gunzen

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta is ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY RIGHT! I dont know who she is, I have never heard of her before tonight, but she is dead on...

Dude, I guess you didn't read the thread closely. The person she attacked - and told to stay at home and claimed the band didn't "need" - was a diehard fan who had spent more than $5,000 traveling around to see the band since 2001. This wasn't a cupcake bashing the band - this was a diehard fan who had been supporting the band for years. And that's just not smart.

.. There are a handful of negative people on this site that have no idea what is going on, and you have every right to bitch, but they DONT care...

Are you kidding? Of course they care. Do you really think somebody would be censoring threads or that Del and Beta would be insulting fans if they didn't care what fans were saying?

.. I like this sit cause it is interesting, and kinda fun to talk a lil shit, but truth be told we are completely insignificant to them. ...

You couldn't be more wrong. Do you think the only people who read the forums are the ones who post here? The readership is far more diversified than you know - and they know that. :book:

Beta is ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY RIGHT! I dont know who she is, I have never heard of her before tonight, but she is dead on...

Dude, I guess you didn't read the thread closely. The person she attacked - and told to stay at home and claimed the band didn't "need" - was a diehard fan who had spent more than $5,000 traveling around to see the band since 2001. This wasn't a troll bashing the band - this was a diehard fan who had been supporting the band for years. And that's just not smart.

.. There are a handful of negative people on this site that have no idea what is going on, and you have every right to bitch, but they DONT care...

Are you kidding? Of course they care. Do you really think somebody would be censoring threads or that Del and Beta would be insulting fans if they didn't care?

.. I like this sit cause it is interesting, and kinda fun to talk a lil shit, but truth be told we are completely insignificant to them. I sound like a broken record, but if the negative people left this site they would sell about 25 less records (cause those would be stolen or duped)...

You couldn't be more wrong. Do you think the only people who read the forums are the ones who post here? The readership is far more diversified than you know - and they know that. :book:

Also, Gunzen, I think it's worth pointing out that it's kind of impossible to be a true fan of GN'R without having access to the 'net and reading up on stuff here or at HTGTH or other GN'R istes. The die-hards know the status of the band, have heard the leaks, and actually know who is in the band.

The people filling those stadiums are mostly casual fans - same sorts of people who go to concerts often. There are no GN'R fans out there who follow this group as a band (and not just as an Axl Rose solo project) and don't use the Internet. It's simply impossible. There's no other way to keep up-to-date with what's going on.

People on the forums are the true fans who have followed this band. It is impossible to be a true die-hard and NOT participate in some form on the 'net - whether you're just reading or whether you're writing. How else can you gather news? Before '06 when a few media outlets picked up stuff, there was nothing being reported about the band. When the leaks happened, it didn't really circulate anywhere and certainly if someone wasn't on a GN'R forum at the time they would never have gotten any leaks.

I'm not saying you aren't a fan of GN'R unless you're on the 'net talking about them, but I think in order to really be following the new band, and to appreciate them as a group, yes, you have to have at least read stuff here or there.

I think people here on the forums are probably the only people in the world who even recognize who's in the band right now. The other GN'R fans are the ones who are familiar with Slash and co. - because without the Internet how else can you even know who Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and all the others are? Think about it. They have no album out yet and there aren't any band interviews being printed.

If you don't have the Internet access to forums/GN'R sites, then you're probably not in the know about the status of the band or its members. It's just impossible to know otherwise.

Next time you go to a show, walk around and ask people questions about the band - such as, "Do you know the name of the lead guitarist and when he joined?" - and see how many non-forum-users can answer the question.

That's my opinion on the matter, anyway.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I'm not trying to go after Beta here or sound like a prick - I just think her proximity to the band is dangerous. If she's a mother figure to him, fine. But I don't think she should be responding to comments on message boards on behalf of the band, saying things such as "WE don't need you," etc.

Sorry if I sound mean but I have never felt comfortable with her presence "in" or outside of the band.

I agree with you : Beta is dangerous. It reminds me of Doctor Eugene Landy sometimes...

As Axl is surrounded by yes-men and yes-women it is good for him to read GNR boards (except htgth, obviously) to have a reality check once in a while.

Edited by pepsicoca

I'm not trying to go after Beta here or sound like a prick - I just think her proximity to the band is dangerous. If she's a mother figure to him, fine. But I don't think she should be responding to comments on message boards on behalf of the band, saying things such as "WE don't need you," etc.

Sorry if I sound mean but I have never felt comfortable with her presence "in" or outside of the band.

I agree with you : Beta is dangerous. It reminds me of Doctor Eugene Landy sometimes...

As Axl is surrounded by yes-men and yes-women it is good for him to check GNR boards (except htgth, obviously) to have a reality check once in a while.

he reads HTGTH

I agree with Maddie - she is allowing her emotions to come through and not controlling herself.

Though I dont blame her really. The one we should be mad at is Jarmo - hes not sticking up for the people who are loyal to his site and hes allowing this woman to speak whatever she wants and hes censoring all retaliation. Bad.

Jarmo has said 'Beta has my permission to post whatever the fuck she wants'. Search for it, it's there. Management/associates are allowed to insult board members, so it's cool.

Further reading:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=40514.0

HTGTH - An Unofficial Guns N' Roses FANSITE? :rolleyes:

I agree with Maddie - she is allowing her emotions to come through and not controlling herself.

Though I dont blame her really. The one we should be mad at is Jarmo - hes not sticking up for the people who are loyal to his site and hes allowing this woman to speak whatever she wants and hes censoring all retaliation. Bad.

Jarmo has said 'Beta has my permission to post whatever the fuck she wants'. Search for it, it's there. Management/associates are allowed to insult board members, so it's cool.

Further reading:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=40514.0

HTGTH - An Unofficial Guns N' Roses FANSITE? :rolleyes:

Well, Jarmo has his head so far up managements ass it could very well be concidered as an X-Files case. I guess free tickets to shows and watching them from the side of the scene can buy alot of people. Too bad everyone didnt leave his Here Today Banned Tomorrow forum since it totally lacks respect for the ones keeping the forum alive - that would be the USERS (not management)!

Jesus...she's in her fifties, right? What a classy broad! :rofl-lol:

You took the words right out of my mouth! Surely this is her son? Isnt she like a mother figure to Axl? I understand her protective nature but surely this is a tad excessive. She talks younger than 50 something which makes me think its her son maybe? :huh:

on topic though.. I think it would be nice to have some PR but obviously the band are getting enough publicity from the internet and forums like this. Any publicity is good publicity right?

Edited by Voxy

This is one of the reasons why I don't want a reunion anymore. Slash, Duff, and Matt are simply better off staying away. GN'R used to be five guys, nothing more, nothing less. All that mattered was the band. Now it has ballooned into an 8 man band, Baz as a guest singer, Izzy a sometimes guest, Axl playing the part of Hollywood celebrity, and a bunch of hangers on like Beta who offer up their opinions against any and all criticism dared flung GN'R's way by frustrated fans (guess why they are frustrated, geniuses?). Well, they can take their opinions and shove it.

Get back to being a band and stop the bullshit. Nobody cares what people like Del and Beta think. They are insignificant.

I wish Beta posted here.

Christ, that would be fun.

Well, at least we have "November_rain", she tries so hard to be like Beta, it's fascinating :rofl-lol:

btw, I agree with the post which started this topic! Well said!

And you try so hard to be a moron ... that´s fascinating :rofl-lol:

Throwing around with insults, wow, you really do you job well! :)

I wish Beta posted here.

Christ, that would be fun.

Well, at least we have "November_rain", she tries so hard to be like Beta, it's fascinating :rofl-lol:

btw, I agree with the post which started this topic! Well said!

And you try so hard to be a moron ... that´s fascinating :rofl-lol:

Throwing around with insults, wow, you really do you job well! :)

If you are mocking me, what did you expect, me to say thank you? :rolleyes:

Dude, I guess you didn't read the thread closely. The person she attacked - and told to stay at home and claimed the band didn't "need" - was a diehard fan who had spent more than $5,000 traveling around to see the band since 2001. This wasn't a cupcake bashing the band - this was a diehard fan who had been supporting the band for years. And that's just not smart.

Are you kidding? Of course they care. Do you really think somebody would be censoring threads or that Del and Beta would be insulting fans if they didn't care what fans were saying?

.. I like this sit cause it is interesting, and kinda fun to talk a lil shit, but truth be told we are completely insignificant to them. ...

btw Beta was NOT just talking about that one person, she was making a general statement as well. She specifiaclly mentioned the "negativity", but sorry, again. brrn a fan for the better part of 20 years, and have seen them multiple times, bt didnt even know who she was, as MOST fans dont I believe. B

dude,most GNR fans dont even know / care these forums exist. I am serious, how man people/ members of this one? Just because you have internet access doesnt mean you read this crap. I just found it like a month ago, and I had tickets to the last tour, and the internet is part of my daily lifestyle.

And btw dead flower was right, it would be more fun if she posted here, cause it is getting to be a little partison, she would liven things up.

Edited by Gunzen

Also, Gunzen, I think it's worth pointing out that it's kind of impossible to be a true fan of GN'R without having access to the 'net and reading up on stuff here or at HTGTH or other GN'R istes

Bullshit. Like I said, I saw them in the late 80's and beyond, and never heard of this site till Oct. I just wasnt into this, though I do enjoy it now. I think the problem is the majority of the GNR fans are a little older and just dont do this forum type stuff. I was in line is Sf talking to middle aged poeple the whole time we waited while Axl was late, lol, very few younger fans, though that is definitely changing. I just dont belive some negative bullshit on a forum reallly has any effect on great touring and music. This is just like the View, only for GNR.

A

Edited by Gunzen

..How DARE we badmouth Axl......Just because he fired Adler and fired Sorum and drove Izzy to quit and drove Duff to quit and drove Slash to quit its not his fault..Its Slash's fault for leaving poor Axl and abandoning him...........Just cuz Axl LIED about the release date of the album 100 times who are we to criticize...............Just cuz its taking 15 yeras to release a 12 song 45 minute album its not Axl fault.....I mean you guys ever try to make a records....Sometimes production can hold things up about 15 years...Axl is god..How dare we criticize him

Without us, Beta would be working in a shit hole.

Beta, you need to remember that the only way Axl pays your bills is because of us :rolleyes:

This band really needs to control its fucking puppets and remember the fucking fans :fuckyou:

Ouch, that was so harsh !

And you know what ? I agree with you.

Axl probably told Beta that without her there would be no Guns N'Roses...

Insulting the fans doesn't help Axl. Quite the opposite in fact.

Without us, Beta would be working in a shit hole.

Beta, you need to remember that the only way Axl pays your bills is because of us :rolleyes:

This band really needs to control its fucking puppets and remember the fucking fans :fuckyou:

Ouch, that was so harsh !

And you know what ? I agree with you.

Axl probably told Beta that without her there would be no Guns N'Roses...

Insulting the fans doesn't help Axl. Quite the opposite in fact.

Wow I never imagined there would be so much resentment towards Beta. She is tactless but honest. And if you think she is stupid and incapable of making it her own way, you are gravely mistaken. This women is no fool.