Time: The All-TIME 100 Albums List

Anti

Tough to summarize music history in all genres within 100 albums but a better job could have been made. Alot of mediocre albums that I had not even heard of are up there- and this has nothing to do with my personal musical taste but how much of an influence they had made. Alot of the music up there is good listening music but had not shaped or influenced their time. I feel at times, Time had neglected the true meaning of their list- which was not of the better albums, but of the more influential one. How can I be sure of this? Well, AFD not being up there is good enough proof for me. Not to everyone's taste but had made of huge influence. Oh, and Floyd? Don't get me started on that. <_<

I don't see how AFD was that influential. It was a great album, but what has it really done to the world of music?

I see your point, but I don't see how greatest hits albums can be influential, either. It seems their list is a bit contradictory.

Time is combined with CNN (Communist News Network, hardly reputable.) There really is no unbiased news anymore, so take with a grain of salt.

LMFAO...Communist eh? Then why is it that every night on CNN, Lou Dobbs complains about COMMUNIST China and COMMUNIST North Korea? He's also big on border security, something most communists (and our "conservative" President) couldn't care less about.

dude, politics is the last thing I am gonna argue about on this forum, im my opinion CNN is liberally biased, and preaches government control of the poor, hence in my opinion, communistic. You can name drop all you want, It is my opinion, ans it is not debateable on a GNR forum, we will put people to sleep. I will drop it, just had to give a rebuttle cause you ripped Bush, who has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I did not literally mean communist, just meant communistic characteritics, damn this is getting too long, sorry, lol.

I don't see how AFD was that influential. It was a great album, but what has it really done to the world of music?

Exactly. Only GNR were doing that kind of sound from the moment they launched until they spat to a halt when grunge and alternative took over. As great of a record as it is, it's really not that influential.

And as big of a GNR fan as I am, I can name about 50 records that I enjoy more than Appetite... There's a lot of great music out there.

I was just in my first year of college when AFD hit. And it was damn infuential. At that point rock n roll consisted of the Scorpions, Y&T, Ratt, Journey , Van Halen (Jump, *sigh*)etc. When AFD hit, that attitude changed, and paved the way for much heavier music hardcore , Metallica etc. became more mainstream and it gave rock n roll an edge again. It is really hard to put into words other than to say it kinda let the youth of america cut loose and be rebels again, and kinda squahsed "corporate rock" Axl was the James Dean of his time. GNR was a giant FUCK YOU to the 80's!

When we fist saw Slash ith the tophat, we were like "Holy Shit, what the hell is that!" Slash didnt even show his face for months, it was so fucking cool, cigarettes, liquor, debotchary(sp?). It was just crazy. I will certainly never forget that shit. Even the album art was hard.

It was cool to be fucking crazy, and WTTJ became an anthem in my dorm. Poeple could identify with Rock and Roll again. No more edgeless, benign rock n roll.

A few years later Nirvana took this youth movement one step further and started the "grunge movement", thus usurping GNR as the voice of youth. Both were extremely influential.

That is why it is so hard to believe it isnt on that list, let alone the great music that went along with the attitude of the album.