TOP 500 ALBUMS OF ALL TIME

adnan

This is a work in progress. So far I have listed 168 candidates, in no particular order. Some may not even make the Top 500. Feel free to post here, or PM me with possible candidates for a top 500, which aren't already there. I'm posting this here to get opinions for future inclusions, and albums already included. I have an extensive CD collection, but will need to listen to more in order to finish this list.

I expect to finish in about two months, or if I get help here (or via PM), in about a month.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Adnan1/top_5...ums_of_all_time

Edited by adnan

Guest knerken

Great idea, but I'm happy I don't have to do it. It will be a BIG project!

But something's wrong. Everytime I click the rateyourmusic.com links I being sent into this site called shoppingnation or something. Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Where's The Velvet Underground & Nico and Loaded?

I'm glad you included American Beauty and Nothing's Shocking.

YES! I forgot about those!

Okay, that's what I want you people to do: remind me of albums I for some reason haven't included yet.

Keep in mind: THIS ISN'T A TOP 173 (now)... Some of these might not even end up on the top 500.

I think Ritual de lo Habitual and Master of Reality should be in the list, aswell.

I'll add the former. I'll keep the latter in mind, but right now I'd rather take "Black Sabbath" and "Paranoid", as well as maybe "Heaven & Hell" from Black Sabbath.

my suggestions for now, (i'm just kinda going through my itunes library and referencing your list)

hope this helps:

mott the hoople - all the young dudes

alice in chains - dirt, unplugged

soundgarden - superunknown, badmotorfinger

blind melon - blind melon

sabbath needs to be represented in some form

miles davis - kind of blue, bitches brew

coltrane - giant steps

boston - boston

more to come if it does

I don't think i saw any Doors or RATM or STP....all would have spots in mine. I also think i only saw Sgt Peppers from The Beatles aswell...

Thats just off the top of my head after one quick scroll through so i doubt its any use

EDIT: Thriller deserves to be in any top album list, don't think i saw that either

Edited by JAC185

I don't think i saw any Doors or RATM or STP....all would have spots in mine. I also think i only saw Sgt Peppers from The Beatles aswell...

Thats just off the top of my head after one quick scroll through so i doubt its any use

Yeah I obviously haven't finished, as I said. I think 2 STP records, two RATM, and many, many Beatles will end up on it.

Thanks for reminding me...

alice in chains - dirt

soundgarden - superunknown, badmotorfinger

miles davis - kind of blue, bitches brew

coltrane - giant steps

boston - boston

DESERVING!

no mott the hoople?

how about:

queensryche - operation mindcrime

or... anything by queen?

fnm - angel dust, the real thing

green day - american idiot

here's an album that i fucking love but people tend to dismiss it - cracked rear view by hootie and the blowfish... the songs are so great and simple and catchy. it would def. make my top 500

Great idea, but I'm happy I don't have to do it. It will be a BIG project!

But something's wrong. Everytime I click the rateyourmusic.com links I being sent into this site called shoppingnation or something. Can someone tell me what's wrong?

sounds like a browser hijack

go to http://forums.techguy.org/54-security/

and post your HT log http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

the guys over there are awesome

Gotta have Reign in Blood - Slayer :)

I only give it 2.5/5 stars. I'm rating it objectively really. The music is often spectacular, but some solos are lacking, and the lyrics are just... bad sometimes. Like: hey look, we sing about the holocaust, listen to us!!!!

Gotta have Reign in Blood - Slayer :)

I only give it 2.5/5 stars. I'm rating it objectively really. The music is often spectacular, but some solos are lacking, and the lyrics are just... bad sometimes. Like: hey look, we sing about the holocaust, listen to us!!!!

Depends whether you are counting in how influential an album is too. Even if you don't personally like Reign in Blood I think it should be included just because of its influence on others....but hey, it's your list :)

...and I personally love it :)

Bill Evans - Alone

Duke Ellington - Live at Newport 1956

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers - LAMF

Sly & The Family Stone - There's a riot going on

Camaron de la Isla - La Leyenda del tiempo (that's flamenco-rock, you'll love it !)

Edited by pepsicoca

You need some Prog Rock on it too!

King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King

That diserves top 20 as it is the most revolutionary and ground breaking album ever, believe me.

Also:

King Crimson - Red

Genesis - Foxtrot

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery

Rush - 2112

Yes - Closer to the Edge

All those albums are fucking genius.

And if your gonna include live albums:

Allman Brothers - Live at the Fillmore East

The Who - Live at Leeds

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

There's a real lack of some classic Rap albums. The Low End Theory, The Chronic, Doggystyle, Me Against the World, All Eyez On Me, The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory, Ready to Die etc.