Axl Rose Praise Thread

ChineseDemocracy

I am middle aged and I think it is pretty impressive what they all do, good point about Mick etc. They are also still writing/improving music, and I think that is worthy of some praise, just like if you made a valid point I would preise you, but you havent yet, so keep trying and bitching and complaining and "not being overwhelmed" cause noone cares.

And before you post noone cares what I think, you are right, but I am not the one being negative. It is just so old, that negative shit. Jesus, estranged was trying to be positive and you just cant let him without saying something negatice. Life is to short to be so damn negative, once in a while just think positive, it will help, trust me. rock3

I'm not looking to be praised by middle-aged weirdos on a message board, so I think we're ok. You know who deserves praise? Men and women who work their asses off everyday to support their families on shoestring budgets. Police officers, soldiers, etc who put their lives on the line everyday and barely get any thanks. People like that deserve praise; not millionaire rockstars.

And I certainly wasn't bitching or complaining about not being overwhelmed. It was a concert, not the second coming of Christ.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's cool about him?

Retards on the internet make excuses for absolutely every lame thing he does. Taking 15 years to release an album? Remind people that Beethoven's symphonies took 15-20 years to write. Show not starting til midnight? Axl's the one artist on earth who requires 'the moment to be right'.

They would defend him if he raped little junior high girls on their way home from school.

"He just needs the inspiration and life experience to express himself and make his art brilliant. If you were that brilliant, you'd be stalking and raping 13 year old girls too..."

:rolleyes:

Retards on the internet make excuses for absolutely every lame thing he does. Taking 15 years to release an album? Remind people that Beethoven's symphonies took 15-20 years to write. Show not starting til midnight? Axl's the one artist on earth who requires 'the moment to be right'.

They would defend him if he raped little junior high girls on their way home from school.

"He just needs the inspiration and life experience to express himself and make his art brilliant. If you were that brilliant, you'd be stalking and raping 13 year old girls too..."

how is not releasing an album for 15 years lame?? How many have you released? I am sure he is doing just fine career wise. Who are you to decide what is successful to him. He seems pretty happy to me, as are you in your profession.

how is not releasing an album for 15 years lame??

Working on an album for that period of time and not being able to finish it. That's pretty lame. ;)

Dssapointing for the fans, sure, I get that. But if he tours, stays out of serious trouble, who the fuck are you to say he is lame. Maybe he doesnt fucking feel like pleasing you. What the fuck have you ever done for him. And dont say buy an album, cause he worked for that, just like you worked for the money. Damn you guys are simpletons.

He will be praised if the album comes out and is good, and the praise will be huge.

Till then, he's an aging asshole who broke up the best band in the world, touring the country singing twenty year old songs, with laughable dance moves, without an ounce of spontaneity and the worst hair I've ever seen.

All that matters is the album.

He will be praised if the album comes out and is good, and the praise will be huge.

Till then, he's an aging asshole who broke up the best band in the world, touring the country singing twenty year old songs, with laughable dance moves, without an ounce of spontaneity and the worst hair I've ever seen.

All that matters is the album.

i think thats alittle unfair! you were just having cheap shots then.

this is ridiculous...you're a blind fan and a moron for being supportive of the band in the FAN FORUM?Forget the stalker type fans,if you say anything positive about the new band you're "an asskisser" and "lying to yourself that this is GNR".This is GNR in the year 2006,live with it.

how is not releasing an album for 15 years lame?? How many have you released? I am sure he is doing just fine career wise. Who are you to decide what is successful to him. He seems pretty happy to me, as are you in your profession.

"Axl hasn't released an album in 15 years, that's ok, because how many have you put out?" Classic.

He's the one who has the $13 million recording budget and 15 years to 'tinker' this shit. Leave me out of it. In legal terms, I am 'irrelavent' to this argument you are trying to make.

If you must know, I have recorded an album and a covers album. I'm 23 and just graduated college and my recording budget is zero. But again, this is irrelavent. I'm not the superstar recluse who's been working on 13 songs for 15 years and promising its release for almost 10 of those years. Again, leave me out of it.

Also, you just said, 'who are you to decide what is successful to him?' and then your next sentence, you do exactly that, 'he seems pretty happy to me'. So I can't decide but you can? What are your qualifications? What disqualifies me? Is it because you have a glowing opinion that he can do no wrong and I call BS on that? Oh well.

And there's plenty lameness about not releasing an album for 15 years.

As someone pointed out, Chris Rock said it all. Got your ass in gear to tour? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO, YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!!! Put an album out? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO, YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!!

But as I said, plenty of people will defend him. How many records have YOU put out, by the way?

Working on an album for that period of time and not being able to finish it. That's pretty lame. ;)

Dssapointing for the fans, sure, I get that. But if he tours, stays out of serious trouble, who the fuck are you to say he is lame. Maybe he doesnt fucking feel like pleasing you. What the fuck have you ever done for him. And dont say buy an album, cause he worked for that, just like you worked for the money. Damn you guys are simpletons.

Ok, I'm sorry I responded to you in the above post. You are clearly not worth reasoning with.

"Who the fuck are you to say he is lame?"

These are called OPINIONS, son. This is not a sanctuary for those who seek to protect Axl from differing opinions. He doesn't need little twits like you telling other people they aren't entitled to their own thoughts.

Most of your sentences start with 'who the fuck are you to...' or some confrontational tone, and you called those who criticize 'simpletons'. Would you rather this board just be you so that you can have a non-stop conversation with yourself? I bet you'd like that, you wouldn't have to deal with any disagreements.

So 'who the fuck are we' to be critical...'who the fuck are you' to be such a nutsucker?

This is a 'discussion board', not a 'church' or a 'forum exclusively for obsessed worshippers'

Pathetic. Sorry for the double post, won't happen again.

P.S. Regarding this "Axl is the greatest frontman ever, and if you don't agree you're not a real fan" bullshit. Axl IS one of the greatest rock frontmen ever. Michael Jackson is one of the greatest pop performers ever. I own all of each of their records and I understand their undeniable talents. Michael Jackson is a sick creep and Axl is a tardy prick who can't seem to finish a record. Eddie Van Halen is one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time, but would rather drink and chain-smoke himself to death than enjoy his success and watch his kid grow up. All of the greats have their faults. I'm still a fan of their work. Period.

Edited by SterileEyes

Axl likes to be a recluse and not let everyone know whats going on. that is Axl Rose! It doesnt bother him at all that the album isnt out. I want them to release a new cd as much as anyone, but bashing Axl doesnt do any good, he sure as hell doesnt give a rats ass about all the bitching about it.

Then why would he be making music if he didn't feel like pleasing his fans? If he's not doing that...then he's in it for the money, not the music. Which I think is sad.

Sure..shows are great, but it's mostly about that album. Until we get that he won't get much praise. Good singer yeah...nothing much else.

Then why would he be making music if he didn't feel like pleasing his fans? If he's not doing that...then he's in it for the money, not the music. Which I think is sad.
Sure..shows are great, but it's mostly about that album. Until we get that he won't get much praise. Good singer yeah...nothing much else.

those two statements are the reason it is futile to even argue, you are actually telling me how Axl feels and what he should do.....thing is, you arent him...now that is CLASSIC.

this is ridiculous...you're a blind fan and a moron for being supportive of the band in the FAN FORUM?Forget the stalker type fans,if you say anything positive about the new band you're "an asskisser" and "lying to yourself that this is GNR".This is GNR in the year 2006,live with it.

Lord have mercy! Can I get an Amen?! The folks like us that support the band are supposed to be on a fan forum supporting the band. Most of the negative folks only seem to support a vicarious lifestyle attacking fans on a fan forum.

It's a fairly reasonable judgment based on the facts at hand. It's really not an issue of him pleasing me, or me pleasing him. That's utterly irrelevant.

those two statements are the reason it is futile to even argue, you are actually telling me how Axl feels and what he should do.....thing is, you arent him...now that is CLASSIC.

I wasn't trying to tell anyone that I know what Axl feels. When did I say 'Axl is in it for the money, he doesnt even feel like pleasing fans.' I didn't. Did you read what I said properly?

I was speculating. Just like everyone else.

Maybe he doesnt fucking feel like pleasing you. What the fuck have you ever done for him. And dont say buy an album, cause he worked for that, just like you worked for the money. Damn you guys are simpletons.

You were telling everyone how Axl feels more than I was. You know just as much as anyone else. So until you stop telling us that "maybe Axl doesn't feel like pleasing" us, you cannot say that I am trying to tell you how Axl thinks.

If Axl doesn't want to please his fans, then why make his music? Answer that, simpleton.

Fuck off Gunzen.

Is that want you want Axl to do!?

..."he stuffed all of our stockings with Chinese Democracy and Beer,

and a big rubber dick for Kaneda the queer."

this sig prolly make up some real cool lyrics. Kinda like "one in a million" :rofl-lol:

Merck needs to get this Info, since we ain´t gettin none.

WE NEED BASS!!! :drevil:

We need bass, a.k. baz for Infos on CD. Sorry, offtopic; people should maybe seriously consider dealin with baz a little more when they´re gettin sick of axl and merck........their illusions, utopias, broken promises..............oh :book: we got a couple more tuesdays so we´re not in a hurry.............. :xmasschef2:

Axl is a big boy, I'm sure he can handle the criticsm. And if he can't, well too bad. He hasn't done anything to deserve any praise for about 15 years.

you mean besides the great 2 1/2 hours shows he has been giving? ignorance is bliss.

Honey, I went to see him this year; I wasn't overwhelmed. (although it was fun) He doesn't deserve praise for that. That's his job.

he is 44 and if you actually went to a show and cannot be positive about it , just get tthe fuck out of here. Cmon, go somewhere else, jesus. What the hell do you expect???

Dont tell me, you love Coldplay right? :sleeper:

SO what he's 44? Steven Tyler is in his 50s, Mick Jagger in his 60s, and they are touring also. I don't need to shower them with praise too do I for doing their job? How wasn't I positive? I said it was fun, I just don't feel the need to kiss anyone's ass.

I have no idea who Coldplay is, so what's your point about that?

They are just the best band ever in human history!! where have you beeen ?

He Makes You Wait 10 Or So Years For An Album And You Praise Him :question:

No, we praise him because we admire what he has done till now, with or without CD. We just express our admiration for him,and I don´t care how much CD can take,I´m not here for CD but for GNR.If/when the album comes out I´ll be very happy and will be the first person to buy it but if it doesn´t come I won´t stop being a fan just because of that.

I have no idea who Coldplay is?

Welllllll, that just clears that up! :lol:

I really don't even know why Gunzen brought that up. Even if I did like them, I have no idea what that has to do with Axl Rose. I like lots of different artists, and listen to all different types of music. I'm sure he'll find a way to turn that into a negative too. :rolleyes:

Axl is a big boy, I'm sure he can handle the criticsm. And if he can't, well too bad. He hasn't done anything to deserve any praise for about 15 years.

you mean besides the great 2 1/2 hours shows he has been giving? ignorance is bliss.

Honey, I went to see him this year; I wasn't overwhelmed. (although it was fun) He doesn't deserve praise for that. That's his job.

he is 44 and if you actually went to a show and cannot be positive about it , just get tthe fuck out of here. Cmon, go somewhere else, jesus. What the hell do you expect???

Dont tell me, you love Coldplay right? :sleeper:

SO what he's 44? Steven Tyler is in his 50s, Mick Jagger in his 60s, and they are touring also. I don't need to shower them with praise too do I for doing their job? How wasn't I positive? I said it was fun, I just don't feel the need to kiss anyone's ass.

I have no idea who Coldplay is, so what's your point about that?

You ARE talking about GNR right?