Axl Rose Praise Thread

ChineseDemocracy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get it...15 years...15 years of false promises....yet you guys act like hes done nothing at all wrong. Drive a band to completly break up and start up a new version twice yet nothing is wrong. Really, what the fuck is takin so fuckin long to make a cd? Fuckin velvet revolver had the same odds yet were able to put out at least one cd, granted it wasnt that good. but at least they got their shit together. maybe he shouldnt think about makin some epic record and start thinking about building a new fan base because people will soon forget about this band tours or not

• 2 years later...

*Mods, I'm digging up a necropost, so as not to make a duplicate thread. Nuff said*

Hey Axl,

I've been wanting to send some thank you's your way, so here it goes.

Thanks for posting on the various fan forums, I'll take that over a Rolling Stone cover/interview any day.

Thanks for making There Was a Time. The song is awesome, even when it was a leak. In my opinion the song builds the whole way through, until I want to stand up, grab the back of a chair, and scream the rest of the lyrics.

Thanks for streaming all of Chinese Democracy on Myspace. I rarely download illegally anymore (shit, I purchase most legit GN'R stuff on the first day), but I still think it's a nice gesture.

Lastly, here's to life and good health. Sometimes I'm not sure the "fans" realize, that being a famous musician who likes to keep things low-key is alright. It's a hell of a lot better than burning out like Kurt Cobain or Layne Staley.

That's it, peace.

Yeah, PRAISE! Posting like this was nothing short of astonishing. I'm glad it finally''felt right"! As to the record, as you said in making of Don't Cry "You're a genius." Well actually you said "I'm a genius", but that's confusing to translate here, as you might think I'm saying I'm a genius, ....you get the idea.

Some people are hysterical. Your not fans your just blind idiots who are either to scared to disagree with him or are just dumb and think that every decision he makes is perfect, yeah I'm sure Axl appreciates that :rolleyes: Axl posting on the forums is probably one of the best gestures he's done towards fan and I'm grateful and happy he's doing it, but some of you just want to go around with your head in the sand and forget everything and just say "AxL YoUr GoD!!!11!!". Do what you want but that's my opinion on you.

Some people are hysterical. Your not fans your just blind idiots who are either to scared to disagree with him or are just dumb and think that every decision he makes is perfect, yeah I'm sure Axl appreciates that :rolleyes: Axl posting on the forums is probably one of the best gestures he's done towards fan and I'm grateful and happy he's doing it, but some of you just want to go around with your head in the sand and forget everything and just say "AxL YoUr GoD!!!11!!". Do what you want but that's my opinion on you.

I'm a fan, but Axl is not a God. He's an incredible singer and songwriter, and a bad ass motherfucker! I think he's sort of like a last in ways. He's the surviving bad ass in rock that always did what he thought he should do, isn't playing a part as he really is this way, and his integrity right there speaks for itself. Does he piss fans off a lot, sure. The ones who expect anything specific will always be disappointed, as you never know what he's going to do, which brings me full circle on above point. I DO think his decisions are all perfect, not always for the fans, but he's a guy with a psyche like you and me and has to do what he feels is right, so salut'.

As to you, with 5 Slash photo's in your sig, why come here and try to ruin the fun people are having as a living legend, their icon perhaps, reaches out to them personally in a HUGE way? What good does that do? Makes you feel you are the anti-fan, the only one with balls, though you are "grateful"? Yeah, that's really cool...stand up to Axl and tell him he's a dick for not promoting the cd yet or re-uniting with your signature, I'm really sure he'd appreciate that! :rolleyes:

Edited by axlskAmpf

Funny that you guys are talking about people considering Axl as the perfect godlike figure, I think what he did these past few days changed my view of him. I've followed Axl's Q&A these past few days, not being able to post any questions myself but it definitely was very cool hearing from the man himself ...but I'm not sure how to take this.

After 15 years of pretty much silence, Axl was the last person I thought would do this. Bands come and go but for fan of the guy's music for some 20 yeas he's always been upthere smewhere above other musicians. I was like 12 whwn AFD came out and many of you know what that does to kid of that age (let's not even talk about LIes and UYIs). Then out of the blue he comes and answers questions like regular guy for hours like there's nothing to it. Axl a regular guy??? Fuck no!! I thought he was the god of rock n roll for heaven's sake!!

Now that he has descended here among the regular folks, how do I handle it? Do I only enjoy the music and appreciate the man's work from now on and leave fanboyism behind?

I'm a fan, but Axl is not a God. He's an incredible singer and songwriter, and a bad ass motherfucker! I think he's sort of like a last in ways. He's the surviving bad ass in rock that always did what he thought he should do, isn't playing a part as he really is this way, and his integrity right there speaks for itself. Does he piss fans off a lot, sure. The ones who expect anything specific will always be disappointed, as you never know what he's going to do, which brings me full circle on above point. I DO think his decisions are all perfect, not always for the fans, but he's a guy with a psyche like you and me and has to do what he feels is right, so salut'.

As to you, with 5 Slash photo's in your sig, why come here and try to ruin the fun people are having as a living legend, their icon perhaps, reaches out to them personally in a HUGE way? What good does that do? Makes you feel you are the anti-fan, the only one with balls, though you are "grateful"? Yeah, that's really cool...stand up to Axl and tell him he's a dick for not promoting the cd yet or re-uniting with your signature, I'm really sure he'd appreciate that! :rolleyes:

The first paragraph was pointless. And the second paragraph made me laugh as a lot of people like you do, as if being a fan of Axl and Slash is mutually exclusive. I don't care if they reunite I can watch old concert footage if I want to see that :rolleyes: If they do then cool if not then cool I get to be (here is the shocking part) a fan of both there works separately.