krist novoselic

fred_carston

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nirvana did the same exact thing that punk music did 20 years earlier...so anyone who claims they were trailblazers don't know shit...which is most of the music world. Those reporters who shit all over GnR in the papers are the same people who over glorify Nirvana. Musically they aren't that impressive to me. Everyone says that UYI was bloated rock. Well, I think it is way more musically advanced than anything Nirvana has every written. Coma, November Rain, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War and many more get overshadowed by the epic music videos. People that say it was bloated don't know shit. Nirvana can suck my dick.

Everyone says that UYI was bloated rock. Well, I think it is way more musically advanced than anything Nirvana has every written. Coma, November Rain, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War and many more get overshadowed by the epic music videos. People that say it was bloated don't know shit. Nirvana can suck my dick.

UYI was YEARS ahead of it's time... and is still way better/further advanced than 99% of current competition.

Everyone says that UYI was bloated rock. Well, I think it is way more musically advanced than anything Nirvana has every written. Coma, November Rain, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War and many more get overshadowed by the epic music videos. People that say it was bloated don't know shit. Nirvana can suck my dick.

UYI was YEARS ahead of it's time... and is still way better/further advanced than 99% of current competition.

jus cuz somethins more advanced, dont make it better, at least not in music. buckethead can technically play better than the vast majority of guitarists, yet he's relatively unknown n underground. theres a reason for this. n as far as arguing nirvana's case over gnr, i've done it many a time, successfully too cuz all people can harp on about is kurts suicide and/or jus dump insults rather than bring up relevant points. anyone wanna make a thread about it, i'd be glad to :)

He's a legend? Riding Cobain's shotgun blood-soaked coattails and managing to hit yourself in the head with your own bass does not a "legend" make. :rolleyes:

You're serious, right?

His band ended because the driving creative force killed himself. He's gone on to form solo projects and continued to write, record and release music. He's not exclusively covering Nirvana songs every night. And it's not like he's even that famous any more.

Meanwhile, Axl ran off everyone in his band, but carried on for fifteen years without releasing his "revolutionary" album and pretty much trading on the songs his old musicians wrote.

Coat tails anyone? I'm not a fan of Krist, but shit... I respect him as an artist. He's gone on and continued to create.

That post was so delusional, that I'll let it speak for itself. :laugh: One's a legend and an icon, the other spells Kris with a "T".

Nirvana got and still gets way too much credit for their part in music history. Guns n' Roses paved the way from the pop 80's, so that Grundge can become popular. I hate Nirvana.

i agree that nirvana gets too much credit, but GNR did not pave the way for grunge. had gnr stayed true to what they were in '87, i can see how that could have been true, but by the time UYI happened it was clear that they had become the same type of bloated, self indulgent band that they grew up hating....

jane's addiction paved the way for grunge....jane's addiction to me is guns n roses with an artsy singer/delivery.

R.E.M. paved the way for grunge.

the pixies

husker du

the replacements.....

but not gnr (even with tommy in the band....you don't get to re-write history for that...)

He's a legend? Riding Cobain's shotgun blood-soaked coattails and managing to hit yourself in the head with your own bass does not a "legend" make. :rolleyes:

You're serious, right?

His band ended because the driving creative force killed himself. He's gone on to form solo projects and continued to write, record and release music. He's not exclusively covering Nirvana songs every night. And it's not like he's even that famous any more.

Meanwhile, Axl ran off everyone in his band, but carried on for fifteen years without releasing his "revolutionary" album and pretty much trading on the songs his old musicians wrote.

Coat tails anyone? I'm not a fan of Krist, but shit... I respect him as an artist. He's gone on and continued to create.

That post was so delusional, that I'll let it speak for itself. :laugh: One's a legend and an icon, the other spells Kris with a "T".

No, one guy's a legend. One guy's a musician.

Not arguing whether Krist is a musician or not(he is)... just arguing he's not a "legend" like the first guy said.

You're serious, right?

Not arguing whether Krist is a musician or not(he is)... just arguing he's not a "legend" like the first guy said.

well nirvana are a legend/legendary. n he was with them since their inception. so he's at least part legendary if u wanna get anal about it :lol:

You're serious, right?

I don't think he's a legend either. I'd be surprised if he considered himself a legend. He just seems like a guy who enjoys making music for a living.

Axl should make some music. That'd be awesome.

Axl doesn't need to make any music because he already IS a legend. DUH.

you know prince plays all instruments, is a legend, in the rock n roll hall of fame. i wonder what he thinks about chinese democracy. :P

So does Trent Reznor, and didn't Duff do it for his solo album (or one of them)?...

the melvins December 10, 2006 Cardiff, Wales - The Point w/ Big Business, Flipper

i went to this gig sunday night to see the melvins and supportin them were flipper, the punk band who now feature the legendary ex-nirvana genius krist novoselic on bass. after the show members of the bands stayed around chatting for a while including krist. he was talkin to me and a group of other people about the albums hes bought recently and the albums hes lookin forward to so i said to him "are you lookin forward to the new guns n roses album?" he just laughed and said " no not really, ive never looked forward to one of there albums before. definately not my thing" then some goth started mumbling to him about something and i walked off.

the guys a legend but obviously not a fan of guns. i still cant believe i actually met him

You must be the dumbest fuck in whole forum-land. Of course he's not looking forward to the new Guns N' Roses album. Nirvana hates Axl Rose, and Axl Rose hates Nirvana. Were you still fluid back in 1992/93???? Didn't you ever hear about the ongoing fue between Nirvana and GNR???

If he's not aware of the feud,why not enlighten him instead of bashing him?

You're serious, right?

I don't think he's a legend either. I'd be surprised if he considered himself a legend. He just seems like a guy who enjoys making music for a living.

Axl should make some music. That'd be awesome.

That it would!

I stand by my earlier statement, without what GnR did in '87, we would have waited much longer for the grunge revolution of the '90s. All of the "Alternative" bands that came out at that time owe GnR big for breaking the hair band, glam, pop 80's into dangerous rock and roll world that it is supposed to be.

i like both bands (guns more tho) but you people cant argue for shit.

so far in this thread the only things anyone can come up with against nirvana arent even related to their music. krist (spelt with a t cause he is from eastern europe) hit himself by accident with his bass... once!!!!! and kurt killed himself. if your gonna piss on them at least come up with something original.

the melvins December 10, 2006 Cardiff, Wales - The Point w/ Big Business, Flipper

i went to this gig sunday night to see the melvins and supportin them were flipper, the punk band who now feature the legendary ex-nirvana genius krist novoselic on bass. after the show members of the bands stayed around chatting for a while including krist. he was talkin to me and a group of other people about the albums hes bought recently and the albums hes lookin forward to so i said to him "are you lookin forward to the new guns n roses album?" he just laughed and said " no not really, ive never looked forward to one of there albums before. definately not my thing" then some goth started mumbling to him about something and i walked off.

the guys a legend but obviously not a fan of guns. i still cant believe i actually met him

You must be the dumbest fuck in whole forum-land. Of course he's not looking forward to the new Guns N' Roses album. Nirvana hates Axl Rose, and Axl Rose hates Nirvana. Were you still fluid back in 1992/93???? Didn't you ever hear about the ongoing fue between Nirvana and GNR???

If he's not aware of the feud,why not enlighten him instead of bashing him?

I think its cuz roy79 is a bit of a prick and from all the previous posts he's made, it seems because he does not have the ability to construct an arguement in reasonable terms he resorts to insulting people and telling them to fuck off, he also does not know what he's talking about, if he did then he would know that;

1. both krist (his parents are from solvakia or summit like that, thats where the 'T' comes if any of you were wondering) and dave both went to see GN'R some time between 91 & 93.

2. Axl loved nirvana

Even kurt had AFD. Problems only occured because Kurt refused to tour with GN'R and Axl started to rip into them and Kurt responded in kind.

I stand by my earlier statement, without what GnR did in '87, we would have waited much longer for the grunge revolution of the '90s. All of the "Alternative" bands that came out at that time owe GnR big for breaking the hair band, glam, pop 80's into dangerous rock and roll world that it is supposed to be.

have you seen the inlay sleave to AFD? LOL, If thats not a big hair band.... admittedly they did change their looks a bit, but not much.

Pop over to the My World board and give us a review...I'd love to hear about the gig!!

if it was supposed to be dangerous, then "danger" would be safe.......

i can see your angle on gnr breaking the hair band thing, but they were still strangled by all the trappings of being a hair band, which is what the "grunge" people were railing against. let's not forget that in their early days, all the guys in gnr wore makeup-a-plenty, and axl did this until i guess the "jungle" video. now, gnr were a real, gritty, in your face rock n roll band who had more in common with say the sex pistols, stooges, and aerosmith than they did with great white and poison, BUT they still had more in common with the other hair bands than they did with the "alternative" bands.

either way, guns n roses did nothing to help the "alternative" revolution, other than making the grunge-folk look cooler and more dangerous by comparison when the "november rain" video came out.

appetite and lies are "dirtier" sounding records than nevermind or siamese dream though....

of course how silly of me and things never change do they. dave grohl is friends with duff, matt and slash now. 1992 was a long time ago

Not to mention that Duff was one of the last people to talk to Kurt before he killed himself, in friendly conversation.