krist novoselic

fred_carston

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the 1st Foo Fighters album (the one with the space gun on the cover) after that the Foo Fighters pretty much went down hill from there on in.

Which is why the Foo's second album "The Colour and the Shape" is considered the best of theirs, and arguably one of the best albums of the 90s. But I guess that's downhill to some.

Holy fuck this is one of the stupidest threads ever.

Do any of you have actual reasons for not liking Nirvana? Or do you all just hope Axl will come and give you a big hug for defending him on a subject he is most probably gotten over about 11 years ago. I'm sure Axl at least respected Nirvana, and it was pretty silly to ask Nirvana to open for them considering the success of Nevermind, a joint tour would have been a better idea.

And to anyone who said that Nirvana sucked just because of their not advanced musical ability is an idiot too. Nirvana weren't trying to be the best technical band ever, they played simplistic stuff, and that's what they wanted and did, and did it extremely well.

Nirvana brought grunge into the mainstream (arguably), because Nevermind was (and is) such a great album. Nirvana killed Guns and UYI.

Stop sucking up to Axl and open your minds to some great music. Music that changed the face of the music scene for years. Nirvana had more effect of the music scene than Guns did in recent years.

Edited by FunkyMonk

i love guns and nirvana. but kurt has definately had more of an influence on music and left more of a mark than axl. nirvana killed off schlock rock like guns n roses. axl in his hotpants sold his own band down the river which no matter what any of you say was a bad thing because he hasnt released any new music since. except 'oh my god' :rofl-lol:

Holy fuck this is one of the stupidest threads ever.

Do any of you have actual reasons for not liking Nirvana? Or do you all just hope Axl will come and give you a big hug for defending him on a subject he is most probably gotten over about 11 years ago. I'm sure Axl at least respected Nirvana, and it was pretty silly to ask Nirvana to open for them considering the success of Nevermind, a joint tour would have been a better idea.

And to anyone who said that Nirvana sucked just because of their not advanced musical ability is an idiot too. Nirvana weren't trying to be the best technical band ever, they played simplistic stuff, and that's what they wanted and did, and did it extremely well.

Nirvana brought grunge into the mainstream (arguably), because Nevermind was (and is) such a great album. Nirvana killed Guns and UYI.

Stop sucking up to Axl and open your minds to some great music. Music that changed the face of the music scene for years. Nirvana had more effect of the music scene than Guns did in recent years.

Ok, I like some Nirvana stuff. I dont like Kirk or Dave tho, they are both ignorant fucks. IMO. Never knew much about this other charactor nor do I or most other people here care. The slimplistic stuff is the reason they were so popular. Basic pop songs, notting more. Notting genius. Grunge was due anyways, Nirvana mearly were the iconic band that people could name. Metal had become redundant at that point, the only band worth listening were GNR but their music cahnged direction so much that you couldn't know what to expect. IMO, the only reason GNR have any credibility these days is because of the Illusions. If they had released AFD V2, they would have faded into the abyss. And to be honest, things have changed now, GNR are actually the alternative band and Nirvana the mainstream pop band...

wahey another GNR v Nirvana thread.

I don't like Nirvana because their music isn't interesting enough to me. I don't think any of them are geniuses and the Foo's are boring. That said I won't slag 'em off much. I just don't think they're very good so that's all I need to know and I can forget about them.

The problem both bands had is pretty similar though. They both got too big, too successful.

* GnR went the over the top stadium/spinal tap route and moved very far away from the dirty urban blues-y rock and roll that they started with. It got out of control.

* Cobain couldn't cope with being as popular as he was cuz he wanted to be in the minority and 'alternative' etc... but he was fast becoming everything he hated - like GnR - a big popular chart friendly. So the cunt shot himself before he wore skin tight white shorts on stage and swam with dolphins in videos. He was like one of those annoying people who are gay, vegetarian and dress in black because they 'have' to be different. Girls who shave their head etc... anyway I've lost the point...

So basically they both got too big for their boots and dealt with it differently. Thankfully it was the other one who died and Axl can still make music and not release it. Wahey!

LP

I won't say anything about Krist or Kurt or that other guy but just hear me:

Nevermind is one of the best fuckin' albums ever made!

They did a huge load for music, but not anywhere near what GNR did. If it weren't for Nirvana and GNR we would have had rnb and hip hop topping all lists and that shit 5-6 years earlier, and man I am GLAD we didn't.

For normal people(read: People who don't really care about the music background, the musicians n stuff like that, YOU GET THE POINT!) music is a trend. It's just like clothes. And we ALL get affected by this, MORE OR LESS!! My point of this obvious to some fuckin' statement is: both Nirvana and GNR were trendy(or, became is what I ment, ofcourse).

As said, I love Nevermind, absolutely great album, but realize this: Nirvana were never that big. They had a few "hits" that were played and known that generation, but that's it. And the only reason they're known to "public" eyes is because of a little thing called a sawed off shotgun.

the melvins December 10, 2006 Cardiff, Wales - The Point w/ Big Business, Flipper

i went to this gig sunday night to see the melvins and supportin them were flipper, the punk band who now feature the legendary ex-nirvana genius krist novoselic on bass. after the show members of the bands stayed around chatting for a while including krist. he was talkin to me and a group of other people about the albums hes bought recently and the albums hes lookin forward to so i said to him "are you lookin forward to the new guns n roses album?" he just laughed and said " no not really, ive never looked forward to one of there albums before. definately not my thing" then some goth started mumbling to him about something and i walked off.

the guys a legend but obviously not a fan of guns. i still cant believe i actually met him

Obviously Kurt has conviced him that GN'R esspecially Axl has no talent at all and it degrades listening to their music.