Axl walk-off last night (Portland show, Dec 11th)

Towserhead

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the show ending after madagascar was not planned as evidenced by the fact that after the lights came up they shot off all the extra pyro, the pyro wouldnt have been loaded for the song if they werent planning to play it. everything points to it being a spur-of-the-moment decision to end the show, nothing pre-meditated. only axl and the band knows why they left.

Edited by soldierblue

the show ending after madagascar was not planned as evidenced by the fact that after the lights came up they shot off all the extra pyro, the pyro wouldnt have been loaded for the song if they werent planning to play it. everything points to it being a spur-of-the-moment decision to end the show, nothing pre-meditated. only axl and the band knows why they left.

Thank You....

NO

The "pyro" you are referring to is CONFETTI and is standard operating procedure at GNR shows, right? All shows end with PC right?

it HAD to be blown off as the connons/bowersl connot be taken down and transported live. There is ALOT of pyro during CD...if youve been there to see it. CD is a show in itself live, but it would have made more sense to play it last. Axy probablt just said "Fuck it- you dont want AFD material, then go without the best" because of the weak crowd. But who knows.......

Edited by gnfnr2006

Yes that's right, a big tour that has had minimal changes between shows and has ALWAYS ended with Paradise City (except Newcastle due to a walk off) will suddenly drop the song the band has been finishing with for 20 years....

Come on! I know there's not much happening in terms of new stuff, but there's no point making stuff up.

Axl felt like finishing early and didn't play PC. That's it. It wasn't for us lot on forums, or to secretly tell you an album is coming out.... he just finished early.

And personally I don't think it's a big deal at all.

LP

And after? Is that franckly big deal?

They had a good setlist, it's not as if they had had only 15 songs!

For whatever reason they left, I don't think the public can complain.

And anyway, I think Madagascar is a good closer as would be Chinese Democracy ...

:heart:

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 12 2006, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

instead of typing the same songs over and over and over as is the case most nights with the exception of one song maybe 2, why dont you just say 'same setlist as last night and the night before, but they played *insert song title here* as well right after *insert song name here*'? cause they NEVER change it up for the most part...they played dotf in edmonton but not calgary, YAY big change :P

blah.

Jesus, what do you expect... for them to play Chinese Democracy on the Chinese Democracy World Tour?

no, im just pointing out when they type the setlists that its the same songs...so just a lazy way to get around it...if Axl is lazy and uncreative in the setlists...why shouldnt we be? :D

Are you saying he is lazy because he doesn't change the setlist? The fact that he goes up there and plays a two hour + show everynight isn't enough, you want a custom setlist every night?...

slipknot does it, they dont make the setlist until they get to the arena... because nobody wants to hear the same shit all the time... if slipknot can do it, why cant Axl, since he's such a rock god...

slipknot is a joke (IMO), with all those masks, I just cant take that monkey circus seriouse...

The GN'R setlist we got now is GREAT.

lmfao.. you call slipknot a monkey circus, yet you've been following this washed up has-been band for how long? Cant take them serious with mask's, what about chicken head, and Robin with his get up... have you ever HEARD their music? Not just sat down and listen to some of a song or whatever, but actually heard their music? Alot better than any guns n' roses, past present or future... atleast their still making new music, instead of trying to pass off two new songs as an album just to stick their hands in your pocket.. they dont treat their fans like their below the band and not important.. they dont walk off stage or not show up... they dont end shows early and they care if you get your money's worth.. if you would take the time to learn something about the band you would know the MASK, are just a part of the show, allowing the band member's to be something/one different allowing each one to tap into a darker more sinster side of themselves, thats in all of us... and as i've said THE BAND ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THE FANS AND LETS THEM FEEL LIKE A PART OF THE BAND.. instead of making you feel like a jackass for believing an albums on the way this year, and four years ago, and spening 60 bucks a pop to see a show that you may or may not even get to see because the singer's a pampered bi-polar selfish egotistical whiny bitch who cant seem to get along with anybody, and makes no effort to do anything new but hire band member's to play shows so again, he can get your money... if this was any othe rband, everybody here would be pissed off and trashing this band for the shit he's pulled and the lack of actually good music.. better's a good song.. but it's no vermillion, or purity... madagascar is about the only thing going for this album, and it's ok at best.. the samples are the only thing that makes this song even worth the time it takes to download it... so, when you get done with this clown fest and are ready to move on to actual good music, just run down to your local music shop and pick up any and all slipknot albums you can find, except mate. feed. kill. repeat... as it's not that good and Corey isnt fronting the band... And also.. i'm not sure if you realise it, but Corey and I think either mick or Shawn from slipknot are both in the band stonesour.. and Joey, the drummer, plays guitar for murderdolls, and sid is a DJ and helps produce alot of music, including the L.D 50 album by smudvayne which was fucking.. mind blowing... so let this geretol fest end, Axl needs to pull up a rock'n chair, and shut tha fuck up

Edited by oogieboogieman420

slipknot is a joke (IMO), with all those masks, I just cant take that monkey circus seriouse...

lmfao.. you call slipknot a monkey circus, yet you've been following this washed up has-been band for how long? Cant take them serious with mask's, what about chicken head, and Robin with his get up... have you ever HEARD their music? Not just sat down and listen to some of a song or whatever, but actually heard their music? Alot better than any guns n' roses, past present or future... atleast their still making new music, instead of trying to pass off two new songs as an album just to stick their hands in your pocket.. they dont treat their fans like their below the band and not important.. they dont walk off stage or not show up... they dont end shows early and they care if you get your money's worth.. if you would take the time to learn something about the band you would know the MASK, are just a part of the show, allowing the band member's to be something/one different allowing each one to tap into a darker more sinster side of themselves, thats in all of us... and as i've said THE BAND ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THE FANS AND LETS THEM FEEL LIKE A PART OF THE BAND.. instead of making you feel like a jackass for believing an albums on the way this year, and four years ago, and spening 60 bucks a pop to see a show that you may or may not even get to see because the singer's a pampered bi-polar selfish egotistical whiny bitch who cant seem to get along with anybody, and makes no effort to do anything new but hire band member's to play shows so again, he can get your money... if this was any othe rband, everybody here would be pissed off and trashing this band for the shit he's pulled and the lack of actually good music.. better's a good song.. but it's no vermillion, or purity... madagascar is about the only thing going for this album, and it's ok at best.. the samples are the only thing that makes this song even worth the time it takes to download it... so, when you get done with this clown fest and are ready to move on to actual good music, just run down to your local music shop and pick up any and all slipknot albums you can find, except mate. feed. kill. repeat... as it's not that good and Corey isnt fronting the band... And also.. i'm not sure if you realise it, but Corey and I think either mick or Shawn from slipknot are both in the band stonesour.. and Joey, the drummer, plays guitar for murderdolls, and sid is a DJ and helps produce alot of music, including the L.D 50 album by smudvayne which was fucking.. mind blowing... so let this geretol fest end, Axl needs to pull up a rock'n chair, and shut tha fuck up

so why aint you spending your time on a slipknot board instead of just slamming axl here? Axl seems to get along with his band just fine. if you dont like the line-up or the new songs and think axl makes no effort - then i really dont know why you'd bother even posting on GnR boards unless all you wanna do is rile people or enlarge the Slipknot fanclub to more than one member. (and yes I have seen Slipknot and i disagree with you on their talent).

I don't like Slipknot but to say they've got no talent is a pretty far stretch. They're very good musicians and have made some awsome riffs over the years. Plus, they do put out records which makes them one step ahead of GN'R ;)

Edited by Lukinx

i didnt say slipknot have no talent as suggested. I said I disagreed on their talent. Sure they can play, and I'm not knocking good musical ability - but talent to me is what you do with your ability, the notes and the melody and the lyrics which makes a song truely memorable and stand the test of time. I dont think slipknot do that.

GnR on the other hand certainly do.

the comment about Gnr treating fans like they are beneath them or not important seems way off as well, Ron has countless times stopped and chatted at length to fans, Richard has replied to hundreds of emails. I've got personal experience of another couple of band members taking time to be very down-to earth and friendly to me and both really pleased to hear how much i had enjoyed their gig. I honestly believe that they are genuine people.

its cool if you disagree - am just explaining how i feel.

Thats just it though dude, until there's an album, ron and all those other dude's, arent really in the band, they're just hired musicians... paid to play gig's... whens the last time Axl's stopped and said "thanks for comming to the show.. i'm sorry there's no album, but we're seriously doing everything we can to get this ball rolling"... as it stands, Axl is the only true band member... and he treats us like shit.. I like guns n' roses, when they were making albums and they sounded good.. and i was with 'em since they came out in 87... but this is 2006, and the last thing we've heard from them is sympathy for the devil and oh my god... back in what, 96.. now all we hear is "it's comming.. this year.. no hang on... the labels being a dick, the fiore marshall's being a dick, slash is being a dick, the city's being a dick"... all i'm saying is Axl cant be right all the time, as he seems to want everybody to think... ya know, the way I see it, is he gets paid a shit load of money to play these crummy ass somgs... I think the least he could do is play 2 hours, hell after waiting an hour to see him after 3 hours of opening acts or more... 2 hours he owe's us, not to mention the money spent to see the show... the tshirts, the passes the poster's and whatever other merch he has set up... hell after all that he could atleast come out and shake hands with the public... but no, he runs, gets in his car and leaves the rest of the band who is just as tired or more tired than him, to smile and shake hands and play nice with the fans... that, to me, is insulting... if I come to see guns n' roses and slash, Izzy, and Duff arent there, what the hell makes you think I care to shake hands with some assclown named bumble foot or a Nine inch nails reject? I want to see the motherfucker... I want to shake hands with Axl... but he's too good for shit like that... he has to go hang out with supermodles and be a rockstar... thats what pisses me off... the fact that we are the only reason this band is where it's at now, and where it was then... and he doesnt feel like he owes me anything? He cant spend five minutes with people, just hangin out... makes me feel like he's telling me i'm nothing to him... but where would he be without fans like us, who stuck around thru the shit with the old band and defended him when he caused not one, but two riots... and after he split the band us, we still stuck by him... we defended him... then he threw together a freakshow in 02, sounded like shit and promised us an album, we stuck by him, we defended him to everyone... and what'd he do, cancle the tour and blame it on clearwater... if that was true, would he be touring now? I doubt it... if they werent happy then, why would they be now? Then, while he was in hiding again, being poor pitiful Axl, we stuck by him, we waited, we defended him still... and now, in '06, he promised it will be out for sure this year.. it's comming, I swear... it's almost here, thsi year.. and we defnded him.. and what do we get? A lousy tour, the same setlist,m two new songs and not even a fuck you or anything? I don't know about you, but I like to think that if I was to be fucke din the ass, i'd atleast want a reach around, fuck by me diner and tell me I look nice... something.. but this.. thsi si shit and it's not how you treat your fans if you care...

Now, to tell me people wont remember songs like people=shit, or vermillion, tells me that you're off your medication or still in the 80's... the lyrics are deep and meanigful and have to disected, like purity is a song about a girl who was being stalked by her ex, he kidnapped her and buried her in a box, a young man finds the girl, and the song is her story telling to him... you look at vermillions, it's a song about someone loving someone that doesnt love you.. or a stalker stalking a young woman and bringing her home, not to harm her, but because he loves her, he needs her to be happy... part two is just a love song about someone you cant have.. and to tell me that lyrics such as "she is everything to me, the unrequited dream, a song that no one sings, the unatanable, she's a myth that I have to believe, all I need to make it real, is one more reason... and now I don;t know what to do.. I don't know what to do.. when she makes me sad"... wont be around forever, they dont mean anything? Or how about everything ends.. who hasnt felt this way before... about being in love and then being hurt, and feeling like the world is ending, your heart is crushed and your pissed off and hurt at the same time and he drives the emotion home, and nails it with everyline "shallow skin I can paint with pain, I mark the trails on my arms with your distain, everyday it's the same, I loved you hate, but I guess I dont care anymore, I'll fix my problems with a blade, while my eye's turn from blue to grey, and the worst thing happened to me today, but I guess I don;t care anymore"... he's tapped into an emotion that most teenage guys feel when they end up heartbroken, and gives them an outlet instead of being depressed and whinin about it, he says get pissed and fuckin deal with it... sure he says i''ll fix my problems with ablade, but he later says "you're wrong, fucked and overrated, I think i'm gonna be sick and it's your fault"... meaning she hurt you, she's wrong, she's fucked, she doesnt belong on the pedelstool you put her on.. fuck her... or spit it out... about peopel runnin their mouth and sayin shit about people behind their backs... about standing up and sayin fuck you to 'em and not takin shit off of 'em.. about standin up and punchin the cocksucker in the fuckin mouth and pissin in their face... whats a better line than "bout time I set this record straight, all the needle nose punchin is makin me irrate, sick o' my bitchin fallen on deaf ears, where you gonna be in the next five years, all the cru's and all the fools, and all the politics, get ya lips ready gonna gag gonna make ya sick, ya got dick when they passin out the good stuff, bam are ya sick me gettin up louder, spit.. it out".. thats a great line... not as good as "time to bury your ass with the chrome, straight to the dome".. but it's great... what do you think people will remmeber, shit like that, or "no one ever told me when I was alone"? I can keep going..... and like I said, atleast they change up their setlist everynight.. not once a week or every five years, every night on tour

and I didnt mean to get carried away with the insulting of the boards favorite band.. but dont it just fuckin piss you off, the way that we've been done... if not, just step back and look at the whole situation, how we gn'r fans have been treated since the beggining of the band... to now.. and we've been treated like shit by him, and laughed at by other's... and what does any of us have to show for it? but thak you for realising that I did make valid points, and thanks luknix....

asfor my time here... I was doing the same thing you were doing here, seeng if it was ever gonna happen... I didnt say I didnt like gn'r, i've just recently had the chance to look at the whole situation from anothe rpoint of veiw bsides a brainwashed Axl fan (not saying you're all brainwashed... ) and realised that this band is the only band doing this shit to their fans... the only person doing worse is Micheal Jackson, and he si literally fucking his fans..maybe that was a bad joke.. but it's mine... I dont hate guns, I like their music.. but i'm slowly starting to despise the man I looked up to as a singer and musician and I think it's fucked...

Slipknot aint a joke. they have some real good music and they are all tallented in their own way.

now i did not read this entire topic but some way or another slipknot is being brought into a gnr discussion. what is wrong here people. i think everyone could use a little no im not gonna say patience, i was thinking some nightrain bottoms up fill my cup. i will return and it will not be a crash and burn. see yall later