From Rolling Stone Blog

brock landers

Will Anyone Ever Hear “Chinese Democracy”?

GNR fans are mad as hell and they’re not going to take it anymore. Now that the rumored November 21 release date of Guns N’ Roses looooooong awaited new album Chinese Democracy has come and gone, the revolt is upon us. GNR fansite Gnronline recently announced they were going on strike, refusing to cover anymore hemming and hawing on the part of the band or their management, and insisting that if they don’t receive better information more frequently they are going to shut the site down all together.

GNR guitarist Bumblefoot (AKA Ron Thal) has responded to the site’s declaration with a rambling, self-contradicting, essentially substanceless, sentimental statement that begins, “For whatever it’s worth, I love you guys.”

One of Gnroline’s major complaints is that the band’s management favors some fan sites over others — feeding them information first. Thal suggests that, for the sake of the business, these sites should be respectful, never give out unsubstantiated info: “If ya give out info before it’s 100 percent confirmed … it leads to people feeling betrayed … That’s not a GNR thing, it’s every business.” But it’s also totally NOT about business, it’s about living life and getting high. “For two-and-a-half hours each night we get to say fuck it to everything else in life and enjoy ourselves — that’s what it’s about. It’s not about business or setlists or critics or anything else — it’s about saying FUCK IT and gettin’ high off it from beginning to end and a long time after,” he emotes.

Then he signes off with some half-baked carpe diem speach (”Life’s too damn short to be upset about what you don’t have — enjoy what you do have”) and an acknowledgement of the fact that he’s telling us jack shit about the arrival (or lack there of) of Chinese Democracy but encouraging fans to sit tight and keep showing the love: “Not trying to change anything by writing ya, not answering the questions you want answered, just letting ya know that your support hasn’t gone unnoticed, and I just wanna say thank you for the years you’ve devoted to the band, and hopefully years to come…”

Is anyone buying this? Will this album every come out? Does Gnronline have a right to be furious or are they abandoning their band just when GNR needs them the most?

[via Blabbermouth]

-- Elizabeth Goodman

That means Rolling Stone's journalists don't know when it's going to be released...
No, it means this whole thing has turned into a joke, and because GNR had to keep crying wolf, they are now gonna get crucified by the media in the middle of a world tour.

AFD starts now.....

I don't care about this kind of shit...stop crying like a fucking baby to all who just 'stop supporting the band'

everyone here have no control what so ever on this album so take it like a man- wait,wait some more

wait a little longer-and then you'll get what you want and you'll be happy you didn't wine like a baby,trust me

You gotta love all this negativity towards the band...IT IS WARRANTED.

That's why they are keeping silent..they know they fucked themselves earlier, and don't want to get fucked again. They should have been more sure before making statements. Hope they get crucified...money hungry world tour.

Woooow!Ron actually replied to me!Dunno if this is truly him:

''Dear *myname*,

I understand why you're so upset.I really do.I have read some of the topics from various websites and forums and I have at least an idea of how you're feeling.You're not the only one who sends me an e-mail asking for info buta to tell you the truth I dunno myself when the album comes out.All I know is that we won't be able to release it this year,or at least that's what I've heard.The main cause is that we still have to remix the album,choose the suitable album-art-cover,and get ready to shoot a couple of video clips.I am not kidding but I know as much as ya guys know,I don't even know what I'll do tomorrow,I just know that my agents will call me on my mobile phone and they will tell me when and where to meet the rest of the band and what to do.Ya ppl should get off Axl's back.Believe it or not it's not him who's leading the band,we are only doing what our agents are telling us to do.I know it's no consolation but it will have to do.Hope I've made you feel better.

Ron.

P.S.-Thanks.I'm glad you like my new braids ;)''

THIS GUY ROCKS rock3

''Dear *myname*,

I understand why you're so upset.I really do.I have read some of the topics from various websites and forums and I have at least an idea of how you're feeling.You're not the only one who sends me an e-mail asking for info buta to tell you the truth I dunno myself when the album comes out.All I know is that we won't be able to release it this year,or at least that's what I've heard.The main cause is that we still have to remix the album,choose the suitable album-art-cover,and get ready to shoot a couple of video clips.I am not kidding but I know as much as ya guys know,I don't even know what I'll do tomorrow,I just know that my agents will call me on my mobile phone and they will tell me when and where to meet the rest of the band and what to do.Ya ppl should get off Axl's back.Believe it or not it's not him who's leading the band,we are only doing what our agents are telling us to do.I know it's no consolation but it will have to do.Hope I've made you feel better.

Ron.

THIS GUY ROCKS rock3

This band has become a joke. They communicate through their agents?

''Dear *myname*,

Ron.

THIS GUY ROCKS rock3

THIS IS NOT A BAND: ITS A CORPORATION WITH EMPLOYEES.....And thats not a shot at Ron-He seems like a really great guy...and can you blame him? Me thinks he's earning a bit more these days on the road with Axl...But back to the main point: WHAT actual *BAND* (a group of musicians working together to realize a common artistic vision) functions like this?

"am not kidding but I know as much as ya guys know,I don't even know what I'll do tomorrow,I just know that my agents will call me on my mobile phone and they will tell me when and where to meet the rest of the band and what to do."

I mean, seriously-how can this be considered a band...And I WANT it to be a band...I just can't believe things have devolved to this point....

It's amazing the hatred for this band, especially on the comments from the article. Some of them I agree with the more I think about it. Oh well... I think CD is going to have a problem with appeal.

Thats what you get when you lie to your remaining diehard fans.

''Dear *myname*,

Ron.

THIS GUY ROCKS rock3

And you want us to belive that when you wrote an email like this, that were supposed to be from tommy, in the other thread, where you commited it was fake after people started saying it was?

EVERYBODY: THE MAIL THAT Auri~rubigo WROTE, IS FAKE! IT'S NOT FROM RON BUMBLEFOOT THAL!

Will Anyone Ever Hear “Chinese Democracy”?

GNR fans are mad as hell and they’re not going to take it anymore. Now that the rumored November 21 release date of Guns N’ Roses looooooong awaited new album Chinese Democracy has come and gone, the revolt is upon us.

[via Blabbermouth]

-- Elizabeth Goodman

nice, rolling stone came up with the rumoured date of november 21st in the first place, now they try to get some controversy when it turns out they were full of shit