Fresno show is CANCELLED!

Subtle Signs

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarmo tried to explain to fans last night that they're only setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect to see a concert. He suggested they build other things into their road trips - like visits with old friends and family - that way the concert can be the icing on the cake, and if it doesn't happen, you still get to have an alright time. That seemed like some reasonable advice.

:rofl-lol:

That's great!

(did he really say that..?)

Here's a link to the conversation...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...topic=41058.100

Scroll about halfway down. Jarmo's one interesting dude.

Wow..

It must be a challenge removing his head from his own ass every morning -- or, at least when Merck gives him permission to..

-Kickingthehabit

Jarmo tried to explain to fans last night that they're only setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect to see a concert. He suggested they build other things into their road trips - like visits with old friends and family - that way the concert can be the icing on the cake, and if it doesn't happen, you still get to have an alright time. That seemed like some reasonable advice.

burst.jpg

OH YEAH!

People are entitled to their opinion, but purchasing a ticket to an event is a contract between the venue, the performer and the spectator. Would you buy World Series tickets and plan other events around the game in case the teams didnt show up, this way you wouldnt be disappointed? Its very flawed logic...

:rofl-lol:

That's great!

(did he really say that..?)

Here's a link to the conversation...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...topic=41058.100

Scroll about halfway down. Jarmo's one interesting dude.

Wow..

It must be a challenge removing his head from his own ass every morning -- or, at least when Merck gives him permission to..

-Kickingthehabit

Thats some tasty Kool-Aid that he is drinking if he really believes that

:anger: IM STILL WONDERING WHY THEY CANCELLED THE SHOW? DAMN I FEEL SO STUPID FOR ACTUALLY THINKING THEY WERE GOING TO COME! IF ITS BECAUSE OF TICKET SALES THATS NO EXCUSE MYSELF ALONG WITH MANY OTHER FANS PAID MONEY TO SEE GNR PLAY,,,,WE WAITED SINCE IT WAS ORIGINALLY SET FOR SEPT.27! IM GROWING TIRED OF WAITING...I HAVE TICKETS TO THE BAKERSFIELD SHOW ALSO BUT NOW IM WORRIED THAT THE BAND WILL ONCE AGAIN CANCEL! A MESSAGE TO AXL ... QUIT PISSING YOUR FANS OFF AND PLAY THE SHOWS YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO PLAY! IM A DIE HARD FAN AND STILL AM I FAN BUT THIS IS NOT A WAY TO TREAT US!!!!!!!!! :anger:

You will know why soon enough, relax and enjoy the ride./..

Gunsguy

I KNOW MAN IVE BEEN A FAN SINCE I FIRST HEARD THEM WHEN I WAS 6 IM 23 NOW AND JUST WANTED TO SEE AXL AND HIS NEW BAND

Edited by axlr23

Gunsguy

Enjoy the ride? The ride of this poor bastard having paid out hand over fist to see a band that didn't show? Whoo, that's one crazy thrill trip alright. Let your fingers type for a while, I think your ass is getting tired.

Dude, don't take it personally. It sucks (I speak from experience having travelled 12 hrs to see them in Vancouver in 2002) but you know they shouldn't have planned shows at those venues. Bakersfield? Fresno? The American shows have been a bit of a disappointment due to poor planning. Those shows along with ALL those shows in Florida were a terrible idea from the beginning- too many shows within one state. Poor ticket sales are a common reason for cancellations and I would imagine they were slow from the start. I think they waited until the end to cancel it hoping that sales would improve from word of mouth. But, alas, it didn't happen. I feel for you, bro. If I were you I would try to get one of the other Cali shows. I saw them in Edmonton last week with 15000 others and it is well worth the effort to see this band. They kick soooo much ass.

I know man I feel for you I really do, but we can't go on not expecting this to happen, I mean this has haunted Gn'R from their first tour, Axl is Axl. However I do believe Axl is currently fighting an illness, he wanted to play for you, he really did, but if he feels like he can't perform 150% he just won't do it at all, I mean its almost better he don't show up rather then everyone saying how his voice sucked all night

Gunsguy

I know man I feel for you I really do, but we can't go on not expecting this to happen, I mean this has haunted Gn'R from their first tour, Axl is Axl. However I do believe Axl is currently fighting an illness, he wanted to play for you, he really did, but if he feels like he can't perform 150% he just won't do it at all, I mean its almost better he don't show up rather then everyone saying how his voice sucked all night

Gunsguy

But you're speculating and if Axl is ill, why not mention it in the previous press release?

Gunsguy

Enjoy the ride? The ride of this poor bastard having paid out hand over fist to see a band that didn't show? Whoo, that's one crazy thrill trip alright. Let your fingers type for a while, I think your ass is getting tired.

he gets his money back, it isnt like he lost it.