Fresno show is CANCELLED!

Subtle Signs

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking foward to the new headline on gunsnroses.com

:laugh: Same here....the only thing that could make all VERY ALRIGHT is...."CHINESE DEMOCRACY OUT NEXT WEEK, PREPARING TO APPEAR ON THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO. WILL PLAY FOR A CROWD OF 1,000 PEOPLE. WILL PREVIEW 3 NEW SONGS FROM THE ALBUM " , yeah That's the only way. :book:

Kannon.

Merck's Office, as we speak..

Axl paces around Merck's office, while Beta looks on with a wicked smile.

"No, Axl, we did that one already, they won't fall for it again."

Beta: "Did they win the game Axl?"

Axl: "I didn't get to see the end thanks to Merck here, telling me we have to be proper and make an excuse. Fuck them, it's not like they'd believe it anyway. And here I said some bets going via bookie, ever since Universal dropped funding. Merck! What are we going to tell them? How about the Fire Marshall story..."

"Are you sure? I mean, they're quite gullible. Hell, they even believed I was releasing an album this year."

Axl, Merck and Beta throw their heads back, laughing maniacally

looking foward to the new headline on gunsnroses.com

:laugh: Same here....the only thing that could make all VERY ALRIGHT is...."CHINESE DEMOCRACY OUT NEXT WEEK, PREPARING TO APPEAR ON THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO. WILL PLAY FOR A CROWD OF 1,000 PEOPLE. WILL PREVIEW 3 NEW SONGS FROM THE ALBUM " , yeah That's the only way. :book:

Kannon.

wake up <_< from your dream ...

The thing that concerns me is that you have Axl walking off stage last night before Paradise City and now you have the cancellation of tomorrow's show. Something is going terribly, terribly wrong..

I tend to agree. The only thing that comes to mind is his comment last night about the forthcoming album, and how he's not allowed to talk about it. Seemed like a shot at the record company. Maybe yesterday he got word that 2006 was once and for all definitely not going to happen; the walkout and cancellation is possibly Axl sending a message that this is his show to run, not Geffen's/Universal's.

I don't know, it's just a guess. I don't know if I really believe that Axl wants this out and the record company is holding it up, but his comment last night seems to suggest that.

Edited by KBear

We hope you can make it to the band's show in Oakland, CA at the ORACLE Arena (formerly Oakland Arena) on Friday night the 15th of December,

...and if you can't,then you're not with us...so,fuck you

Yeah, Beta will probably post and say if you cant make it to the Oakland show then fuck off, we dont want your money anyway.

This is seriously becoming a joke again.

The thing that concerns me is that you have Axl walking off stage last night before Paradise City and now you have the cancellation of tomorrow's show. Something is going terribly, terribly wrong..

I tend to agree. The only thing that comes to mind is his comment last night about the forthcoming album, and how he's not allowed to talk about it. Seemed like a shot at the record company. Maybe yesterday he got word that 2006 was once and for all definitely not going to happen; the walkout and cancellation is possibly Axl sending a message that this is his show to run, not Geffen's/Universal's.

I don't know, it's just a guess. I don't know if I really believe that Axl wants this out and the record company is holding it up, but his comment last night seems to suggest that.

I am entertaining a smilar thought.

Axl's probably worn out. He expended a lot of energy in Everett the other night. He's 44 and has been drinking almost every night on this tour. I saw the band at the Hammerstein, and Axl has definitely packed on some weight between then and the show I went to in Everett the other night.

Axl's probably worn out. He expended a lot of energy in Everett the other night. He's 44 and has been drinking almost every night on this tour. I saw the band at the Hammerstein, and Axl has definitely packed on some weight between then and the show I went to in Everett the other night.

lol i think if anything he has lost weight - this is certainly not the reason for canceling the show

not the fans fault if axl isn't taking care of himself

His comment was apparently something to the effect of "that was from our forthcoming album, which I've learned I'm not supposed to talk about."

You could read that as an inference about some nefarious hold Universal/Geffen has over him, and them holding the record back.

Or you could realize that he's simpy commenting on the MASSIVE amount of backlash he's receiving currently because he promised the album and didn't deliver.

It wasn't "This is from our album... our album that i can't tell you about! *nudge nudge wink wink*"

It was, "This is from our album... the record for which I'll never give a release date again because the fans are finally pissed at me for missing it this time."

I think this should silence most people over why there was cancellations this US tour. It was because of poor ticket sales. I see through the BS now.

Wasn't the show sold out? Thats what I heard

Is that a joke? I already said they cant even give the tickets away here.
how many l.a dates are sold out?
One.

We are now(once again) seeing the effects of doing a world tour without an album. Apparently the lessons of 2002 were learned by everyone but GNR.

Okay, here is the skinny, I live about 30 minutes from the Savemart Arena. I attend night classes at Fresno State, our rec center is across a sidewak to the Savemart Center. The venue is on campus. I have a few freinds who work at the center, and I work out there and have seen the non existant lines/interest. This show was a rescheduled show after a previously cancelled show. A freind of mine told me that the ticket sales were poor.

I am not surprised, this area of California, while a HUGE city is exptremely agricultural. Rock and Roll is not on the map there. I dont live in Fresno, I am actually closer to Yosemite, but when I am at school at State noone mentionsed it, there was no buzz and noone really even knew/cared. I think this was doomed from the start and expecting people to buy tickets to a concert at these prices two weeks from Chistmas is a disaster.

I checked online, and there are still yickets available for the Oakland show, and those had ALREADY sold well. SO I am gueesing it will just be to low of ticket sales. The Savemart Center is less than 2 years old or so and seats like 20 k and it hardly seems worth a mediocre turnout.

Oracle arena is approximately three hours from savemart (not including horrific traffic along the way) so the sojourn there should take closer to 4.

I am bummed, but I am sure they will play in Oakland. It is am older arena and not an argricultural type crowd. That is my opinion, we will see.

P.S. A cancelled stop from a rescheduled show in central California will not kill the tour, they have mostly good venues left. It is just a hiccup in the road, sucks, I was gonna be there, but I will be there on the 15TH rock1

Edited by Gunzen

I think this should silence most people over why there was cancellations this US tour. It was because of poor ticket sales. I see through the BS now.

Wasn't the show sold out? Thats what I heard

Is that a joke? I already said they cant even give the tickets away here.
how many l.a dates are sold out?
One.

We are now(once again) seeing the effects of doing a world tour without an album. Apparently the lessons of 2002 were learned by everyone but GNR.

This actually goes back to 2001. Remember G N'R announced a tour of the UK which they scrapped twice with Axl blaming the manager as he (Axl) only read about the tour on the internet and then Buckethead had some illness (I've still got my cancellation letter somewhere!)

Seemed like a shot at the record company. Maybe yesterday he got word that 2006 was once and for all definitely not going to happen; the walkout and cancellation is possibly Axl sending a message that this is his show to run, not Geffen's/Universal's.

KBear, I highly doubt that's what's happening. The record company can't put a muzzle on him and there's always lots of ways he could talk about the album, during and outside of the live shows, without addressing the release date. It isn't like he's been out talking up the album and suddenly went cold on us.

I think he just made a sarcastic reference about the album since it's clear it isn't coming out in 2006 as promised/expected. But who knows?