Fresno show is CANCELLED!

Subtle Signs

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spectacular news. I guess on the 31'st we'll get another expected anvil on our heads when the last day of December passes with no CD. Good stuff. Oh and this is the Chinese Democracy tour part 2...4 years later...with a different lineup....and no album...truly visionary to repeat the same fiasco twice. Axl has really bolstered my faith in this band and his uncompromising vision for Guns N' Roses.

Where are there two Axls on this picutre:

121206__axl3.jpg

(look below the main one).

HAHAHAHAHAHHA. Worst Photoshopping Ever.

Well, I guess they needed to get a picture up with Axl in a Christ pose to soften the fan reaction.

lol at first i thought it was him on the monitor but clearly thats not possible lol

Am I the only one who thinks something is going down at the L.A. shows? Maybe an announcement from Axl, a single, something?

We'll see.

Why?

Not really sure, just speculation. 3 L.A. shows, the long rumored December 19th release date, the cancelled Fresno show (maybe an apology), maybe nothing will happen. Hopefully something does.

Fresno is just not a very hip rock and roll city, it has a few cool pockets, but Fresno (while growing culturally) spend most of its early years as a home for Mongs, Vietnames and Mexican immigrants. It just is an industrial /agricultural area. The Savemart Arena is awesome and mebbe they thought due to the venue others would come from other parts of central california. But not till 2:30 on a weeknight. <_<

Oakland will be great. rock3 Just east of the bay area. rock1

121206__axl3.jpg

Well, I guess they needed to get a picture up with Axl in a Christ pose to soften the fan reaction.

:rofl-lol:

Oh god that's great!

Fresno is just not a very hip rock and roll city, it has a few cool pockets, but Fresno (while growing culturally) spend most of its early years as a home for Mongs, Vietnames and Mexican immigrants. It just is an industrial /agricultural area. The Savemart Arena is awesome and mebbe they thought due to the venue others would come from other parts of central california. But not till 2:30 on a weeknight. <_<

Oakland will be great. rock3 Just east of the bay area. rock1

We all know agricultural areas are not into rock n' roll...like much of the midwest... :monkey:

Oakland will be amazing though....with it's huge urban population that couldn't give a rat's ass about guns n' roses...

Did you read that press release? They couldn't give tickets away to that show. People were willing to take a free pizza over a ticket to a gnr show....

121206__axl3.jpg

Oh god that's great!

I've just noticed something - look at his neck! :shocked:

Are you fucking kidding me? It's just the video screen behind him that multiplies him...

does axl look skinnier or is that just me?

actually i think that may be the monitor. lookit the "other axl"s watch. lookit the real axl' swatch. the same.

Edited by Paradise City Man

121206__axl3.jpg

Oh god that's great!

Are you fucking kidding me? It's just the video screen behind him that multiplies him...

actually i think that may be the monitor. lookit the "other axl"s watch. lookit the real axl' swatch. the same.

his hand is at a differnet angle and so is his head. Also, its not possible for the monitor to be taking up that much of the stage

121206__axl3.jpg

Oh god that's great!

There's a "lens flare" from the light behind his left arm. Him standing in front of a monitor wouldn't add this effect. A flare was added in photoshop to give the impression he was actually standing in front of the drum riser here.

Look at the complete lack of any type of video artifacting in the background image. That is because it's a blown up picture, not a 'monitor'.

Look at the rotation of his right hand. It's different from foreground to background.

And lastly, look at the rings on the last two fingers of his right hand. They're different in the two images.

121206__axl3.jpg

Oh god that's great!

There's a "lens flare" from the light behind his left arm. Him standing in front of a monitor wouldn't add this effect. A flare was added in photoshop to give the impression he was actually standing in front of the drum riser here.

Look at the complete lack of any type of video artifacting in the background image. That is because it's a blown up picture, not a 'monitor'.

Look at the rotation of his right hand. It's different from foreground to background.

And lastly, look at the rings on the last two fingers of his right hand. They're different in the two images.

lol, you're reading way too much into this. It's NOT photoshopped.

WRONG

You are 100 percent wrong.

Save it to desktop and open with ms word. Click the down arrow a few times. It says adobe photoshop. It IS photoshopped.

You seriously think GnR's person photoshopped it and somehow fucked it up enough to have another Axl right behind the real one? :rofl-lol:

The people, (or person) shooting for the screen (which is behind Axl) aren't at the exact same angle as the person who took the pic...

<_< Yeah...the deleting is getting a bit excessive, but I guess he wants to limit the amount of rumors. I wonder what's the excuse for the cancellation?

1. Fire marshalls

2. Alcohol prohibition law

3. Buckethead had a ticket to attend

4. Steven Adler had a ticket to attend

5. Dizzy's broken bongos

6. <custom reason>

7. <custom reason>

8. <custom reason>

ANYTHING BUT AXL, of course.... :rolleyes:

They cancelled shows because Buckethead and Steven had tickets?