Protest

gnrdoug

I'm sure this has been said a million times on this board, but with two Tuesdays left and hope dwindling, I am proposing a protest.

If you bought tickets to a show, try to get a refund.

If you saw GNR this year, don't see them again, if and when they return to an arena near you.

Put away the GNR T-shirts and turn off the GNR songs.

I am so sick and tired of Axl and his bullshit. Every fucking year, the same sob story -- The album's coming, Wait it's almost here, Sorry it'll be released soon, Hold on.

Well, now I've got something for Axl -- I'm going to ignore you like you've ignored us fans for so long.

And no, a concert is not a substitute of a new album, so no excuses there.

Axl leads us fans along like a guy who cares nothing for his girlfriend, only that she's there making him look good, so he strings her along with false promises.

That's what we are - Axl's bitches. We fill his concerts, and his pockets. He says jump, we say how high. He says wait, we do.

So, protest. Don't give this egomaniacal, selfish, coward of a man a shred of respect. He gives us none.

Is he scared to release new music? How can he ask us to love the new band members -- which I totally do, by the way -- if he doesn't give us anything to showcase their talents?

Sure, I've heard the live recordings of the same five new tracks, but Goddamit, give me a song to listen to without screaming, whistling, hooting and hollering in the background.

For such a perfectionist, you would thing Axl would want us to hear the perfect version.

So, I'm protesting!!!!!!!!!!!! And I suggest you do the same.

PS - I'm still buying the new album when it comes out in 2020.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Wow! Okay, let's take a step back and breathe people. We are GNR fans. We have been through worse...

No, we haven't been through worse. Every fucking thing for almost a decade has been related to new material.

Axl needs to make his fucking mind up. Stand up and kick ass or sit down and dwindle into the past.

I don't even know why I am responding, I should be protesting all boards discussing this horse's ass as well.

:o Wow! Okay, let's take a step back and breathe people. We are GNR fans. We have been through worse...

No, we haven't been through worse. Every fucking thing for almost a decade has been related to new material.

Axl needs to make his fucking mind up. Stand up and kick ass or sit down and dwindle into the past.

I don't even know why I am responding, I should be protesting all boards discussing this horse's ass as well.

I'm with ya fruitcake!!!!!

I'm sure this has been said a million times on this board, but with two Tuesdays left and hope dwindling, I am proposing a protest.

If you saw GNR this year, don't see them again, if and when they return to an arena near you.

I am so sick and tired of Axl and his bullshit. Every fucking year, the same sob story -- The album's coming, Wait it's almost here, Sorry it'll be released soon, Hold on.

Well, now I've got something for Axl -- I'm going to ignore you like you've ignored us fans for so long.

Axl leads us fans along like a guy who cares nothing for his girlfriend, only that she's there making him look good, so he strings her along with false promises.

That's what we are - Axl's bitches. We fill his concerts, and his pockets. He says jump, we say how high. He says wait, we do.

So, protest. Don't give this egomaniacal, selfish, coward of a man a shred of respect. He gives us none.

Is he scared to release new music? How can he ask us to love the new band members -- which I totally do, by the way -- if he doesn't give us anything to showcase their talents?

Sure, I've heard the live recordings of the same five new tracks, but Goddamit, give me a song to listen to without screaming, whistling, hooting and hollering in the background.

For such a perfectionist, you would thing Axl would want us to hear the perfect version.

get a life you fucking loser

To be more specific, I meant that this is a cancellation of one show, not an entire tour like 2002. And I hated those long years of silence...

WE WANT GUNS N' ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no.

well at least i dont...

i love the original version of guns n roses.....but ive been listening to so much of the new band(live performances, demos) ive kinda grown apart from the originals

WE WANT GUNS N' ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no.

well at least i dont...

i love the original version of guns n roses.....but ive been listening to so much of the new band(live performances, demos) ive kinda grown apart from the originals

Then you have moved on from Guns N' Roses

Edited by Son Of A Gun

no.

well at least i dont...

Then you have moved on from Guns N' Roses

i know what you mean...i just dont feel the same way about them(dont get me wrong i love them...but its just not the same)

some people seem to forget something...now what is it...oh yeah....

THE LIVE SHOWS ARE STILL A SWEET FUCKING TIME WITH OR WITHOUT AN ALBUM

They are? I can't really find the excitement in shows that only parts of the american westcoast are able to attend, if they're lucky. And bootlegs? I have the RAR bootleg, do we need anything else, really?

The album is what matters, it's the only thing that matters. Live shows are just a distraction for a night.

This is bullshit. Proposing a boycott because there's no fucking album? I've said it before and I'll say it again - ONLY Gn'R 'fans'. Count me out. I won't even bother with an explanation. We're used to that. LOL!

"You think you got it all locked up inside - And if you beat em' enough they'll die..."

"And free them so that they may know - that's it's never too late..."

LOL! You'll see it...

Edited by Ions

Great! So, if everyone who regularly posts around on GNR forums (lets say all of them do this), that means about 1/2 of a percent of the gross total attendance would drop in the end.

That'll sure hurt.

see what im saying, people are starting to realize what i said , the album isnt coming out and people are getting fed up, i wont see them again or support them again untill an album is out, hes let everyone down, its hard to be a fan ... imagine you hadnt heard the leaks either... how dissapointed fans are, no new music, super late shows, if he shows up, its all bull shit, he calls it rock n roll, ?? its retarted head games

see what im saying, people are starting to realize what i said , the album isnt coming out and people are getting fed up, i wont see them again or support them again untill an album is out, hes let everyone down, its hard to be a fan ... imagine you hadnt heard the leaks either... how dissapointed fans are, no new music, super late shows, if he shows up, its all bull shit, he calls it rock n roll, ?? its retarted head games

Are you talking about Pink Floyd?

In the beginning of the year the sightings/leaks renewed my interest in GnR big time - was obsessed. Then I stopped listening to them because momentum slowed down, then when they came to MA I saw them and interest was brought up again for a little. Then I realized the album won't come out - I give up. No more listening to Guns N' Roses...Black Crowes all the way! They have a new album out next year, and with multiple hiatus' they managed to still get albums out & do tons of tours (plus they switch up the setlist every single night and play way more of their songs than GnR do - GnR has seemed so bland to me lately).

I sort of see the new band as showing the old band some respect in terms of not just trampling over the past - like waiting this amount of time and working hard enough on CD to make it good.

What about them cashing in on the old bands music night after night. You can't even compare them to the old band becasue they've produced nothing to compare them with.

I read this thing that Pink Flyod toured while working on Dark Side and then when tour was over went in and recorded the album. So people were going to shows without an new album - it's not a completely new way of doing it.

Like in the other post they were playing the whole new album in its entiry (to the most part) every night. So its not the smae at all. Plus it wasnt a bunch of news guys trying to prove themselves they were an allready established act.

I want the album to come out just as anyone else, but what can you do.

I'm still going to listen to GnR.If they come to Australia, I'll definitly go and see them.

Plus I'll be getting what I paid for, seeing the band perform. I don't care if my money is making Axl richer because he doesn't put a gun to peoples heads and says come and see us play.It's a choice to go or not and you pay to see the band perform.

I think the cd will be released in the near future.

We'll hear some news soon :laugh: