Protest

gnrdoug

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this has been said a million times on this board, but with two Tuesdays left and hope dwindling, I am proposing a protest.

If you bought tickets to a show, try to get a refund.

If you saw GNR this year, don't see them again, if and when they return to an arena near you.

Put away the GNR T-shirts and turn off the GNR songs.

I am so sick and tired of Axl and his bullshit. Every fucking year, the same sob story -- The album's coming, Wait it's almost here, Sorry it'll be released soon, Hold on.

Well, now I've got something for Axl -- I'm going to ignore you like you've ignored us fans for so long.

And no, a concert is not a substitute of a new album, so no excuses there.

Axl leads us fans along like a guy who cares nothing for his girlfriend, only that she's there making him look good, so he strings her along with false promises.

That's what we are - Axl's bitches. We fill his concerts, and his pockets. He says jump, we say how high. He says wait, we do.

So, protest. Don't give this egomaniacal, selfish, coward of a man a shred of respect. He gives us none.

Is he scared to release new music? How can he ask us to love the new band members -- which I totally do, by the way -- if he doesn't give us anything to showcase their talents?

Sure, I've heard the live recordings of the same five new tracks, but Goddamit, give me a song to listen to without screaming, whistling, hooting and hollering in the background.

For such a perfectionist, you would thing Axl would want us to hear the perfect version.

So, I'm protesting!!!!!!!!!!!! And I suggest you do the same.

PS - I'm still buying the new album when it comes out in 2020.

This is the SECOND time I'm posting because apparently Zint61 is abusing his power and doesn't like me:(

So if all of the people that frequent GNR message boards boycott the band... about 1/2 of a percentile of gross ticket sales would be affected.

That would hurt, indeed.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure this has been said a million times on this board, but with two Tuesdays left and hope dwindling, I am proposing a protest.

If you saw GNR this year, don't see them again, if and when they return to an arena near you.

I am so sick and tired of Axl and his bullshit. Every fucking year, the same sob story -- The album's coming, Wait it's almost here, Sorry it'll be released soon, Hold on.

Well, now I've got something for Axl -- I'm going to ignore you like you've ignored us fans for so long.

Axl leads us fans along like a guy who cares nothing for his girlfriend, only that she's there making him look good, so he strings her along with false promises.

That's what we are - Axl's bitches. We fill his concerts, and his pockets. He says jump, we say how high. He says wait, we do.

So, protest. Don't give this egomaniacal, selfish, coward of a man a shred of respect. He gives us none.

Is he scared to release new music? How can he ask us to love the new band members -- which I totally do, by the way -- if he doesn't give us anything to showcase their talents?

Sure, I've heard the live recordings of the same five new tracks, but Goddamit, give me a song to listen to without screaming, whistling, hooting and hollering in the background.

For such a perfectionist, you would thing Axl would want us to hear the perfect version.

This is the SECOND time I'm posting because apparently Zint61 is abusing his power and doesn't like me:(

So if all of the people that frequent GNR message boards boycott the band... about 1/2 of a percentile of gross ticket sales would be affected.

That would hurt, indeed.

The hell are you talking about with zint?

That would hurt, indeed.

My posts are disappearing for some reason. Why would a post like the one above get deleted?

That would hurt, indeed.

My posts are disappearing for some reason. Why would a post like the one above get deleted?

I sitll see your other one with that percentile sentence...

:drevil:

Dude give me a break go and buy a Vr ticket oh wait there not doing anything either just deal with it lol i mean move on with your life.

Get your facts straight pal before you call me out on the boards.

I haven't deleted one single post here tonight.

My bad Zint. Now my other post is back... weird. I think Sandman put the funny mushrooms in my pizza tonight.

You owe me one... or is it... I owe you one?

My bad Zint. Now my other post is back... weird. I think Sandman put the funny mushrooms in my pizza tonight.

You owe me one... or is it... I owe you one?

no prob....clean slate

THE LIVE SHOWS ARE STILL A SWEET FUCKING TIME WITH OR WITHOUT AN ALBUM
Well, alot of people are tired of having AFD shoved down their throats. Most nostalgia freaks will wait for the inevitable reunion. This band needs to live and die on its own material instead of living off the ghosts of the past. This tour is basically the AFD tour with a few bonus tracks thrown in to try and keep the hardcore fans happy. Time for Plan B. The AFD plan isnt working anymore. Only things that should be played off those old albums are a selection of hits with CD being showcased. Unfortunately, this band doesnt have the guts to do that. They have to spend all their time trampling on the legacy of something that was magical instead of trying to create their own legacy.

This is how I deal with it. I've either called the fucking music stores in my area every Tuesday since the infamous "Thirteen Tuesdays" press release.

I'm tired of being let down by Axl. And, I've already seen VR and Scott's got nothing on Axl, except that he occasionally puts new -- and sometimes -- decent music out there to be consumed by the fans.

Axl makes us all look like fools. Waiting for an album, posting on message boards.

So, you keep sucking his dick if you want.

I'm done.

Fuck him and his insecure, indecisive ass.

Well, alot of people are tired of having AFD shoved down their throats.

who forced you to go? what was forced? jesus, now you are accusing Axl forcing you to listen to his music? DID HE STEAL/LOAD YOUR IPOD???

When tickets went on sale for this tour, it was called the CHINESE DEMOCRACY tour. If he had called it the AFD tour like he should have, this tour already would have crashed and burned.

You can keep defending this farce as much as you want, but you are quickly running out of things to defend.

Well, alot of people are tired of having AFD shoved down their throats.

who forced you to go? what was forced? jesus, now you are accusing Axl forcing you to listen to his music? DID HE STEAL/LOAD YOUR IPOD???

When tickets went on sale for this tour, it was called the CHINESE DEMOCRACY tour. If he had called it the AFD tour like he should have, this tour already would have crashed and burned.

You can keep defending this farce as much as you want, but you are quickly running out of things to defend.

5 new songs on the last show, that is good enough. I dont have to defend, you guys are the ones who are cryng, I dont give a shit.

5 new songs on the last show, that is good enough. I dont have to defend, you guys are the ones who are cryng, I dont give a shit.
For someone who bitches constantly, you sure show a funny way of not giving a shit.

1987-89- AFD tour

1991-93- UYI Tour

2001- some AFD shows

2002- AFD tour

2006-AFD tour

Am I the only one who notices a pattern here?

THE LIVE SHOWS ARE STILL A SWEET FUCKING TIME WITH OR WITHOUT AN ALBUM

Well, alot of people are tired of having AFD shoved down their throats. Most nostalgia freaks will wait for the inevitable reunion. This band needs to live and die on its own material instead of living off the ghosts of the past. This tour is basically the AFD tour with a few bonus tracks thrown in to try and keep the hardcore fans happy. Time for Plan B. The AFD plan isnt working anymore. Only things that should be played off those old albums are a selection of hits with CD being showcased. Unfortunately, this band doesnt have the guts to do that. They have to spend all their time trampling on the legacy of something that was magical instead of trying to create their own legacy.

Well alot of people can suck my dick...shove it right down their throat...But there is NO DOUBT that this is better than what we had before and there is NO REASON TO NOT GO TO THE SHOWS WHICH KICK ASS RIGHT NOW!!!

so why backmail them to our disadvantage?

A8R

For someone who bitches constantly, you sure show a funny way of not giving a shit.

1987-89- AFD tour

1991-93- UYI Tour

2001- some AFD shows

2002- AFD tour

2006-AFD tour

Am I the only one who notices a pattern here?

I never bitch or complain about GNR, why should I they are just a rock band, I just enjoy the music, just try to convince those who do bitch that they are missing out. And I meant I dont give a shit about the album coming out on time, if it comes great if not, oh well.

Edited by Gunzen

Guys do you realize what we have become?

What kind of fans do this to the artists they love? We are acting like his enemies!

I know that everything that is going on sucks but we are turning into exactly the opposite of what it means to be a fan.

good point but speak for yourself, I got no problem with the band or anyone else, not even dead feather..or..facial or whatever, I just want poeple to enjoy. I will try to convince them that the new GNR is worth seeing.... rock3

more the merrier

Edited by Gunzen

I know that everything that is going on sucks but we are turning into exactly the opposite of what it means to be a fan.
and GNR have turned into the exact opposite of what it means to be a rock band. Axl said he was "moving GNR forward and would bring the fans along with him".

Good job Axl. What once was the greatest band on the planet is now nothing more than a fucking soap opera that only a fraction of your old fanbase gives a shit about. I bet that took great vision.

Edited by Jameslofton29

and GNR have turned into the exact opposite of what it means to be a rock band. Axl said he was "moving GNR forward and would bring the fans along with him".

Good job Axl. What once was the greatest band on the planet is now nothing more than a fucking soap opera that only a fraction of your old fanbase gives a shit about. I bet that took great vision.

What's really inexcusable is that the band haven't even released anything to say that we're waiting in vain.

GNR have turned into the exact opposite of what it means to be a rock band.

yeah, no other rock band has ever missed a few shows on a tour or had a singer get sick, or even throw a fit. Axl is the opposite of a rock star, dude I will never again even read one of your posts.

Axl is the mold for a rock star, love em or hate em, he is imfamous. Go say "Look its Anthony Keides, or James Hetfield, or Sctoo Weilen" at a party and see who even turns threir head. Say Axl Rose and people will look, it is that simple. Really, you calling Axl the opposite of a rock star (which is what you are saying by GNR being the opposite of a rock band) make you the opposite of a genius. :angry:

Speaking of vision...

Guys do you realize what we have become?

What kind of fans do this to the artists they love? We are acting like his enemies!

good point but speak for yourself, I got no problem with the band or anyone else, not even dead feather..or..facial or whatever, I just want poeple to enjoy. I will try to convince them that the new GNR is worth seeing.... rock3

more the merrier

Well I have no problem with the band or Axl at all. I went to 3 amazing shows so I'm pretty content about that. However no doubt the situation right now just sucks in general- big backlash from tons of fans and the media. A lot of things are going on that are not positive. As far as the album I am a little sick of talking about it and as of right now I honestly think I've stopped caring about it anyway. It is what it is.

It scares me when I see people saying Axl needs to go to hell, calling him shit, threatening stuff.. its childish, ineffective, and just not what it means to be a fan at all!

GNR have turned into the exact opposite of what it means to be a rock band.

yeah, no other rock band has ever missed a few shows on a tour or had a singer get sick, or even throw a fit. Axl is the opposite of a rock star, dude I will never again even read one of your posts.

Axl is the mold for a rock star, love em or hate em, he is imfamous. Go say "Look its Anthony Keides, or James Hetfield, or Sctoo Weilen" at a party and see who even turns threir head. Say Axl Rose and people will look, it is that simple. Really, you calling Axl the opposite of a rock star (which is what you are saying by GNR being the opposite of a rock band) make you the opposite of a genius. :angry:

I agree with you in part. But the last time I checked, being a rock star involved having a GODDAMNED PAIR OF TESTICLES!!!

That means having the balls to tell us yourself that the album's not coming this year. Not leave us to figure it out yourself, and not hide behind Merck. :fuckyou: