Venting/Reality Check

kurko

is it me or axl and CO. handling this situation in the most unprofessional way? they never release a damn PR worthy of mentioning. Its always about 'appetite for destruction' i mean seriously, who cares? the album was what 20 years ago. i am not discrediting it or denying its perfectionism. i simply dont give a shit anymore to hear about it in the news. i have the 20 year old cd in my collection and i can play it whenever the hell i want. Not only that, us die hard fans waiting and waiting. i love how this forum always back's axl up with his LEGALITIES ooooo his LEGALITIES. you know what. axl isnt about that. it seems that either 1. this forum is a bunch of bandwagon gunners from the 2000 era or 2. theyve been with us since the late80/early90's. i am sure you have all heard a gnr bootleg from the old lineup. whats one thing that axl was always very pivotal about? HIS RANTS. he didnt give a shit about breaking the rules or the laws. whats changed now? why all the sudden is he all secretive and does not want to break the law. if he really has a great peice of work up his sleeve, you'd think he'd be doing much more to promote this damn thing. but no. his intelligent PR crew and manager are doing an excellent job at getting this going. HAHA. man in the 90s there was no way that you did not know Axl was coming in town. i am sure there will be people out there that will be like well UH KURKO WHAT ABOUT CLEAR CHANNEL AXL WILL MESS IT UP. LOL he comes on stage at 12+ as usual. im sure cc aint to happy about that either. The problem with Axl is. he isnt a rock artist anymore. hes lost the passion. at 06 chicago show. he did nothing to stir the crowd up. hell, sebastian bach got the crowd going more than axl did. how many more times can axl go around the world singing the same damn shit over and over again? :anger:

on track with axl and his rants. what is with axl lately? he goes on the stage lik ea damn record player and plays and thats it. we dont get any rants or talk. does he even give a shit anymore? the chicago show at the all state was EXCELLENT ill give him that. however, he failed to even say anything like 'WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE CHICAGGGOOO' where is his touch? its lost. he needs to learn. life is about risks and taking them. whatever happened to the old axl. the i dont give a shit axl? WITH ALL DO RESPECT, hes a damn pussy now. leaving out his fans in the cold like this. ridiculous. i could go on and on. however i am sure the forum rules will delete my thread LOL. GUNS N ROSES new album: MYGNR DEMOCRACY!

im not looking for a bash fest, however if you feel its neccessary go ahead, i dont care. im stating my mind ive been a loyal gnr fan since 89. whether or not you believe im a gnr fan, i dont care. ive stuck with um since. im just tired of his shit. axl grow up. merck should be fired. get a real person in charge and get the wheels in motion. obviously merck cant handle the burden of GNR or he'd be doing something about this, which he clearly has not. if axl is so sophisticated and complex, why the hell doesnt he find a new manager to get his fucking ass in gear and get this peice of art out regardless if hes scared if the public will accept it or not. WHO THE HELL KNOWS UNTIL YOU RELEASE IT!? axl needs a life lesson.

/kurko

is it me or axl and CO. handling this situation in the most unprofessional way? they never release a damn PR worthy of mentioning. Its always about 'appetite for destruction' i mean seriously, who cares? the album was what 20 years ago. i am not discrediting it or denying its perfectionism. i simply dont give a shit anymore to hear about it in the news. i have the 20 year old cd in my collection and i can play it whenever the hell i want. Not only that, us die hard fans waiting and waiting. i love how this forum always back's axl up with his LEGALITIES ooooo his LEGALITIES. you know what. axl isnt about that. it seems that either 1. this forum is a bunch of bandwagon gunners from the 2000 era or 2. theyve been with us since the late80/early90's. i am sure you have all heard a gnr bootleg from the old lineup. whats one thing that axl was always very pivotal about? HIS RANTS. he didnt give a shit about breaking the rules or the laws. whats changed now? why all the sudden is he all secretive and does not want to break the law. if he really has a great peice of work up his sleeve, you'd think he'd be doing much more to promote this damn thing. but no. his intelligent PR crew and manager are doing an excellent job at getting this going. HAHA. man in the 90s there was no way that you did not know Axl was coming in town. i am sure there will be people out there that will be like well UH KURKO WHAT ABOUT CLEAR CHANNEL AXL WILL MESS IT UP. LOL he comes on stage at 12+ as usual. im sure cc aint to happy about that either. The problem with Axl is. he isnt a rock artist anymore. hes lost the passion. at 06 chicago show. he did nothing to stir the crowd up. hell, sebastian bach got the crowd going more than axl did. how many more times can axl go around the world singing the same damn shit over and over again? :anger:

on track with axl and his rants. what is with axl lately? he goes on the stage lik ea damn record player and plays and thats it. we dont get any rants or talk. does he even give a shit anymore? the chicago show at the all state was EXCELLENT ill give him that. however, he failed to even say anything like 'WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE CHICAGGGOOO' where is his touch? its lost. he needs to learn. life is about risks and taking them. whatever happened to the old axl. the i dont give a shit axl? WITH ALL DO RESPECT, hes a damn pussy now. leaving out his fans in the cold like this. ridiculous. i could go on and on. however i am sure the forum rules will delete my thread LOL. GUNS N ROSES new album: MYGNR DEMOCRACY!

im not looking for a bash fest, however if you feel its neccessary go ahead, i dont care. im stating my mind ive been a loyal gnr fan since 89. whether or not you believe im a gnr fan, i dont care. ive stuck with um since. im just tired of his shit. axl grow up. merck should be fired. get a real person in charge and get the wheels in motion. obviously merck cant handle the burden of GNR or he'd be doing something about this, which he clearly has not. if axl is so sophisticated and complex, why the hell doesnt he find a new manager to get his fucking ass in gear and get this peice of art out regardless if hes scared if the public will accept it or not. WHO THE HELL KNOWS UNTIL YOU RELEASE IT!? axl needs a life lesson.

/kurko

Hmmm... someone said something for folks like you... ummm... what was it... oh yea! It's in my signature:)

"If it doesn't happen this year, then I give up waiting." Something I've been reading on this board since before I registered. If you do indeed give up on your beloved Rose, then yes, it is sad. But think of the last time Kiss, Poison, or Motley Crue released a new album (and Motley's 6 greatest hits records in 6 years don't count). Axl Has given us as much new music as any of them, and people still see their shows when they tour. What I am getting at, is saying, "Boycott GnR shows if no new album," won't do too terribly much, because people go to shows often for nostalgic value, to relive an earlier time in their life. Rant over.

2006 is the year.

"If it doesn't happen this year, then I give up waiting." Something I've been reading on this board since before I registered. If you do indeed give up on your beloved Rose, then yes, it is sad. But think of the last time Kiss, Poison, or Motley Crue released a new album (and Motley's 6 greatest hits records in 6 years don't count). Axl Has given us as much new music as any of them, and people still see their shows when they tour. What I am getting at, is saying, "Boycott GnR shows if no new album," won't do too terribly much, because people go to shows often for nostalgic value, to relive an earlier time in their life. Rant over.

2006 is the year.

amen rock1

So we have pretty much exhausted the GNR cencelled thing. But I have a question. You guys who are all "Butt Hurt" by the album not coming out, 4 cancelled shows out of 90 etc. say "I have stuck by Axl and supported him" How exactly did you do that?

Obviously buying his music so you can listen to it and enjoy it gives you a "Payoff" Your intentions were not to put money in his pocket, or put his kids through college, etc.

You dont listen to his music on your way to a ski trip to help Axl power-wash his home? You do it because you like it, and it is a "payoff" for you. (By the way, I am including myself in your group ;) )

When we watch Axl on youtube, or copy/burn his music, we are NOT doing it to buy Axl a new car, or even get him laid. We are dong it because we want it.

My point is this, if your motivation to be a GNR fan is for yourself (ourselves) then why do we keep saying he owes us?

I dont want to get into Axl's "payoffs", cause unlike most people on this forum, I have no fucking idea what winds his clock. You all seem to know.

If any of you want to explain to me about he time when you were beaten, stretched at the rack, or whipped senseless for listening to GNR, then I will accept this. But unless you can, I would like to remind you if you bought a cd, and it wasnt scratched, you and Axl are even. If you went to a show, and Axl performed, you are even, and if he didnt, and you got your money back, then you are less than even, but not by much (service fee).

So, please tell me how what your definition of being an Alltruistic GNR fan is? Cause I would like to know who is the fan without getting a "Payoff" cause those are the only screwed ones.