Has rock lost its essence??

feconroses

Thay are the best fucking band out there and the best ever!

You can't be serious...

yes I am because...

1. Thay have two of the greatest guitar players Alexi and Roope

2. Thay make kick ass songs and melodis

3. Thay have one of the best keyboard players Janne

4. Thay have freeking cool guitar and keyboard solos

5. Thay have attitude and make FUCK YOU! songs

6. Thay have long hair and looks bad ass and not gay like *cough*Axl*cough*from 92-2006*cough* and all the gay mainstream rock bands

7. Thay FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!

8. Thay are kick ass live

9. Thay are nice to their fans

10. Thay have a great drumer and a great bass players

the only thing that is a little bad is the singing and it would be cooler if thay hade a singer like Mats Leven. But Alexis singing rock sometimes and I have got used to it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be serious...

yes I am because...

6. Thay have long hair and looks bad ass and not gay like *cough*Axl*cough*from 92-2006*cough* and all the gay mainstream rock bands

the only thing that is a little bad is the singing and it would be cooler if thay hade a singer like Mats Leven. But Alexis singing rock sometimes and I have got used to it.

I didn't know the made melodies. All I ever heard from them was noise.

You can't be serious...

yes I am because...

That can be said for a load of other bands.

You can't be serious...

yes I am because...

You can think what you want about bands I can't make you like them but I'll just say this

listen to this song at 0:37-0:57 and 1:33-2:05 and after that 2:34-3:40 and then tell me it's just noise and if you still think it I'll just post another clip :P

COB-ETID

Edited by Desperado

in a word yes.

but

the bands you list arent trying to be rock. if you look around there are few bands who can till do it in the same way - probably only Black Label Society, Crue, and real rock and metal.

the problem is that if someone comes along being all rock n roll then theyre in it for the wrong reasons. towers of London? no man - the new boys just all seem like pretenders to me, and that is as far from cool as you can get. people who have made it who are still wannabes. not cool.

Black Label Society all the way

what is this anti-gay thing people have goin on that they think has somethin to do with rock n roll? lemme let y'all in on a little secret here. the fagged out aspect of rock n roll is what made it so rebellious to fucking begin with. long hair, something rock n roll brought into mainstream society pissed off society so much cuz they thought it looked queer. Little Richard, with his make up and high pitched voice was so challenging to his era because he looked queer. Mick Jagger and his effeminate camp bluesy thing and his british accent (not to insult british people, this is certainly not something i subscribe to but its an underlying middle american hick thing, or was, that british accents sound queer) was so challenging because to Joe Schmo with his 2.5 children, because it looked/sounded queer, the new york dolls and this drag get up, looked queer, the entire glam scene, david bowie, guns n roses, the hair metal scene ALL of these had parts of this fag thing so i find it weird that fans of ass in the grass grimey rock n roll can be so contemptuous of homosexuals.

what is this anti-gay thing people have goin on that they think has somethin to do with rock n roll? lemme let y'all in on a little secret here. the fagged out aspect of rock n roll is what made it so rebellious to fucking begin with. long hair, something rock n roll brought into mainstream society pissed off society so much cuz they thought it looked queer. Little Richard, with his make up and high pitched voice was so challenging to his era because he looked queer. Mick Jagger and his effeminate camp bluesy thing and his british accent (not to insult british people, this is certainly not something i subscribe to but its an underlying middle american hick thing, or was, that british accents sound queer) was so challenging because to Joe Schmo with his 2.5 children, because it looked/sounded queer, the new york dolls and this drag get up, looked queer, the entire glam scene, david bowie, guns n roses, the hair metal scene ALL of these had parts of this fag thing so i find it weird that fans of ass in the grass grimey rock n roll can be so contemptuous of homosexuals.

mmm yeah... there is some guys at my school who calls me gay and fag and shit just because I have long hair. but when I say some thing in rock is gay it is when thay have short hair and look mainstreem. I know I shouldn't call people gay but anyway.

Edited by Desperado

You can't be serious...

yes I am because...

You can think what you want about bands I can't make you like them but I'll just say this

listen to this song at 0:37-0:57 and 1:33-2:05 and after that 2:34-3:40 and then tell me it's just noise and if you still think it I'll just post another clip :P

COB-ETID

I'm with Desperado :)

It's not all noise. None of it is. Theres reasons why most people call them 'melodic death metal'.

They have the attitude that this thread is talking about, anyone that knows anything about COB will say that.

Ha and although Desperado may have gone a bit over the top with his list :P essentially he is right. They are one freakin' talented band.

....and for the record Desperado I love Alexi's voice :P especially on the older albums when it's not so much singing. :)

You can't be serious...

yes I am because...

COB-ETID

It's not all noise. None of it is. Theres reasons why most people call them 'melodic death metal'.

They have the attitude that this thread is talking about, anyone that knows anything about COB will say that.

Ha and although Desperado may have gone a bit over the top with his list :P essentially he is right. They are one freakin' talented band.

....and for the record Desperado I love Alexi's voice :P especially on the older albums when it's not so much singing. :)

I like how he sings now better like on Angels Don't Kill from stockholm knockout :P But I really like how he sings the Chorus on Black Widow and Red Light In My Eyes part1 with his low voise and on Towards Dead End :D

I like how he sings now better like on Angels Don't Kill from stockholm knockout :P But I really like how he sings the Chorus on Black Widow and Red Light In My Eyes part1 with his low voise and on Towards Dead End :D

Damn I need to get my hands on Something Wild. It's the only studio album I don't have :( and goddamn I really want that DVD! Have you got it? Any good?

The voice of the vocalist is just plain awful. And about those parts Desperado mentioned, they're not as bad as what I have heard from them (I don't remember the name of the songs), but they're not that great. Too much noise in the background, making the guitar seem lost in the heavy drums and bass. Or maybe I just don't know how to appreciate death metal.

The voice of the vocalist is just plain awful. And about those parts Desperado mentioned, they're not as bad as what I have heard from them (I don't remember the name of the songs), but they're not that great. Too much noise in the background, making the guitar seem lost in the heavy drums and bass. Or maybe I just don't know how to appreciate death metal.

Depends what albums you listen to. I would say the same thing about the guitar getting lost in the earlier albums (as well with some vocals), but if you listen to it enough you soon get used to it and can pick them out pretty easy. It's all pretty much different on their newer albums, Are you Dead Yet? is a much simpler sound, so there is less 'noise', but I guess if you don't like the voice it would be pretty hard to like the band in whole :P.

I'm with Desperado

....and for the record Desperado I love Alexi's voice especially on the older albums when it's not so much singing.

Damn I need to get my hands on Something Wild. It's the only studio album I don't have :( and goddamn I really want that DVD! Have you got it? Any good?

The DVD is like the best thing that Children Of Bodom have put out! I have watched it like 100 times and I haven't got bored of it yet (watching it now too) :P the worst thing on it is maybe that Alexi doesn't play the breakedown on the Downfall solo but everything else is great :D And the documentary is great and funny and the delated scenes is funny as hell and you have to get it rock3

Edited by Desperado

Rock and Metal has become a cliche. It won't get back to how it was in the 70s/80s, and to be honest, I don't want it to.

I want it to change, and the rock scene these days isn't as bad as people assume.

Oh, and for the record, Bodom are over-rated. Its all been done before.

Rock needs fun.

We have too much shit in the mainstream trying to be all complex and shit. Then half the bands who call themselves throwbacks are unoriginal and cliched...

Somebody needs to do what Joe Perry did in the seventies. Pick up an old guitar out of a trash can and write a riff on it. Anything! Rock needs spontaneity. As far as I'm concerned, ONLY Aerosmith have that among all the major rock bands in the world right now.