Has rock lost its essence??

feconroses

What popular band (not underground or local bands)... nowadays represent what rock is about?

My Chemical Romance? Fall out boy? Panic! at the disco?

Hell no!! Where is the rebelion!?! Where is that type of bands that only wanted to have sex, drugs and rock n roll? Shit!! Even Metallica has settle down!! The last band that i can think of that had this attitude is maybe guns n roses...maybe nirvana...or early greenday (maybe).

Where is the IN YOUR FACE attitude? where is the FUCK YOU attitude? where is all that?

Has rock n roll "matured" from a crazy teenager to a 45 year old post menopause woman?

Maybe this is why rap is so "popular" and cool right now. Cuz they have the attitude rock n roll bands used to have. Rock isnt cool anymore. Now i see most of these bands like...nerds or emos or some stupid kids!!! Not as those gods almighty that can do anything they want!!

Discuss.

i agree. im tired of hearing a bunch of people tell me that Marlyn Manson is rebellious. sure he is, but that was abck in the 80's. he sucks now. i dont think he's even making music anymore (thank god). And its stupid to hear a bunch of emos say "OMFG! Slash sucks! fall out boy is so much better!!!! omfg!!!" how are they better? they slap a few chords together, and then they become famous for slitting thier wrists. wow. congradu-fucking-lations. you've failed at life.

Marlyn Manson was rebellious. after he put out Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) he stoped. so in my eyes really his only shity album is the The Golden Age of Grotesque one. it sucked balls. and also he wasnt even making music in the 80's dude. he was 1990's and got reali big after anticrist superstar in 1996. and yes he still is making music. he is putting out one last album called eat me drink me. but for emo's they can all die for all i care

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's rebellious about Velvet revolver? :confused: The only thing they seem to be rebelling against is retirement.

:laugh: Indeed!

it make me giggle to myself when i read about people who think rock music is dead, and look for a 80's or 70's or even 60's mentality to music in modern day stuff. i dont understand why. we live in 2007. i dont personally want to hear a replica band trying to re-create a sound and attitude that was present in the 80's. We're not rebelious people in the same way now. We aren't fighting the same things, and society has changed as has the music.

That's it. :)

Rock has not lost it's essence. People were saying that very same thing back in the 1970s, already nostalgic for what had gone, and it's very easy to roll with that sentimentality nowadays too.

Honestly, there are always good exciting songs around to live your good times to, it just doesn't have to be the same stuff that's already been done.

Because that would be boring.

u cant get much more in your face than towers of london!!

rock2

completely contrived, they dont deserve to be in the same catergory as any band with an ounce of entegrity. their music is piss poor, they think by wearing big sunglasses, getting pissed and swearing a lot is "rock n roll"...what ever that cunty expression means. makes me skin crawl to here it, its embarassing. what ever it means, rock bands of the past used to entail all of that effortlessly AND wrote amazing music. everything's been done before...death of an author. read it.

Ok, so death metal is the absolute worst thing in music history. I'd rather listen to Toby Keith over any death metal, or most music these days for that matter...well, that's a lie, but the death metal things aren't.

Velvet Revolver and Wolfmother have been the only half-decent things in music these past few years. Now with rap going down the drain 10x worse, I'm going mental.

CAN"T WAIT FOR GN'R TO STRAIGHTEN MUSIC OUT!

What popular band (not underground or local bands)... nowadays represent what rock is about?

My Chemical Romance? Fall out boy? Panic! at the disco?

Hell no!! Where is the rebelion!?! Where is that type of bands that only wanted to have sex, drugs and rock n roll? Shit!! Even Metallica has settle down!! The last band that i can think of that had this attitude is maybe guns n roses...maybe nirvana...or early greenday (maybe).

Where is the IN YOUR FACE attitude? where is the FUCK YOU attitude? where is all that?

Has rock n roll "matured" from a crazy teenager to a 45 year old post menopause woman?

Maybe this is why rap is so "popular" and cool right now. Cuz they have the attitude rock n roll bands used to have. Rock isnt cool anymore. Now i see most of these bands like...nerds or emos or some stupid kids!!! Not as those gods almighty that can do anything they want!!

Discuss.

You sound like you're 50 years old. Rock is fine. For every MCR now, there was a Gin Blossums in the 90s and a Warrant in the 80s. There are good bands and bad bands. There are one hit wonders, one album wonders, and never shoulda gotten a contracts.

marilyn manson is...contrived.

what do you mean?

i mean...he looks like he makes a concious attempt to shock, its not him naturally, its something of careful design and therefore predictable and boring. he talks a lotta shit but dont back it up like say, GG Allin did.

u cant get much more in your face than towers of london!!

rock2

completely contrived, they dont deserve to be in the same catergory as any band with an ounce of entegrity. their music is piss poor, they think by wearing big sunglasses, getting pissed and swearing a lot is "rock n roll"...what ever that cunty expression means. makes me skin crawl to here it, its embarassing. what ever it means, rock bands of the past used to entail all of that effortlessly AND wrote amazing music. everything's been done before...death of an author. read it.

TOL r a great rock/punk band...they put on a great show and there songs aint bad either..there the best new band in that category around id say IMO !

dnt all slate me