Rolling Stone Article on Bach's Comment

Nick85

Dunno if it's been posted yet but here...

12/14/06, 11:34 am EST

Sebastian Bach Parades “Chinese Democracy” Knowledge In Our Faces

So Sebastian Bach is essentially Axl’s publicist these days, right? That’s practically official already? The former Skid Row rocker has come to the defense of Axl et al, claiming that not only does Chinese Democracy have a release date, but that he knows what it is. He can’t say of course, because that would be a “betrayal of confidence.” Right.

His temporary solution for fans who are sick of this runaround bullshit? Come to the show. “Guns N’ Roses fans are not just interested in old songs,” the singer reportedly said. “They want to hear Chinese Democracy … If you want to hear the songs, come by the show.”

Who knew rock bands could be such shameless teases?

-- Elizabeth Goodman

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...e-in-our-faces/

Dunno if it's been posted yet but here...

12/14/06, 11:34 am EST

Sebastian Bach Parades “Chinese Democracy” Knowledge In Our Faces

So Sebastian Bach is essentially Axl’s publicist these days, right? That’s practically official already? The former Skid Row rocker has come to the defense of Axl et al, claiming that not only does Chinese Democracy have a release date, but that he knows what it is. He can’t say of course, because that would be a “betrayal of confidence.” Right.

His temporary solution for fans who are sick of this runaround bullshit? Come to the show. “Guns N’ Roses fans are not just interested in old songs,” the singer reportedly said. “They want to hear Chinese Democracy … If you want to hear the songs, come by the show.”

Who knew rock bands could be such shameless teases?

-- Elizabeth Goodman

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...e-in-our-faces/

we would come to the shows, just dont cancel them!!!

So like merc won't even replie to this." yeah come to the shows , spend your hard earned money , make travel plans , hotl arrangements, eating , ect. etc.etc. , under the disguise of a album coming out, have some wannabe church boy , become a self titled spokesman for gnr since nobody else can say anything.

When does this shit end?

So like merc won't even replie to this." yeah come to the shows , spend your hard earned money , make travel plans , hotl arrangements, eating , ect. etc.etc. , under the disguise of a album coming out, have some wannabe church boy , become a self titled spokesman for gnr since nobody else can say anything.

When does this shit end?

Probably when the tour ends and they feel they've collected enough money to let us know the record isn't coming out. I guess Axl needed more money to pay his "band mates" salary.... :confused:

for some reason, this just feels like axl teasing us. having bach say that the CD has a release date, and he knows it.....idk, the more and more i think about it, it seems as though dec 26 seems possible. think about it, the last tuesday, and suddenly, axl delivers. imagine the press they would get. GNR would be everywhere.

Funny, this is coming from the same magazine who got fans hopes up after saying that a Nov 21st release date was on schedule and to be on the lookout that day. So much for being a reliable magazine.

I would say that had more to do with Guns N' Roses being an unreliable band. Rolling Stone can only report what they've been told. They don't just pull release dates out of their ass, unlike some people we could mention.

And Sebastian Bach, as much as I genuinely like the guy, apparently doesn't know what a release date is. Let's fill him in, shall we?

A release date is a specific day upon which a product will be made available, set by a record company and shared with retailers and promoters, to facilitate their ordering of the product and to gauge demand/plan promotion by that specific date, and shared with fans so that they are aware of when the item will be available for purchase.

The record company doesn't know a release date - sorry, I've decided to believe Universal Music Canada, seen as unlike Axl & Merck, they don't have a history of lying to punters and screwing themselves over.

The fans don't know a release date, because we aren't worth that courtesy in the eyes of Axl and Merck.

My theory: Bach has been told to say this to quash the 'there's no release date in the near future, it'll be next summer or fall' speculation, and to keep people coming to the shows. Not that I'm suggesting that Bach would just do anything Axl told him to. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Oh sorry, I think I just pissed my pants.

I hope there isn't a release date.

Why?

Because if there is, that means that not only are Axl/Merck (I won't say GNR because we all know that the other great guys in the band have no say in such things) so unfeeling towards their fans that they would lie to us about a 2006 release, and then not have the balls to tell us in December that it isn't coming in 2006, therefore leaving us speculating and creating deeper and deeper eventual disappointment with each passing day...not only that...but they disrespect us so much that they would lie to us, not clarify things in December, after months of anticipation, and actually know with certainty when the CD was coming, and not share it with those very fans who have supported this band through the fucking shitty wilderness years and welcomed them with open arms in 2006. But we'll tell Bach. And he'll tell you that HE knows. But you don't. What's that Nelson?

Har-Har!

And if the above scenario isn't true, then in what sense do they have a release date? A vague guess at when they HOPE it will be available? Fuck that, we've seen a million come and go. If they had a release date - I mean a real one - we would know, HMV would know, the BBC would know...Surprise release, my aching ass. There's no such fucking thing.

We're just being baited again. Don't fall for this crap. The key phrase is 'If you want to hear Chinese Democracy, go to the shows'. Yeah, right. It's promo for the tour, and nothing more.

This really is becoming funny.

Ten years from now we're all going to laugh so hard at this string of events over the past year. It won't seem as depressing as it does right now.

Hopefully by that time we'll have the album, too. :rofl-lol:

haha i agree.

But the thing is, I dont know why you people are going on such a rant over this. Seriously. Axl has something planned if he is mentioning the album in concert, and he obviously has something planned if he is touring north America. Especially if Sabastien Bach is claiming all this shit. Im pretty sure that after this tour Axl will release the album. it only makes sense. im pretty sure he's going off the mind set of "Well, lets tour, get them hiped up, then lets release the album." know what im saying?

This really is becoming funny.

Ten years from now we're all going to laugh so hard at this string of events over the past year. It won't seem as depressing as it does right now.

Hopefully by that time we'll have the album, too. :rofl-lol:

haha i agree.

But the thing is, I dont know why you people are going on such a rant over this. Seriously. Axl has something planned if he is mentioning the album in concert, and he obviously has something planned if he is touring north America. Especially if Sabastien Bach is claiming all this shit. Im pretty sure that after this tour Axl will release the album. it only makes sense. im pretty sure he's going off the mind set of "Well, lets tour, get them hiped up, then lets release the album." know what im saying?

4 little numbers, bud. 2002. US tour, album mentioned...no album.

And back then he showed the album cover at one point. So mentioning the album at a show doesn't mean a damn thing.