In Utero vs. "The Spaghetti Incident"

Vincent Vega

In Utero vs. TSI?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey

I bet some of you will be like, "WTF, TSI was a cover album, In Utero is original" Laying aside the fact that ''Spaghetti'' was a cover album, which album was better in terms of music, themes, lyrics etc? Remember that in the Rolling Stones case, their first few albums were cover albums and yet they launched their career. And that with a lot of the songs on TSI?, GN'R made a lot of those songs their own especially if you hear how the originals sounded. "The Spaghetti Incident?" came out in November 1993 and turned out to be the last album by the original Guns N' Roses. ''In Utero'' was released in September 1993 and turned out to be the last album by Nirvana.

Hey

I bet some of you will be like, "WTF, TSI was a cover album, In Utero is original" Laying aside the fact that ''Spaghetti'' was a cover album, which album was better in terms of music, themes, lyrics etc? Remember that in the Rolling Stones case, their first few albums were cover albums and yet they launched their career. And that with a lot of the songs on TSI?, GN'R made a lot of those songs their own especially if you hear how the originals sounded. "The Spaghetti Incident?" came out in November 1993 and turned out to be the last album by the original Guns N' Roses. ''In Utero'' was released in September 1993 and turned out to be the last album by Nirvana.

TSI? is one of the most underrated albums of all-time, and the Guns definitely made those songs their own. They took nihilism from The Stooges and punk from the New York Dolls and stayed true to the originals while creating a really straightforward rock n' roll sound - it was a return to the grit of AFD and sadly not many people seemed to like it.

I really dig it.

In Utero is good, too. But I'm not a huge Nirvana fan.

TSI? is one of the most underrated albums of all-time, and the Guns definitely made those songs their own. They took nihilism from The Stooges and punk from the New York Dolls and stayed true to the originals while creating a really straightforward rock n' roll sound - it was a return to the grit of AFD and sadly not many people seemed to like it.

I really dig it.

In Utero is good, too. But I'm not a huge Nirvana fan.

I honestly can call TSI? a Guns N' Roses album--they literally made the songs their own. Regardless of who wrote the songs, it's still their songs since many of them are totally different from the originals. And besides, for example, many of Elvis' songs were written by other people--but people still consider them Elvis songs. Quite a few Zeppelin songs were other people's music but I imagine when most people listen to say, "Nobody's Fault but Mine" they think they're listening to a Zeppelin song.

Have a good listen to In Utero you'll find out its basically a cover album as well. They took a bunch of songs from Nevermind changed the lyrics and slightly altered the arrangement, biggest bunch of bullshit ever.

And yes Spaghetti is a fantastic album I've been listening to it more and more recently. Wished they'd toured it like Slash wanted to. It's only let down for me are The last two tracks.

Guest knerken
theres some funny ass questions bein asked around here lately :lol:

Yeah, I know.. Why is everyone having polls where they compare bands, albums, and songs which have almost no similarity at all?

But anyway, TSI wins. It's close, but TSI is better.

Edited by knerken

In Utero was a 100 fucking times better than TSI. There are some great original songs on there, they are much better than the covers on TSI, and they are fucking original. I dont see what the debate is here. on any other site thank a GNR forum, people would laugh at you for choosing TSI.

Nirvana's best album is obviously better than GNR's worst one.

In Utero is not Nirvana's best album (Bleach is) and TSI? is not GN'R worst one (UYI II is).

Having that said, I prefer TSI? because it's really adrenaline pumping and the calibre of the songs is enormous. They might be covers, but they are damn good ones. I am a Nirvana fan, but I don't really like In Utero. There's something missing in it that was present in the previous records.