Axl needs to pick GNR's next manager VERY CAREFULLY

OTHAFA

First of all it's got to be someone with a good reputation in the music industry, something Merck didn't have. Someone with a history of success.

Most importantly, if the album is really coming out in March, it's got to be someone who knows how to promote and knows how to do some serious damage control. The public perception of Axl coming into all this was in the shitter already, and by being the tool that he is, all Merck did was make that ten times worse.

If the album is coming out, then these next few months will be the most important months maybe in Axl's career. I hope he doesn't rush into the selection of the manager, because it could really make or break what could be a historic year for him.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally, OTHAFA. For once in his career he's taking a step forward - a serious step forward - and this is the perfect time for him to hire someone who can actually HANDLE negative press, unlike Merck who seemed to only help enhance it by remaining vague and deliberately obtuse about what was going on within the band.

Axl needs someone who can spin stuff like no other and who can provide resolution to GN'R once and for all to the masses unfamiliar with everything going on with the band.

Most people are still under the influence that Axl has postponed the album continuously over the past six years, which isn't true. Actually, this is the first time he's actually postponed it, because he's never given a firm year/date before.

Axl: If, by any chance of God's good grace you happen to read this (and I know you won't), please hire someone reputable in the industry! Someone who can make us proud to be Guns fans again. It's been too long, man! rock3

Well, with things being on a supposed tight schedule for CD release, they will need to get someone in place very fast. Not having a manager at a time when they are working on negotions, and release details is something that will hold the process up. If Axl was smart he already has someone lined up to make this a seemless change, if not then it will be another good excuse to give the fans if CD doesn't show in March.

It NEEDS to be someone Axl both trusts and respects maybe he should give the job to Izzy. I know he doesn't have experience, but in the end it being someone that will/can really talk/work with Axl is going to be just as important if not more so then how well known they are in the industry.IMO What other bands is he close too? There are some hip hop or R&B group or some rapper right so would their manager work for a Rock group? I am really not sure how much cross over there is industry wise.