The Tentative Release Date of March 6th

Allen8R

Tentative is just his way of making sure we understand shit can still happen. What if terrorists attack the studio and all material is lost. No one can say anything is FOR SURE. This is as good as we can expect from the GnR camp, and I for one am thrilled!!! :xmasssanta:

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rock1 fucking rock on shame about 2006 though

Don't forget that alot of good things happened this year. The leaks, the Hammerstein shows, a successful European tour, and the US tour. This is more than anyone could of dreamed of 1 year ago. Lets at least give props to Axl and GNR for that. I'm still not over the fact that we won't have CD this year, but I'm trying to stay positive.

2007 is the year of Guns N' Rose! :laugh:

• 1 month later...

It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

Dunno about you people, but I'm starting to get worried about this year. I know it's only January but this silence is just creepy. Sure, you can argue that we had a press release from Axl and all, but then again, back in 2004 we had a press release from Axl stating that the release date would be announced in the next few months, and then we didn't hear from him for two more years. I worry that this tour was truly just a cash grab to finance further recording of the album and that we'll hear from Axl in '08 stating that another tour is coming soon and the cycle will begin again.

Edited by jack99

Dunno about you people, but I'm starting to get worried about this year. I know it's only January but this silence is just creepy. Sure, you can argue that we had a press release from Axl and all, but then again, back in 2004 we had a press release from Axl stating that the release date would be announced in the next few months, and then we didn't hear from him for two more years. I worry that this tour was truly just a cash grab to finance further recording of the album and that we'll hear from Axl in '08 stating that another tour is coming soon and the cycle will begin again.

My thoughts exactly. :)

stfu bra. get used to it son.

I wish i could offer an arguement with the fact that only the finishing touches need to be done, but then those finishing touches have seemed to have taken years to be completed.

You could argue with every week that pases we are that bit closer to get the finished product, but then that applied many years ago too.

here's an extract of a statement from Axl back in 2002

“There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ‘okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We’ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready."

It seemed so close then, like it does now but who knows for sure whether we are in for another quiet period regarding the "Chinese Democracy" album. Unfortunetly only (more) time will tell.

One thing I know for a fact is that the fanatical Axlites will jump all over my back and label me as a hater and ''not a true fan.'' True fans are the ones who buy the albums and pay for concert tickets; I can proudly say I am one of those. Fanatics, on the other hand, are those that will radically support and/or worship an artist to the extreme, where in their eyes, the artist can do no wrong.

I'm an Axlite by the fact that I view this band as Guns N' Roses but that doesn't mean that I will support every move he makes, no matter how stupid, half-assed or just plain ridiculous. If we hear no word at all by about April,and I mean zero word from Axl or about any dates, I'd say we could check off this year.

Surely Axl cant go on tour yet again with-out an album, even he must know this..or people are going to start complaining ,tacking less intrest and most of all laugh at this band..what we got so far from C.D is leaks and live songs that were new

after that, now..what do we get? an album? new leaks (LOL) a tour with more NEW songs ?

we all want the album.. I think it's time for CD aswell doing anything else would be a silly move.

I have faith in axl.

Edited by Spark the determination

you are so wrong, give Axl the benefit of the doubt will you, if March comes and goes i'll eat my words, but this album Is coming very very soon. Iknow weve been let down in the past but i truely believe that Axl is not making this March the 6th thing up. Chinese Democracy will be in our hands in just a few weeks time and i for one am so excited about that....

One thing I know for a fact is that the fanatical Axlites will jump all over my back and label me as a hater and ''not a true fan.'' True fans are the ones who buy the albums and pay for concert tickets; I can proudly say I am one of those. Fanatics, on the other hand, are those that will radically support and/or worship an artist to the extreme, where in their eyes, the artist can do no wrong.

I'm an Axlite by the fact that I view this band as Guns N' Roses but that doesn't mean that I will support every move he makes, no matter how stupid, half-assed or just plain ridiculous. If we hear no word at all by about April,and I mean zero word from Axl or about any dates, I'd say we could check off this year.

See that Axlite expression kinda bug me

I think that anyone should be able to think what they want as long as it's made with respect.

This March 6th date is a load of shit. Axl had not even handed the record over to Universal when he made that statement. It's the record company who sets the release date, not Axl! Axl's next PR statement will say that he's handed the record over, he's extremely sorry, but the record company doesn't want to release it till summer, and it's out of his hands.

you are so wrong, give Axl the benefit of the doubt will you, if March comes and goes i'll eat my words, but this album Is coming very very soon. Iknow weve been let down in the past but i truely believe that Axl is not making this March the 6th thing up. Chinese Democracy will be in our hands in just a few weeks time and i for one am so excited about that....

No one owes Axl the benefit of the doubt. He's the one who keeps making up bullshit over and over that only leads to disappointment for the fans. I will believe nothing he (or the record company) says until I have the damn album in my hands.

This March 6th date is a load of shit. Axl had not even handed the record over to Universal when he made that statement. It's the record company who sets the release date, not Axl! Axl's next PR statement will say that he's handed the record over, he's extremely sorry, but the record company doesn't want to release it till summer, and it's out of his hands.

I love it how we have all these people who know exactly who does what, and who agrees to what. You know, I was thinking that maybe the Axl and the record company had agreed a conditional date for release, but thank god for those in the know like yourself who know exactly what has been agreed by which parties, and are fully informed of every aspect of the release. Say hello to Axl from the fans next time you talk to him.

I saw GNR this summer. So I'm happy I could finance further recordings.

stfu bra. get used to it son.

Shouldn't you be on the G-Unit forums?

Dizzy's latest tour was the first sign that GNR will be doing nothing in Feb, which doesn't necessarily rule out a March album release and supporting tour.

However, the minute Tommy announces a few gigs with Soul Asylum in March, or Richard goes on tour with some 80's band in April - then we'll know for sure we're in trouble.

We've learned one certainity over the years --Other than Robin and Pittman, this band can't sit idle for long while Axl tinkers with the album. When it's clear to them that Axl is again going back into hiding, they'll start doing their own thing.

No, axl said hopefully they would announce a release date it the next few months. Please learn to read.