The Tentative Release Date of March 6th

Allen8R

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This March 6th date is a load of shit. Axl had not even handed the record over to Universal when he made that statement. It's the record company who sets the release date, not Axl! Axl's next PR statement will say that he's handed the record over, he's extremely sorry, but the record company doesn't want to release it till summer, and it's out of his hands.

I love it how we have all these people who know exactly who does what, and who agrees to what. You know, I was thinking that maybe the Axl and the record company had agreed a conditional date for release, but thank god for those in the know like yourself who know exactly what has been agreed by which parties, and are fully informed of every aspect of the release. Say hello to Axl from the fans next time you talk to him.

I have faith that Axl will vindicate me.

I'm worried too..hate to say it.

...i'm unfortunatley drifting into a dreaded "I'm getting bored with my favorite band" stage :( .

i hate it when i ge to that stage

i was a week into it then the open letter came out..then i got interested again

but now its happening agian

o no save me save me

One thing I know for a fact is that the fanatical Axlites will jump all over my back and label me as a hater and ''not a true fan.'' True fans are the ones who buy the albums and pay for concert tickets; I can proudly say I am one of those. Fanatics, on the other hand, are those that will radically support and/or worship an artist to the extreme, where in their eyes, the artist can do no wrong.

I'm an Axlite by the fact that I view this band as Guns N' Roses but that doesn't mean that I will support every move he makes, no matter how stupid, half-assed or just plain ridiculous. If we hear no word at all by about April,and I mean zero word from Axl or about any dates, I'd say we could check off this year.

Very good post man. I feel the same way....

One thing I know for a fact is that the fanatical Axlites will jump all over my back and label me as a hater and ''not a true fan.'' True fans are the ones who buy the albums and pay for concert tickets; I can proudly say I am one of those. Fanatics, on the other hand, are those that will radically support and/or worship an artist to the extreme, where in their eyes, the artist can do no wrong.

I'm an Axlite by the fact that I view this band as Guns N' Roses but that doesn't mean that I will support every move he makes, no matter how stupid, half-assed or just plain ridiculous. If we hear no word at all by about April,and I mean zero word from Axl or about any dates, I'd say we could check off this year.

nobody cares about you as a fan. We just want the album to come out. Everyone has thier ideas of why /what should be done. Noone has the trude definition of a fan. It is whaever you want it to be.

Anyone here who speaks with a degree of certainty is full of it. You cannot guarantee anything unless you are directly involved with the band.

As for the album coming out sooner rather than later, I would like to believe in Axl this time. Mainly due to the fact that this band is done if he fails to deliver the album by the end of the year (maybe even by the summer). Having seent this band 10 times in the last four years, this band has given me a lot of good times. That said, I think that is enough until something new happens.

Assume the band goes back on tour without the album out yet again, are many of you going to go again? (assuming you went in 2006). I might go to my local concert, but in terms of traveling any great distances, it is out of the question. 2006 I traveled to New York, Paris, Ottawa and Quebec City, plus the local Toronto show. Unless they drastically change the setlist and release an album, I am content to just see one show.

In the end, why should anyone care about a band that continually over promises and under produces. That does not take anything away from what this band and Axl has done before, but going forward, my interest will eventually fade if something is not done soon. I think that Axl must have some understanding that this is where his stands with a lot of his fans. He cannot continually push this thing off if he expects all of us to follow. Patience can only last so long before it becomes futile.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

I said this before, were not going to get any statement from axl, He said what he had to say, not either the album comes out on March 6 or it don't. If we don't get a single within the next two weeks, the date will pass without any album, or news of it from Mr. Rose.

This March 6th date is a load of shit. Axl had not even handed the record over to Universal when he made that statement. It's the record company who sets the release date, not Axl! Axl's next PR statement will say that he's handed the record over, he's extremely sorry, but the record company doesn't want to release it till summer, and it's out of his hands.

I love it how we have all these people who know exactly who does what, and who agrees to what. You know, I was thinking that maybe the Axl and the record company had agreed a conditional date for release, but thank god for those in the know like yourself who know exactly what has been agreed by which parties, and are fully informed of every aspect of the release. Say hello to Axl from the fans next time you talk to him.

I have faith that Axl will vindicate me.

Axl? Vindication?? :rofl-lol:

thanks, i needed a laugh today

I can see a release in March, although March 6th is beginning to look increasingly unlikely as the album would have had to be handed in by now. However, because we have not yet heard about that does not mean that it isn't handed in - Axl seemed to suggest that the main bulk of time would be taken up via contract negotiations and a plan for release and single/video plans.

So we're in a situation here - either the album has been handed in and contract negotiations are going on, or Axl is working at the album and for every day he continues that, that's one less day for Democracy to arrive. It's only just over a week past January 9th (eight weeks prior to March 6th, which according to Axl is the time required to release the album), so it isn't exactly time to worry yet. If it's nearing the end of January and we still have no word, then it's going to look less likely.

However, IT IS NOT GOOD NEWS TO HEAR NOTHING FROM THE GNR CAMP! AXL SAID THAT WE WOULD BE NOTIFIED IF THERE WAS A DELAY BUT WOULD ALSO BE NOTIFIED ONCE IT WAS FINALISED AND OFFICIAL!

Edited by ags_rule

Anyone here who speaks with a degree of certainty is full of it. You cannot guarantee anything unless you are directly involved with the band.

As for the album coming out sooner rather than later, I would like to believe in Axl this time. Mainly due to the fact that this band is done if he fails to deliver the album by the end of the year (maybe even by the summer). Having seent this band 10 times in the last four years, this band has given me a lot of good times. That said, I think that is enough until something new happens.

Assume the band goes back on tour without the album out yet again, are many of you going to go again? (assuming you went in 2006). I might go to my local concert, but in terms of traveling any great distances, it is out of the question. 2006 I traveled to New York, Paris, Ottawa and Quebec City, plus the local Toronto show. Unless they drastically change the setlist and release an album, I am content to just see one show.

In the end, why should anyone care about a band that continually over promises and under produces. That does not take anything away from what this band and Axl has done before, but going forward, my interest will eventually fade if something is not done soon. I think that Axl must have some understanding that this is where his stands with a lot of his fans. He cannot continually push this thing off if he expects all of us to follow. Patience can only last so long before it becomes futile.

Cheers,

Andrew

you have my vote!

I can see a release in March, although March 6th is beginning to look increasingly unlikely as the album would have had to be handed in by now. However, because we have not yet heard about that does not mean that it isn't handed in - Axl seemed to suggest that the main bulk of time would be taken up via contract negotiations and a plan for release and single/video plans.

So we're in a situation here - either the album has been handed in and contract negotiations are going on, or Axl is working at the album and for every day he continues that, that's one less day for Democracy to arrive. It's only just over a week past January 9th (eight weeks prior to March 6th, which according to Axl is the time required to release the album), so it isn't exactly time to worry yet. If it's nearing the end of January and we still have no word, then it's going to look less likely.

However, IT IS NOT GOOD NEWS TO HEAR NOTHING FROM THE GNR CAMP! AXL SAID THAT WE WOULD BE NOTIFIED IF THERE WAS A DELAY BUT WOULD ALSO BE NOTIFIED ONCE IT WAS FINALISED AND OFFICIAL!

Good post....I'm going to infer here that we would potentially hear of a delay ONLY in the event that such a delay would be more than, say, a month or 2 after the March 6th target. That being said, considering the fact that Axl said we'd also know when everything was finalized, we should get word one way or the other by the end of Jan./beginning of Feb.

Dunno about you people, but I'm starting to get worried about this year. I know it's only January but this silence is just creepy. Sure, you can argue that we had a press release from Axl and all, but then again, back in 2004 we had a press release from Axl stating that the release date would be announced in the next few months, and then we didn't hear from him for two more years. I worry that this tour was truly just a cash grab to finance further recording of the album and that we'll hear from Axl in '08 stating that another tour is coming soon and the cycle will begin again.

True. 3 moths(+10 years) is enough to prepare the album. So where the fuck is promotion? What the fuck means 'tentative date'? What the fuck? This certainly is not good. For me its 40 to 60 that CD will come out on 6th and the probability is decreasing each day..

Man, not another thread about someone being 'worried'.

I mean its not like people have had their doubts over the last 10 years is it? :P

Axl has given you a statement saying March 6th is provisional, and you're still worrying, just because he hasn't updatewd us. This is the problem with fan boards, just because they don't get any re-assurance for a week or 2 they all go mental.

Just see what happens guys, relax.

Its just another album at the end of the day.

second that

stop it, He would tell us if something went wrong, has he told us anything, NO!. that's a good thing, and that he's been working on the record is also good news. so everything is in place.

let's wait till February then we will hear something trust me

NO IT ISN'T! He also said he would tell us when everything was finalised and official - has he? NO! Granted, it's a little too early to be worrying about that, but there's no point in saying that this is 2006 repeated and that we won't know if CD is coming or not until March 6th arrives. We have assurances from Axl this time either way.