An open Letter from Axl Rose

dobadog

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all I wanted, explanation finally. Can't wait til March now, my birthday month.

I'm not even gonna try and understand what has been going on behind the scenes. It seems like it is a hard situation for everyone and everyone is doing what is in their own best interest. I really can't find anyone to blame, seems like they all share it..........we're the innocent victims :)

Here is what makes absolutely no sense to me:

They, for whatever reason, made touring the priority over the release of the album - which is absolutely fucking stupid

Should have polished off the album - released it - and then fucking toured - then we would'nt have all of these cancellations and excuses blaming an album that should have been released beforehand

WHY DID YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!

Here is what makes absolutely no sense to me:

They, for whatever reason, made touring the priority over the release of the album - which is absolutely fucking stupid

Should have polished off the album - released it - and then fucking toured - then we would'nt have all of these cancellations and excuses blaming an album that should have been released beforehand

WHY DID YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!

well according to this it was because of merk.

We'll see if it comes out 2007 <_<

im thankful we were givin an explanation instead of just waitin like little ducks for whenver something was coming out

Remember the truth always comes out -then we'll really know who was at fault

(not like i dnt believe Ax- u never know)

well... funny that just about 15 minutes ago, me and my friends were talking about Guns N' Roses and I asked: so, who here thinks that Chinese Democracy will be releashed this year? nobody answered me and looked a little like *don't get your hopes up*-ish and I said, HAH just wait and see guys, just wait and see...

p.s. sorry to all those people that I have called a jerk-ass-mother-fuckers for not believing in '06, but that was the release date... Dec. 26

When I read Axl´s letter I could only think in one thing: THESE NEXT SHOWS WILL BE AWESOME!

The reason is... if Axl gave us a ´´tentative`` release date of March, we MUST hear some new music in the next shows.

Maybe we will not hear anything (you know... it´s Guns N Roses)... but I´m very positive about that.

Now discussing Axl and Merck relationship and eventually break up. You know... we shouldn´t especulate and point the ´´good guy`` and the ´´bad guy``. This record has become bigger than Axl could imagine, and when you read that letter you can realize that Axl is fighting with his all forces to finish this album and be free of this weight in his back.

Now... analizing Merck´s letter, you can see HOW BIG WILL CHINESE DEMOCRACY BE!!! Merck´s confidence in it is just amazing, the words tha he used... you know... when I was about to read that letter I said to myself...´´man, he will toss a big steak to the Axl´s haters```... but I was trully satisfied with the letter content... the reasons are:

1) He pointed out the chances that Axl had to finish the album... ´´but the muse didn´t appear``... but HE ALSO POINTED OUT THAT AXL IS A ARTIST, AND YOU CANT PREDICT NOR SAY WHEN A ARTIST WILL/MUST CREATE!!!!!!

2) He acted class!!!

3) He said what is obvious... CHINESE DEMOCRACY WILL BE A HELL OF A RECORD!!!!!!!!

Peace gunners!!!!!!!!

That's all I needed to hear.

Who knows what March will bring? As much as I would love it, I'd be a little naive to think the album will show up sometime around then. Or at all. But so long as we're not being left in the dark, I'm willing to hang in there to see what happens.

If the album came out in the next week or two, it would have been released just for the sake of getting it out. Then it would have fell flat on it's face and then game over for GN'R V2.0. If they are going to release an album like this, with the circumstances that are surrounding it, they need to do it right or not at all. It's that simple. It's nice to know that Axl seems to understand that.

AMEN

truth and honestly at lasst. For the first time i feel there really is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is March 6 or there abouts. Thank you Axl for this letter which i truely respect you for writing. And now mercks gone maybe they can get some proffesional management, proper advertising and sort out those minor things that need to be sorted, and then roll on Chinese Democracy. Yeeeeeah!!!!! My god i actually feel really excited about this like we have got something real to focus on for the first time!!!!!!!!!

I assure you your'e going to get a professional manager, axl, I'm applying for the job. all will be handled.

Edited by Mikejones

I want to remind everyone to respect Forum rules when making comments about both Axl and Merck (and anyone else for that matter).

It's ok to discuss, have different points of view, be mad, be glad, etc. But there's a big difference in comminucating disagreement or insatisfaction and bashing.

All Forum rules are important, I would like to outline these two:

1) Be polite and respect other members and point of views, harassment will not tolerated

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR, VR, MEMBERS, EX-MEMBERS, or their MANAGEMENT

Thank you,

This is great! :)

At last a true release date, and adressing the fans "face-to-face". This is exactly what we've been waiting for all this time. By the way, even Axl made fun of the 13 Tuesdays™ :chef:

Thank you Axl :xmasschef2:

...and ciao M&M's :kiss:

LOL, the fact that Axl made fun of this comment and that Merck included an apology for it makes me think that Merck took alot of shit for saying that.

Give em hell Axl!!!!!

After reading all of what has transpired today I have come to some conclusions. The first being, that if Axl just opened up and talked to the media then there likely wouldn't have been such a fuss about the album being delayed. I feel better than ever about the chance of it being released because he finally spoke to the fans about the many issue's surrounding the band.

Also, he finally got rid of the dead weight that is Merck Mercedius. Merck has been detrimental to this band in my opinion for a lot of years. Obviously it must be hard to manage a band like this considering all of what has happened over the years, but I still fail to see why booking 70 concerts around the world, hiding information from everyone, and claiming that it would be out on one of the 13 Tuesdays needed to be done. To put it simply, everyone involved should've just focused on the albums completion instead of the pressures of trying to complete it while on the road. It should have been complete and ready to distribute before the New York City shows were even announced.

I just have to say now, that I'm extatic that Axl himself finally cleared everything up. He was the only one who could do it, and he should have done it ages ago, but I'm still happy and almost proud that finally did it. I know GNR fans, especially those of us who check these forums, have been demanding over the years, and it likely has made Axl skeptical of the fans and giving them anything at all. But when it comes down too it, we've been supporting GNR for over 10 years with no album, and with a constant stream of deceipt and dissapointment, whether Axl initiated it or not. WE DESERVE TO BE INFORMED.

In conclusion, thank you to Axl for doing the right thing...eventually. Merck is out, who cares who is in...as long as Merck is out. I said many times that I will only wait until the end of this year to hold the GNR faith, obviously now things have changed. So I will hold out a little longer as a fan, and longtime "promoter" of the band, as long as Axl sticks to his word and releases it in or around March. Maybe things are finally headed in the right direction for GNR, let's hope!

Edited by goldfinger19

I don't think Axl wrote that letter but I believe it to be true. The English is way too classy for Axl. Compare the standard to that letter that appeared when Buckethead left. this is like a prime ministers speach.

he didnt write it but bits of it he probably did