An open Letter from Axl Rose

dobadog

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to remind everyone to respect Forum rules when making comments about both Axl and Merck (and anyone else for that matter).

It's ok to discuss, have different points of view, be mad, be glad, etc. But there's a big difference in comminucating disagreement or insatisfaction and bashing.

All Forum rules are important, I would like to outline these two:

1) Be polite and respect other members and point of views, harassment will not tolerated

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR, VR, MEMBERS, EX-MEMBERS, or their MANAGEMENT

Thank you,

That's okay since Merck is ex-management :P

I don't think Axl wrote that letter but I believe it to be true. The English is way too classy for Axl. Compare the standard to that letter that appeared when Buckethead left. this is like a prime ministers speach.

It could have used a few helpful commas here and there.

I would like to thank Axl for finally getting the word out. I know it may come as a shock to most that the album isn't out(LOL) but I am glad that through various management contacts, the fans finally got what most have been asking for, a statement detailing a plan or lack therof, and I applaud the managment and the band for finally listening and releaseing this statement. I would also like to thank Merck for his love of the band and the fans in general, most will disagree but for us that know him, we know the truth...

Thanks to GN'R for sheding light on a dark subject

Gunguy

When I read Axl´s letter I could only think in one thing: THESE NEXT SHOWS WILL BE AWESOME!

The reason is... if Axl gave us a ´´tentative`` release date of March, we MUST hear some new music in the next shows.

Maybe we will not hear anything (you know... it´s Guns N Roses)... but I´m very positive about that.

Now discussing Axl and Merck relationship and eventually break up. You know... we shouldn´t especulate and point the ´´good guy`` and the ´´bad guy``. This record has become bigger than Axl could imagine, and when you read that letter you can realize that Axl is fighting with his all forces to finish this album and be free of this weight in his back.

Now... analizing Merck´s letter, you can see HOW BIG WILL CHINESE DEMOCRACY BE!!! Merck´s confidence in it is just amazing, the words tha he used... you know... when I was about to read that letter I said to myself...´´man, he will toss a big steak to the Axl´s haters```... but I was trully satisfied with the letter content... the reasons are:

1) He pointed out the chances that Axl had to finish the album... ´´but the muse didn´t appear``... but HE ALSO POINTED OUT THAT AXL IS A ARTIST, AND YOU CANT PREDICT NOR SAY WHEN A ARTIST WILL/MUST CREATE!!!!!!

2) He acted class!!!

3) He said what is obvious... CHINESE DEMOCRACY WILL BE A HELL OF A RECORD!!!!!!!!

Peace gunners!!!!!!!!

your worse than me when you hit the period button on your keyboard....(im just so damn addicted)

Thank you Axl. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just when i thought i was beginng to lose interest, this happens. Cant wait til march 6. Im just so happy to get some info, so excited, i seriously dunno what the hell its gona feel like to actually walk into a record store and buy this album.

This is gonna do wonders for the mood of the place. The planets have aligned, we finally have something to go by and from the horses mouth, to say... rock3

PS. The one fucking day I dont chech the forum...:(

Edited by mr.b

WEll, as a ticket holder for the Reno show, I was irate when I read this.

But then I got my tickets to fly down to Universal City on the 20th, and I'm not so mad anymore.

But on to the letter...

I'm stoked, but cautious. This is a HUGE step for Axl--an actual date!--but like...at the same time, I hate to say it but...

It's Axl. The man a genius, but part of the problems of creative genius is that you can't really control it. So if its not ready by January...will it drop in March? Or will he retreat again?

But all in all, despite my horrendous initial disappointment when I thought I wasn't going to get to see GnR and Baz, the letter itself was pretty cool. I'm really excited for March, but I just remember the build-ups and letdowns...I want to believe so badly that is it, but I refuse to get my hopes up that high. When I hear that the album has been sent to the label--that's when you guys will see my ecstatically through the fucking roof.

~Bryan

Well, I've read both Axl and Merck's letters. I think the truth probably falls somewhere in the middle. I'm glad Merck is out, but I still won't believe Chinese Democracy is coming out until an actual official release date is set, and even then probably still won't believe it until i have the cd in my grubby lil hands.

I guess this spring we'll find out who's letter had more truth element to it.

I remember joining this forum in 2003 when Madison was one of the few people around any of the major forums who would stick up for Axl when few were having anything positive to say about him.

Yet despite this loyalty madison was allegedly shunned at a backstage/after party - oh how the forum retards laughed with joy. Merck then gave his "13 Tuesdays" statement and told the world that Jarmo and HTGTH was their "direct and best contact"(no problem, I like Jarmo and htgth) - Madison/mygnr was shunned again (imo)..

How irnonic then is it, that in fact Mercks own statement has ben removed from his 'main contact site' and the only other major GNR forum therefore for Merck to respond through is ??? NO, SURELY NOT!? **insert the biggest rollyeyes smilie ever seen**

Bet that humble pie tastes just GREAT Merck!

Good point.