An Open Letter From Merck

madison

the new Guns N' Roses (which kicks the shit out of the old)

FUCK YEA!! Well he did say something right!

Look, not to beat a dead horse, BUT HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE SAY THIS? What are you a fan of then? The 3-4 leaked songs in demo version? The same new songs played live? That is what you are a fan of? Jesus Fucking Christ...People need to get a grip...The sky is the limit for Axl and the new lineup...But, for the time being, its ONLY POTENTIAL GREATNESS...So please save everyone a bit of agony and dont make such silly comments...The old band is, currently, the only reason anyone can legitimately give a fuck about this band...Now, after CD is released, it will be a different story....But for the time being, PLEASE...just...stop...

Merck,

If you read this, I want you to know that I appreciate you writing an open letter to the fans about everything that has been going on behind the scenes. Thank you for your honesty and I am grateful to both you and Axl that y'all have finally opened up about everything. Most of us have been on edge with anxiety wondering if it was coming. We now have some kind of reprieve from all that since we know it's not coming for at least 3 or 4 months.

Thanks again.

P.S: Good luck with your future business interests.

HTGTH is just fucking retarded...Merck's letter has just as much merit as does Axl's, yet they treat it as if it were some form of cancer!

Fuck those assholes!

On the other hand, what about the tour starting in Dubai?? i recall hearing that a while back and it made no sense then or now, who the hell would go to that show?!

On the other hand, what about the tour starting in Dubai?? i recall hearing that a while back and it made no sense then or now, who the hell would go to that show?!

i know. what's the next stop? Baghdad?

Weird because I thought as I remembered that rumor had been debunked by Merck himself.

Oh well, not sure what to believe anymore.

Either way, thanks for having this letter here, it's important to have everyone's view to form an accurate opinion of what went on.

This is bad guys. I am one of the biggest Guns supporters and have been for the past 16 years but we have to look at reality here. This is another tour that was not finished. More lies and false hopes. The same as 2002. Now, don't get me wrong, the band finished WAY more shows without problems this tour but the end result is that the plug was pulled yet again. Does anyone else see a problem here that Axl no longer has a manager? If it took Merck 5 years to get Axl to this point where he was actually touring, and now that he's gone how long do you think it's going to take for Axl to find another manager let alone get up the nerve to start touring again? The album is not finished. It hasen't been finished for almost 14 years. I love Axl guys but I'm getting kind of tired of this. I have spent over three THOUSAND dollars on this tour alone just to travel and to see Axl play. I've missed work, I've missed final exams and I even missed the funeral of my best friend's grandpa. All I was hoping for was for the man to say SOMETHING about the release of the album, but he kept quiet. He even joked about the album on a few occasions. This is NOT something you do when you are in front of your LOYAL GnR fans, no matter if they are only five thousand in an arena that holds twenty. Those people came to see Axl and support Axl no matter what; the diehard fans; and all he can do is jerk us around some more? I'm starting to get the feeling that all he cares about is himself. Yes, he wants the album to speak for itself and yes he's trying to make a masterpiece but in the end after you jerk everyone around for year and the album finally drops, it's going to take even more to get the people interested again. It's like the boy who cried wolf one too many times. I still support the Man and the band but I am very skeptical as to where this leaves us Only time will tell, but I'm in no way sitting here hoping that March is the month. This is just my 2 cents guys and I am in no way trying to bash Axl and co. as guys like Kaneda do. I'm just frustrated as we all are.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

Look, not to beat a dead horse, BUT HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE SAY THIS? What are you a fan of then?

Have you heard of OPINIONS before.....they're like assholes...even you have one! :lol:

that's all it is son.

HTGTH is just fucking retarded...Merck's letter has just as much merit as does Axl's, yet they treat it as if it were some form of cancer!

Fuck those assholes!

Please - everybody - stop bashing other sites.

If you have questions or concerns about another site, then ask those questions at the other site. If you don't like another site, then don't visit it. But don't come here to bash it.

Respect the rules of whichever forum you're posting on.

This is bad guys. I am one of the biggest Guns supporters and have been for the past 16 years but we have to look at reality here. This is another tour that was not finished. More lies and false hopes. The same as 2002. Now, don't get me wrong, the band finished WAY more shows without problems this tour but the end result is that the plug was pulled yet again. Does anyone else see a problem here that Axl no longer has a manager? If it took Merck 5 years to get Axl to this point where he was actually touring, and now that he's gone how long do you think it's going to take for Axl to find another manager let alone get up the nerve to start touring again? The album is not finished. It hasen't been finished for almost 14 years. I love Axl guys but I'm getting kind of tired of this. I have spent over three THOUSAND dollars on this tour alone just to travel and to see Axl play. I've missed work, I've missed final exams and I even missed the funeral of my best friend's grandpa. All I was hoping for was for the man to say SOMETHING about the release of the album, but he kept quiet. He even joked about the album on a few occasions. This is NOT something you do when you are in front of your LOYAL GnR fans, no matter if they are only five thousand in an arena that holds twenty. Those people came to see Axl and support Axl no matter what; the diehard fans; and all he can do is jerk us around some more? I'm starting to get the feeling that all he cares about is himself. Yes, he wants the album to speak for itself and yes he's trying to make a masterpiece but in the end after you jerk everyone around for year and the album finally drops, it's going to take even more to get the people interested again. It's like the boy who cried wolf one too many times. I still support the Man and the band but I am very skeptical as to where this leaves us Only time will tell, but I'm in no way sitting here hoping that March is the month. This is just my 2 cents guys and I am in no way trying to bash Axl and co. as guys like Kaneda do. I'm just frustrated as we all are.

We're all frustrated. It comes with the teritory. We're GN'R fans. Everybody's on their feet because of an open letter. Because of an open letter. Just because Axl want's the album to speak for itself that doesn't make him a selfish prick. We've been waiting for a long time. Some of us for 14 years some of us less.

But we're still here. Loyal. As you call it. I've missed a lot of things too. Everybody has.

And when that motherfucking album comes out, it better be outta this fucking planet.

And you know it will be...

I think Axl prefers HTGTH because the site is updated daily and doesn't have a million adverts splattered on every page..

Well, Eric pays for the server, software and other monthly charges out of his own pocket. He doesn't have anybody footing the bill for him. The ads are there to help offset these high costs so that people like yourself - as ungrateful as you seem to be - can come here to talk about the band. So I think it's really lame of you to diss Eric for having a few ads on the site.

I think Axl prefers HTGTH because the site is updated daily and doesn't have a million adverts splattered on every page..

Well, Eric pays for the server, software and other monthly charges out of his own pocket. He doesn't have anybody footing the bill for him. The ads are there to help offset these high costs so that people like yourself - as ungrateful as you seem to be - can come here to talk about the band.

Yeah I really prefer this site. There's not really that many ads you know..

Look, not to beat a dead horse, BUT HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE SAY THIS? What are you a fan of then?

Have you heard of OPINIONS before.....they're like assholes...even you have one! :lol:

that's all it is son.

But what grounds do you have to say that?

What does the 'Nu Band' excell at that the Original Band doesn't?

Im not going to rip into HTGTH because, well they are fucking it up on their own, what i find odd is they are censoring something thats in the public arena, Axls letter is there for all to see, Mercks letter was sent from Merck.

Its power mad but its horses for courses i guess, thats why i post here.

I just don't see why they censor things in the public arena :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Velvet Revolver is finishing up their new record which shall be released in 2007 - this is confirmed by Matt Sorum himself, who I briefly spoke with at Spaceland on Sunday night.

Can we give Velvet Revolver a trophy or something for doing right by their fans?

So what?

I hate it when people ruin these kind of moments mentioning VR! <_<