Congratulations to Axl and Co.

jonah

I just want to congratulate the band, on A)doing a great tour (with only a few cancelled shows) and B)for finally giving us some news after 10 years about Chinese Democracy. I would like to thank Axl for finally giving the fans a portion of what they want to hear which is a release date, the second would be the album itself

There's a strange sense of relief that comes when you read offical statements from Axl and Merck...it's similar to the feeling of coming up for air when you are underwater...I think it's time we all take a break from Chinese Democracy, at least until we get the next official piece of news (the release date).

Doesn't the release date for this album feel like the location of El Dorado?

I think we are all drained of speculating and theorizing...

Here's some key take aways I will be thinking about during the break I will be taking:

1. Axl says this is "just an album", but he's made it into so much more and the pressure he feels is self inflicted.

2. Will more time create more delays? I always feel like Axl is constantly improving this album and more time off and he'll want to record a new song, or have Ron add all of his touches to the music...Axl is a man that misuses his time...

3. Axl should get the fans back with a single and fast.

4. Why does Matt13 let wild monkeys pound him in the ass?

5. Is Brain gone for good?

6. The 2006 tour was POINTLESS! Hate to say it, but we all got suckerpunched bad.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Kaneda

I don't think the tour was pointless. If you think of it in terms of a cash grab I suppose you could say that. But ultimately it helped the band back into the spotlight.

I almost agree with the rest of what you said (with the exception of insulting Matt which is just not necessary), which is really odd for me because I never do!

Edited by bandita

There's a strange sense of relief that comes when you read offical statements from Axl and Merck...it's similar to the feeling of coming up for air when you are underwater...I think it's time we all take a break from Chinese Democracy, at least until we get the next official piece of news (the release date).

Here's some key take aways I will be thinking about during the break I will be taking:

1. Axl says this is "just an album", but he's made it into so much more and the pressure he feels is self inflicted.

2. Will more time create more delays? I always feel like Axl is constantly improving this album and more time off and he'll want to record a new song, or have Ron add all of his touches to the music...Axl is a man that misuses his time...

6. The 2006 tour was POINTLESS! Hate to say it, but we all got suckerpunched bad.

Did I miss anything?

I knew it wouldn't be long before Kaneda chimed in. :xmasssanta:

Did I miss anything?

agreed, i swear after years of this i was truly getting sick thinking about it, now we can take that break and get back to the thing we have all wanted since about 1994! think about it, the OJ trail hadn't even started yet to put it in a time perspective!

Anyway, i have to agree about this 2006 tour, it was SO pointless in the whole scope of things, shouldn't have happened without the album being DONE and turned in as Merck stated. Or better said, never should have been announced till the fucker was in the can. Anyway, since it went off the way it did, it really left a lot of people like us wondering more than once "what the fuck are the promoting with this tour? Appetite?" What i really hope for is about 75% new songs on their NEXT tour, whenever/whereever that may be, Dubai as a starting point? LOL

Did I miss anything?

the tour wasnt pointless, I had a great time at the show i went to and i still enjoy watching the boots. thats a good enough reason for me, and the fact that they played 70 shows for people like me is the best reason to tour imo.

What i really hope for is about 75% new songs on their NEXT tour, whenever/whereever that may be, Dubai as a starting point? LOL

Hey dumbass, you can get degrees online these days.:rofl-lol:

As Eric (admin) says, please obey and respect the forum rules, even if you have no brain (like GNR's drum kit these days, LOL).

Link to the forum rules, such as rule #3.

I genuinely don't understand. They've let you down... again... and it's congratulations? :question: Wow Axl actually did something for the fans after giving them misleading press releases etc. "You will hear music this year." We have heard it live, but nothing else. There is the leaks, but those weren't allowed...

How's his treatment of them worthy of such loyalty from these fans?

I don't get it.

Edited by I'm Crazy

I don't think the tour was pointless. If you think of it in terms of a cash grab I suppose you could say that. But ultimately it helped the band back into the spotlight.

I almost agree with the rest of what you said (with the exception of insulting Matt which is just not necessary), which is really odd for me because I never do!

i agree with bandita. and on a personal level, i got to see my favorite band twice this year.

Edited by bass71player

I genuinely don't understand. They've let you down... again... and it's congratulations? :question: Wow Axl actually did something for the fans after giving them misleading press releases etc. "You will hear music this year." We have heard it live, but nothing else. There is the leaks, but those weren't allowed...

I don't get it.

Stfu.

I don't get it.

Stfu.

lol

I think there is somthing in what you are saying but, and thats a big one..

they didnt treat the fans like they allways did (like crap)

they actually thought that they should say something if there not gonna realse the CD as promised.

and that was good news, especially after all that time they kept quiet.

and theres a date, wich they determind and they said it wont just appear in storse, but there will be apromotion.. alot of promises, I sur hope they will make true.

I don't get it.

Stfu.

aaaaand another fan with axls dick in his mouth!

Did I miss anything?

the tour wasnt pointless, I had a great time at the show i went to and i still enjoy watching the boots. thats a good enough reason for me, and the fact that they played 70 shows for people like me is the best reason to tour imo.

yeh tthe tour was great, i finally got too see them cant wait till the next time rock2