Congratulations to Axl and Co.

jonah

6. The 2006 tour was POINTLESS! Hate to say it, but we all got suckerpunched bad.

Yes it was really pointless only thing it provided us was kick ass shows and the greatest rock band so yeah kinda pointless. :monkey:

Congrats for doing what every other band does? WTF?! :blink:

It's about damned time that they addressed the fans. I really like how we have been strung along this tour with the belief the album was coming(I was a skeptic though). Hope that they got some good cash out of it.

I'm willing to bet that when March comes, there will be another "unfortunate circumstance". <_<

Edited by bin laden killed gnr

6. The 2006 tour was POINTLESS! Hate to say it, but we all got suckerpunched bad.

Kaneda I understand some of your points, but the tour was not pointless to all. First, it raised awareness about GNR.

And more importantly to most: Alot of people who have never seen GNR live got to hear Axl sing the songs alot of us grew up with. I wouldnt have changed the setlist a bit. I would rather hear the songs I know and love than songs I have not yet heard of off CD. AFD songs are what got almost all of us into GNR and I persoally have been waitiny MANY years to hear Axl perform them live.

Kaneda, I think you would get a shot in the mouth for that comment in you were close enough for me to reach out and touch someone. If not be me, by one of my friends that went to the shows this year, or by one of the other countless thousands, YES I SAID THOUSANDS, that had one of the most memorable nights of their entire life this year.

Get a grip

WOW

i come home from school and i find on mygnr forum that axl and merk made press releases.....

what would have made the press releases a little tiny bit better would have been like a little 10 or 20 second clip of a song that is completly done...

think how much more awesome that would have been

WOW

i come home from school and i find on mygnr forum that axl and merk made press releases.....

what would have made the press releases a little tiny bit better would have been like a little 10 or 20 second clip of a song that is completly done...

think how much more awesome that would have been

you know, i would believe anything right now. within the last 24 hours, we had a large press release from both Merck and Axl, Merck in gone, the album may be out by march 6th, there was/is a video in the works, we can expect heavy promotion, and the store is finally up(although there isn't much there yet, the prices are cheaper than the shows!!!!!!). plus, tonight there is a show, and i wouldnt doubt that uncle axl is ready and willing to speak his mind/give something special.

the only bad thing, thanks to the cd not coming out this year, i have just lost 50 bucks. last time i will bet on GNR. fucking merck

Why is everyone so happy about this?

This is a MAJOR setback. :drevil:

Axl didn't find the motivation to completely finish the project and get it released this year. he then throws Merck under the bus and this is all a positive thing?

I don't follow.

I guess I have mixed feelings. Judging by those letters I think you might be right - that Merck is just the fall guy here. It seemed that Axl had more than enough time in summer/fall of 2006 and yet the work didn't get finished. But who knows where exactly the truth lies?

So there's that - but we've also got a (tentative) release date, and the promise to keep us in the loop if that changes. Plus assurances from Axl that he's pushing hard to get this done once and for all (the canceled shows are part of that push). We've gotten more openness from the Guns camp in the span of 24 hours than we've had in four years. It's hard for me to not be happy about that.

I'm prepared to give Axl the benefit of the doubt. He's sort of stuck his head out there this time, and I get the sense that the motivation to finally get this project off the ground will be there. If not then March is gonna be much like December has been around these parts.

Edited by KBear

Just having read the open letters, i think there should be noone hating against axl, merck or the band. What they have just revealed to us, is information that we asked for, that is not normal for a band to give out. We have been given 'sort of a solid deadline for CD, and its alot more believable than that whole 13 more tuesdays crap, especially now we know that the band and management are being truthful.

SO i for one show my respect to Axl and Merck, for the statements. They have cleared alot of things up,and their honesty means alot :) pity CD aint out by now, but it seems as if that couldnt be helped.

Props

YOU people are nuts.........

you are congratulating Axl for what..................for delaying an album for 13 years and still more months....for the lies he's been saying for the past 13 years..........still no confirmed date mentioning that still some additions have to be done on CD...what the fuck is this... are'nt 13years enough time to complete 13 tracks album........

i dont think there is any point in congratulating anyone....

yes one thing we got from here is that.....now wait for next spring as well and on next spring, he will say again"somewhere but before the end of this year as well" and the story will go on and on

yeah nice tour

but all the rock n roll point of guns is gone. theyre just old rockers now like the others. if the tour had purely bin about the new stuff it would have flopped. i dare say that a hell of a lot of people dont give a fuck about CD. i know i dont really care if it comes out or not - ive got what i want from GNR - the best rock album from one of the most dangerous bands in the world. CD wont touch it

God bless you too, Axl--and God's speed with the album. Whenever it's released, I'll definitely buy multiple copies. Merry Christmas.

so God ain't that very fast either, eh?

nah, just kidding, Axl is so fucking great, giving us release date and all, I really feel sorry for him that he said it would be releashed this year and he had an release date for the year and all that stuff and then it just didn't work out, poor guy, hope everything will get better for him, he is under ALOT of pressure