Good job Merk -

Guest Apollo

Im still curious to know how the Nu Band kicks the shit out of the Original band...

Could anyone of you axlites 'Guns N Roses fans' please enlighten me?

This is why http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzfABIMXpac...ted&search= rock3rock4

Ah yes, the old "Axlite Nightrain defense".

Well, all I see is a video of the Nu Band playing a very good version of the Original bands song.

Anything else, or is that all you've got? :mellow:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just annoys me how people are so quick to judge others, and how they put standards and expections on people that they don't have for themselves.

I'm glad he was man enough to voice his opinion.

The world is so politically correct right now that it's ridiculous. People need to LIGHTEN UP.

Merck wouldn't have had a job in the first place if it weren't for the original band and the legacy they created.

And there was no reason to even mention them in his letter. It was unprofessional.

Haha.

Here's the letter YOU people think he should have submitted.

"Good luck to everybody. Slash and Duff are Gods. Axl is nothing without them. Peace, love, puppies and flowers to everybody. I love you all."

BULLSHIT.

This is the music industry.

Thank God we have people still willing to speak their minds and not censure everything they say. What a boring fucking world it would be if that ever happened.

You disagree with his comment - that's your right.

But don't harrass the guy for speaking his mind.

And you wanna talk unprofessional???

How about Axl smacking Stephanie around?

How about Slash/Duff/Izzy and Steven being drug addicts?

How about every one of them fucking different groupies in every city they ever went to?

It's rock and roll people. Deal with it.

Actually, I don't think he should have mentioned the old band at all, good or bad. The letter was just fine until that part.

The fact that Merck would have to slam a band that has actually accomplished something is just pathetic.

@Charles Manson--go pick up the New GNR album, that should show you how kickass they are!!!! Oh wait...... :unsure: :xmassrudolph:

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Agreed luvaxl4ever, Merck should not have mentioned the original band at all. I thought the whole idea was to convince the fans the old band never existed? But Merck couldn't resist ripping the original band. What a shame.

"The fact that Merck would have to slam a band that has actually accomplished something is just pathetic."

How did he slam them???????

He didn't say that they sucked.

He said that he thought the new band was better.

I like the Cowboys better than the Chargers, does that mean I'm slamming the Chargers? I like Coke better than Pepsi, does that mean I'm slamming pepsi?

And my dear girl, you've never slammed ANY band that was successfull???

I don't like The Dixie Chicks. But they've been around over a decade now, with many succesful tours and albums . . . does that mean I'm pathetic????

You slasholes need to apply the rules and standards you set for others . . . to yourselves!!!!!

Merck's comment, along with a few other things he said in the letter just smack of trying to still kiss Axl's ass in the hopes of getting his job back.

i actually agree with you on that. after reading axls and the start of mercks i thought he would rip into axl but he said a lot of positive stuff about him.

he didn't just say the new band was better, he said it kicks the shit out of the old. That'd make them about 3x or 4x better than the old band. The band that took the world over by storm, the band that broke some good ground, the band that had the entire music industry by the balls. And this band by virtue of being that much better has to top that. Nah, sorry, not gonna happen.

"The fact that Merck would have to slam a band that has actually accomplished something is just pathetic."

How did he slam them???????

He didn't say that they sucked.

He said that he thought the new band was better.

I like the Cowboys better than the Chargers, does that mean I'm slamming the Chargers? I like Coke better than Pepsi, does that mean I'm slamming pepsi?

And my dear girl, you've never slammed ANY band that was successfull???

I don't like The Dixie Chicks. But they've been around over a decade now, with many succesful tours and albums . . . does that mean I'm pathetic????

You slasholes need to apply the rules and standards you set for others . . . to yourselves!!!!!

Unless I've been severely lacking in my duties, I'm not the current or former manager of a band. And if I were, I wouldn't give a tongue in cheek insult of any incarnation of that band; espeically if that band was the reason I had a paycheck. I'm not saying he isn't entitled to his opinion. I'm just saying that in the context of that letter, the old band comment was unneccessary.

And that "slashole" comment is seriously childish. I know you're smarter than that Apollo.

Well, at least you like the Cowboys! :xmasssanta:

Edited by luvaxl4ever

TAKEN FROM METAL-SLUDGE:

I don't agree with all they say, but it's JUST their opinion!!!!! Different opinions, and those not to pussified to say it - are what makes forums great!!!! I got a laugh out of this. THeir leader comes from a band that was popular for like 3 seconds, and we're really nothing more than Faster Pussy Cat wannabees. But some of his comments make me laugh, so I check out their website occassionally.

Metal Sludge::::::: What can be said but this has got to be one of the biggest cluster fucks in the history of music as we know it folks. A release date of March 6th 2007? How about NOT LIKELY!

The once biggest band in the world has now officially fired their manager of 5 years (half the time it has taken to make Chinese Democracy). Does anyone believe that a transition to "new" management will be smoothly executed and all will flow like water right into this "alleged" release date? If you do, you are a bigger ass than Axl Rose himself.

And is it a shock to anyone that Axl has now found fault in the management? Is it a shock what the Falcons of Glam Rock went through? All of which is detailed HERE after opening for Gn'R for a single gig.

It's safe to say that we should all just sit back and enjoy the white Michael Jackson for what he truly is. A fucking nutjob.

Metal Sludge

That comment was unprofessional and really wiped out the last iota of respect I had for him.

Dory . . . . first off, I think you are one of the most intelligent posters on this forum. So many of your younger generation (21 and under) are selfish, arrogant, immature, spoiled, etc. But people like YOU give me hope for our future!!!!

But how is the comment unprofessional?

This guy has worked in the music industry, with many rock bands. He's worked closely with Axl and the new guys for the past five years. He just stated his opinion that he thinks the new band is better than the old band. MAYBE he thinks the new band is the greatest band that ever lived and that the old band is the second greatest band of ALL TIME. He didn't come out and say that the old band sucks or should be shot in the head.

I don't understand why if anybody makes anything close to a negative comment about Slash and Co. people freak out like it's the end of the world.

I respect him MORE for not being afraid to voice his opinion. What is it that bothers you so much about what he said?

When you go to a doctor you don't expect him to tell you that he thinks your new son is better than your older one.

You expect your doctor to have a professional attitude, and just tell you the facts. I expected Merck, as a professional, to tell us what happened and not strut how he feels all over the place. Everyone both knows that the fans have strong feelings pertaining to both bands; although these feelings may not always be the same, they have feelings for them. Merck should have realized this and not said what he said; many could easily take offence to what he said, and many have.

Edited by kevin

TAKEN FROM METAL-SLUDGE:

I don't agree with all they say, but it's JUST their opinion!!!!! Different opinions, and those not to pussified to say it - are what makes forums great!!!! I got a laugh out of this. THeir leader comes from a band that was popular for like 3 seconds, and we're really nothing more than Faster Pussy Cat wannabees. But some of his comments make me laugh, so I check out their website occassionally.

Metal Sludge::::::: What can be said but this has got to be one of the biggest cluster fucks in the history of music as we know it folks. A release date of March 6th 2007? How about NOT LIKELY!

The once biggest band in the world has now officially fired their manager of 5 years (half the time it has taken to make Chinese Democracy). Does anyone believe that a transition to "new" management will be smoothly executed and all will flow like water right into this "alleged" release date? If you do, you are a bigger ass than Axl Rose himself.

And is it a shock to anyone that Axl has now found fault in the management? Is it a shock what the Falcons of Glam Rock went through? All of which is detailed HERE after opening for Gn'R for a single gig.

It's safe to say that we should all just sit back and enjoy the white Michael Jackson for what he truly is. A fucking nutjob.

Metal Sludge

That comment was unprofessional and really wiped out the last iota of respect I had for him.

Dory . . . . first off, I think you are one of the most intelligent posters on this forum. So many of your younger generation (21 and under) are selfish, arrogant, immature, spoiled, etc. But people like YOU give me hope for our future!!!!

This guy has worked in the music industry, with many rock bands. He's worked closely with Axl and the new guys for the past five years. He just stated his opinion that he thinks the new band is better than the old band. MAYBE he thinks the new band is the greatest band that ever lived and that the old band is the second greatest band of ALL TIME. He didn't come out and say that the old band sucks or should be shot in the head.

I don't understand why if anybody makes anything close to a negative comment about Slash and Co. people freak out like it's the end of the world.

I respect him MORE for not being afraid to voice his opinion. What is it that bothers you so much about what he said?

Its unprofessional because it was not needed, let the band speak through music not trying to discredit other musicians.

Merck would do well to remeber that in his next job ;)

Manson . . . in YOUR opinion it's not true. In his opinion, it is.

Some people love Van Halen more with Roth, some people liked it better with Hagar.

I thought Corbani with Motley Crue was as good as any album Vince and Co. put out (cept for Too Fast For Love).

Some people love mustard - I fucking hate it.

It's just people's opinions.

What does what a man think about a band have to do with a doctor and your son?

Maybe you and I are just different.

I want people to be HONEST with me. Give me their HONEST opinions and ideas and thoughts.

You all apparently just wanted sugar-coated versions. Which is cool. Boring, but that's your right.

His comments about the old band were completely unneccessary as far as his larger points. It was a shameless way to ingratiate himself to Axl and hopefully get his money grubbing, gypsy bandit foot back in the GnR door.

Fuck Merck. Fuck the rivalry between old and new. Axl's got a vision and he's got to put it out there. It has fuck all to do with Slash, Duff, Izzy or the glorious past of Guns N' Roses.

Merck can eat a dick. The old band did more with their lives by their twenties than Merck will ever accomplish if he lived to be a million.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU for proving my point.

You people get soooo worked up and totally disrespect not just the man's opinion, but disrespect who he is as a PERSON, just because of one comment he made.

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND . . . it's perfectly OK for you to say things like "Fuck Merck" and that he's "money grubbing, gypsy bandit" and that he can "eat a dick" and that the "old band did more with their lives by the twenties than merck will ever accomplish".

You people are so ridiculous that it's almost not even funny.

THANK YOU Hisroyalsweetness . . . . your comments are priceless. I don't even have to defend Merck anymore for his letter. You just proved my point.

This thread is going to go nowhere but downhill.

A real fan respects both the old and the new. It is possible to love them both, ya know.

Is it not possible to love one more than the other? :huh:

he didn't just say the new band was better, he said it kicks the shit out of the old. That'd make them about 3x or 4x better than the old band. The band that took the world over by storm, the band that broke some good ground, the band that had the entire music industry by the balls. And this band by virtue of being that much better has to top that. Nah, sorry, not gonna happen.

It's not gonna happen as long as people like yourself can only look back and never forwards.

Maybe it was unprofessional but he's just been fired so what does he care? Maybe this gives him the chance to voice the opinion that he legally could not before. If 'Chinese Democracy' is as good as he says it is then we the 'Guns N' Roses fans' (= People who support the working, living entity known as Guns N' Roses) are in for a treat.

Edited by W. Axl Kev

i could give a rats ass about his opinion of the old band however his comments were just un-professional and un-necessary. It is kind of like divorced parents talking smack on the other...it doesn't do anyone any good. It just shows you his level of maturity and it is obvious why axl fired his ass.

A real fan respects both the old and the new. It is possible to love them both, ya know.

It's not gonna happen as long as people like yourself can only look back and never forwards.

Tell that to Axl... ;)

Tell that to Axl... ;)

Read Axl's statement. It's 'oh-so' clear he's looking forward.

Maybe it was unprofessional but he's just been fired so what does he care? Maybe this gives him the chance to voice the opinion that he legally could not before. If 'Chinese Democracy' is as good as he says it is then we the 'Guns N' Roses fans' (= People who support the working, living entity known as Guns N' Roses) are in for a treat.

Or maybe he hasn't secured a good enough severance package yet, and has to keep kissing ass until he does.

As for this treat we're in for, now I expect it to really kick the shit out of the old band's work. Let's see it.

Tell that to Axl... ;)

Read Axl's statement. It's 'oh-so' clear he's looking forward.

Although this seems to be true, he sure is taken a fucking long time in doing so! :P

Funny how it's OK for the Slasholes to continually rip and say negative things about Axl . . . but when somebody makes a bad comment about Slash/Duff, then you people come out and rip that person for being a jerk! Apparently in your minds, freedom of speech only means if they agree with you.

Merk sayin that the new band kicks the shit out of the old band is HIS OPINION. It doesn't make him a saint or a cunt. It's just his opinion.

I take my hat off to him for not being "politically correct" and worrying about offending anybody.

Good job for having the balls to state your opinion.

Personally, I don't know yet. I'll have to hear a final product before I can start judging which band is better. The old band seemed to have more grit and emotion live than the new band. But the new band seems a little more professional (throw in your buckethead jokes here) and on top of things live. I know, the "old band" people will throw a fit at that comment - but face it sirs, your not seeing Fortis and Brain playing concerts high on heroin, like you would have seen Izzy and Adler and Slash back in the day.

At 17 years old, it seems cool when your favorite band has a reputation for being party animals. But at 35 years old, I wanna hear a tight show and not one where half the band is high.

And you people forget what position Merk is in. He knows inside scoop stuff about the new band and the old band, that fans like us have NO IDEA about.

I respect the man for voicing his opinion.

The only reason Merk said this is because its in his best financial interest to do so...

Or maybe he hasn't secured a good enough severance package yet, and has to keep kissing ass until he does.

As for this treat we're in for, now I expect it to really kick the shit out of the old band's work. Let's see it.

Your clutching at straws man. It was a stupid shitty thing to say and was probably to get a pop out of the new Guns N' Roses die hards. However, it was one man's opinion. If you took it this seriously everytime someone like Funeral took a pop at the old band, you'd hate the new band outright and I know you don't. So just wait and see what happens because Merck is done now and every thought you waste on him is a thought that could have gone to something else.

''So much for the past ...Live and Let Die'' ;)

i could give a rats ass about his opinion of the old band however his comments were just un-professional and un-necessary. It is kind of like divorced parents talking smack on the other...it doesn't do anyone any good. It just shows you his level of maturity and it is obvious why axl fired his ass.

Whats unprofessional about it, sir?

And it's nothing at all like divorced parents talking smack to each other. In the situation you bring up, two people take a vow of marriage, a lifetime committment to each other. Then they bring children into the world. Later, they divorce and then bad mouth each other to the kids, trying to make the other parent look bad.

In this case, he was a manager for one band. After being let go, he said he thinks the new version of the band is much better than the old version.

That's it. Plain and simple. His opinion.

He didn't say that VR sucked. Or that Slash sucked. He said he likes the new version better.