Good job Merk -

Guest Apollo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You disagree with his comment - that's your right.

But don't harrass the guy for speaking his mind.

you need to keep in mind that this are the same fans that ridiculed Bach for saying (VR Who? :lol: )

Is that the same VR who denied Bach a role in their band because he reminded them too much of a washed up 80s prima dona?

i could give a rats ass about his opinion of the old band however his comments were just un-professional and un-necessary. It is kind of like divorced parents talking smack on the other...it doesn't do anyone any good. It just shows you his level of maturity and it is obvious why axl fired his ass.

Whats unprofessional about it, sir?

And it's nothing at all like divorced parents talking smack to each other. In the situation you bring up, two people take a vow of marriage, a lifetime committment to each other. Then they bring children into the world. Later, they divorce and then bad mouth each other to the kids, trying to make the other parent look bad.

In this case, he was a manager for one band. After being let go, he said he thinks the new version of the band is much better than the old version.

That's it. Plain and simple. His opinion.

He didn't say that VR sucked. Or that Slash sucked. He said he likes the new version better.

It is unprofessional because it isn't necessary. In a business situation you don't need to put something else down in order to build something else up. We can leave that up to the politicians. bottom line is just stick with saying how great the album will be. All he did was irritate fans of the old band, what good did that do except make people think he is an even bigger schmuck.

It is like a divorce in the sense that it is a dumb idea to put someone else down to someone that that person loves.

Does anybody else find it interesting that there is soooo many negative comments posted about Axl . . . but as soon as somebody says they like the new band better than the old . . . . people come out like he just insulted the pope!

Apparently it's OK to rip apart everything that Axl does. But it's NOT OK to say that you think the new lineup is better than the old lineup.

The hypocricy and double-standards of these people is amazing.

Does anybody else find it interesting that there is soooo many negative comments posted about Axl . . . but as soon as somebody says they like the new band better than the old . . . . people come out like he just insulted the pope!

Apparently it's OK to rip apart everything that Axl does. But it's NOT OK to say that you think the new lineup is better than the old lineup.

i noticed that a while ago too. someone said jokingly slash was the reason for the old gnr line up splitting, dam near world war three, but every second day someone says it about axl and all they do is insult everyone who disagrees and call them axlites.

if you can give it you have to take it.

Yes, it's true. Merck, just like the rest of us, IS entitled to his opinion. But there's a time and a place.

If Merck was posting on the forum, giving an interview to RS magazine, or having a Q & A with Barbara Walters, then by all means, lets hear what his opinion is.

However, the main objective of that letter he issued was to give an update on the remaining tour dates, and a status on the release date of the forthcoming album. He is a businessman who was the head of a multi-billion dollar company, with a 2 million dollar a year paycheck. The statement should have been kept to discussing "business", and not his personal feelings on the old vs nu GnR. It was tacky and juvenille in the context in which it was presented.

Funny how it's OK for the Slasholes to continually rip and say negative things about Axl . . . but when somebody makes a bad comment about Slash/Duff, then you people come out and rip that person for being a jerk! Apparently in your minds, freedom of speech only means if they agree with you.

Merk sayin that the new band kicks the shit out of the old band is HIS OPINION. It doesn't make him a saint or a cunt. It's just his opinion.

I take my hat off to him for not being "politically correct" and worrying about offending anybody.

Good job for having the balls to state your opinion.

Personally, I don't know yet. I'll have to hear a final product before I can start judging which band is better. The old band seemed to have more grit and emotion live than the new band. But the new band seems a little more professional (throw in your buckethead jokes here) and on top of things live. I know, the "old band" people will throw a fit at that comment - but face it sirs, your not seeing Fortis and Brain playing concerts high on heroin, like you would have seen Izzy and Adler and Slash back in the day.

At 17 years old, it seems cool when your favorite band has a reputation for being party animals. But at 35 years old, I wanna hear a tight show and not one where half the band is high.

And you people forget what position Merk is in. He knows inside scoop stuff about the new band and the old band, that fans like us have NO IDEA about.

I respect the man for voicing his opinion.

It has nothing to do with voicing his opinion. he's just kissing up to Axl like he did throughout the whole letter.

The only people who find comments like that "cool" are the die-hard Axlites, who are few and far between these days. To the rest of the general music buying public all it does is make them hate Axl even more than they do now.

Edited by OTHAFA

its sooooooooooooooooo true.

anytime anybody backs the new band it is always just to kiss ass to axl, most on here never believe it is genuine.

makes me feel that you guys are so living in the past because most get way to butt hurt whenever somebody says soething good about the new in comparison to the old. most haters on here cant even stand the thought that somebody prefers the new to the old that they have to bash somebodies own opinion. so what if merck likes the new better, why the fuck are you all so upset about it? that my friends is pathetic.

Are you retarded? You really can't figure out why it makes people mad?

What Merck did would be akin to Slash coming out and saying, "I'm so glad that Velvet Revolver was able to get Scott Weiland (who by the way, kicks the shit out of my old lead singer!)"

You can compliment the new band without trashing the old one. It's those type of comments that make people hate Axl, whether he said it or not.

Edited by OTHAFA

What Merck did would be akin to Slash coming out and saying, "I'm so glad that Velvet Revolver was able to get Scott Weiland (who by the way, kicks the shit out of my old lead singer!)"

That point is null since Slash would never have the cajones to say that. ;)

Are you retarded? You really can't figure out why it makes people mad?

You can compliment the new band without trashing the old one. It's those type of comments that make people hate Axl, whether he said it or not.

no im not a retard who gives a fuck about what others have to say.

what slash says and thinks is his own god damn opinion, and he has a right to express it if that is what he feels.

if say slash said that i would not really care, sure i would disagree with him, but i wouldnt find the need to bash him about it. let people believe and say what they wanna as long as they dont hurt nobody,

im not some fucking nazi who tells people what to think and say.

Edited by ohmygod

it's cojones.

You would know. :unsure:

I wouldn't care. That would be his opinion and hes entitled to it

Plus it wouldn't be like Slash saying that, it would be like Slash's ex-manager saying that ;)

I wouldn't care. That would be his opinion and hes entitled to it

Plus it wouldn't be like Slash saying that, it would be like Slash's ex-manager saying that ;)

thank you :book:

merck can suck my cock

PS I apologize to all the fans irked by my facetious comments regarding the release date to Rolling Stone magazine. They were meant to poke fun at a magazine that had announced a definitive release date, causing us all lots of grief, when none had been set. Unfortunately many of you took them to heart and for that I am sorry.

i call bullshit! why would he joke about it when he knows we look into every single detail and take it as fact!

if i twas a joke and causing grief all he had to do was email madison and or jarmo and tell us. but he waited until axl PWNT him :)

thank you axl :heart:

it's cojones.

You would know. :unsure:

well, considering it's spanish, yeah I better know.

Let's face it...atleast he got Axl off his manic depressive ass to tour and work on Chinese Democracy. And if Merck really sucked, don't you think Axl would have fired him earlier? Merck succeeded where Doug Goldstien failed. If he was a crap manager, he wouldn't be one of the top execs at Sanctuary, manager of Iron Maiden, etc.

Axl has bad interpersonal realtionships with people. Just look at all the people in his past. Just wait until Tommy Stinson starts doing interviews about how his life was a nightmare while in GNR.