Was Merck Fired Because.....

jaypayton

everyone blames Merck and not Axl for the delay...Maybe Merck was fired because he was pushing Axl to release the damn album already...........And this is what happens to people who push Axl to release the album..they get sent into oblivion.............So we are jumping for joy that the album has been backdated another 3 months and possibly more..you people are too easy.......Maybe Merck was canned because he (liek us) wants the album released already...ANd god forbid anyone tell Bill Bailey what to do

Yes, partly.

From the two statements you can gather than there was a lot of personal friction between the two.

In praise of Merck I think he is probably the only reason the band is currently touring, I don't think Axl has the go in him to want to do something like that. We can also take it as a granted that Axl is one lazy, spoilt mofo. The only reason the album isn't out is him, and his 'creative processes' which basically involve drinking, sex and Grand Theft Auto in your bedroom. Anything but working on the album.

Merck wasn't good at his job though. He communicated extremely poorly with the press and the fans when he did make comment, and his comments about 13 Tuesdays and the like were ridiculous.

At the end of the day the tour happened for financial reasons, which a few of us had realised before today. The talk about the album was intended only to promote ticket sales for the shows. But being fair to Merck, he probably had to do that to keep them in funds because Axl kept upsetting the plans by not finishing the album, an album which is still unfinished.

I think Merck's sacking is probably a good thing for all concerned. Guns need to lighten up and let someone, Del James would be perfect, update the fans more. Tell them whats going on and limit the frustration to a minimum and actually involve people through the wonders of the internet. Have blogs style updates from the guys, doing crazy stuff backstage at the live shows, rehearsing and doing the videos. Just be more creative and forward minded.

The legal stuff mentioned in the releases are probably part of the reason Axl has never finished the album. There is so much going on that he always has something else to blame it on, but himself.

With Merck gone, there is no one left to blame.

It's March or never now.

At the end of the day the tour happened for financial reasons, which a few of us had realised before today. The talk about the album was intended only to promote ticket sales for the shows. But being fair to Merck, he probably had to do that to keep them in funds because Axl kept upsetting the plans by not finishing the album, an album which is still unfinished.

According to Axl and Merck the CD WAS intended to be out this year, so the tour was not PURELY for financial reasons, clearly they were intending to release the CD this year. Obviously it was partially for financial reasons, but not exclusively.

everyone blames Merck and not Axl for the delay...Maybe Merck was fired because he was pushing Axl to release the damn album already...........And this is what happens to people who push Axl to release the album..they get sent into oblivion.............So we are jumping for joy that the album has been backdated another 3 months and possibly more..you people are too easy.......Maybe Merck was canned because he (liek us) wants the album released already...ANd god forbid anyone tell Bill Bailey what to do

I agree 100% and think you you are most likely at lest close to being right...But on the flippside, I never liked Merch either. You never know with this band really.

A8R

atill not finished hah so it was all bullshit about getting mastered and shit well another fucking ten year wait then fuck that velvet revolver 2007 at least i can believe them sorry axl youve cried wolf one too many times mate, if you do happen to get it out next year ill fucking download it.