when your singing, FUCK NO!

well your nice

im not trying to be harsh mate,

that was just comparison to axl,

but theres always 3 types to everything in music

1) learn

2) try to be your hero

3) realise you cant and do your own thing

your still on 2, develop your own style, use your rasp to your advantage.

you have something.. but needs development

your a good singer

Good head tone, near the end as you go high sounds as strong as your lower register. There is a little rasp but not Rose like to my ears. You have your own sound. I like the tone and the strength, the pitch accuracy is pretty loose though and needs work if you're shooting for a good live voice.

Not a great singer myself but I record mostly and just sing it until the take is alright,

example of mine: Android Men

My main instrument is not voice though so if that's your gig then keep practicing on pitch accuracy and get strong with it.

Would be interesting to hear it mixed with music as the tone sounds like it would eq well in a rock song-

Hope this is a mix of compliment and constructive criticism that will be helpful, thanks for sharing with us.

Good head tone, near the end as you go high sounds as strong as your lower register. There is a little rasp but not Rose like to my ears. You have your own sound. I like the tone and the strength, the pitch accuracy is pretty loose though and needs work if you're shooting for a good live voice.

Not a great singer myself but I record mostly and just sing it until the take is alright,

example of mine: Android Men

My main instrument is not voice though so if that's your gig then keep practicing on pitch accuracy and get strong with it.

Would be interesting to hear it mixed with music as the tone sounds like it would eq well in a rock song-

Hope this is a mix of compliment and constructive criticism that will be helpful, thanks for sharing with us.

mcalldp - you kind of have a geoff tate thing going on on that track, pretty cool.

axl slash7 - do your own thing, you have some potential there.

LOL. that is embarrassing to listen to

you don't sound like axl, you sound like some infatuated teenager trying to be cool

I don't think so. I think it has decent strength and good potential with some training. It's hard when you give a track with just voice and no supporting music as people are not used to listening that way but really this guys voice would fit in a mix well and with some training there is obvious potential there.

I would agree with all in saying it does not sound like Axl and you would reach your potential quicker by not trying to sound like him of course.

No offence but you sound nothing like him, not even a bit. You do have a good voice though, as others have said music would help but i dunno, it hink your voice is mayeb more suited to a different type of singin

you do not sound like axl.

however, contrary to what others have said, you are taking the right course by going acapella. the best way to see what you sound like is to listen to yourself solo or with one instrument.

you're not 100% on pitch. i would say you're not @ 60% even....but tone is what you're going for, i guess.

don't lean on vibrato at any time. a note should be a note, not wavering around.

take deeper breaths and raise your soft pallet more. don't be afraid to open your mouth as wide as possible for each note.

a good way to practice your breath control is to take a small piece of paper (business card) and hold it against the wall about 4 inches from your mouth. stand completely straight with your shoulders relaxed. take a deep breath, let go of the paper, and from your diaphram, blow a concentrated, circle shaped stream at the paper. see how long you can hold it to the wall.....do this a lot, and see how long you can hold it there each time. as you progress, you may want to step further away from the paper.

p.s. any voice is suited to any style of singing, it's only a question of how long you spend developing it. certain voices to sit naturally at a higher or lower range than others, but ultimately anyone can sing any note if they put the time in to learn what to do.

Edited by ohyesindeed