Isn't being a Rock Star easy? Imagine if Axl had a real job

Kaneda

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think the US tour was a bit odd and not needed unless they did in fact need to do it for money but to me that just seems strange. If what Merck says is true what irks me is they only needed to put in a few solid days in the studio and things would have been wrapped up. I am sure it's a matter that is complicated but I'm not dumb enough to believe that a good chunk of the problem (perhaps all of it) wasn't due to Axl himself to be perfectly honest. The guy obviously has issues with being timely, aiming for goals and being organized. In the end Axl will be Axl but I believe that he's seen just how pissed off his fan base got this time and I think that he might actually move to be very aggressive in meeting the March date and getting this thing out. We have never before seen so many signs pointing to an imminent release of CD, where it was practically dangling in our face but only to be snatched away at the last minute. I think if March comes along and we hear no news and see no signs pointing to a release we're going to see this whole angry thing play out again only I think it will be much worse.

Let's not kid ourselves here, the album is basically completed with just a few minor things to complete, I just don't buy that the album is non-existent. A year ago we still wondered if the album was even close to being done but I think the vast majority would agree it's basically done. Axl now has the simple tasks of polishing the thing off, getting the marketing/publicity in order and getting a single cued up. He's said it himself that it takes 8 weeks to get a relase on the shelves. If you back up 8 weeks from March 6th you have January 6th as a date where it has to be 100% complete. Given the remainder of the tour and the holidays in there that leaves very little time to for Axl to polish off this little turd and hopefully he sees that or he's going to fuck up again and it won't be good. I really think he's seen he has to come through now, and in a timely manner, or he's fucked. But like others have said this kind of down time and Axl fucking around in the studio has the potential of being a recipe for disaster. I hope he comes through.

Here’s the thing, while I see what you’re getting at you’re not exactly comparing apples to apples are you? The same exact thing could be said in reverse, you have no idea the kind of expectations / pressure is put upon you once a certain level of success is achieved.

Let’s say you’re a car salesman and you’re a natural at it, you sell 10 cars+ a day, everyday. If someone could do something like that for any length of time they are going to get the reputation within the business, after a while people aren’t even shocked anymore, they expect it of you. Now, let’s say the realization of these expectations suddenly hits you right in the face; one day you were just doing what came naturally, now you’re suddenly aware you’re not the average cat and you need to keep this up, it’s inner pride. Some people thrive on this kind of pressure and some people have a harder time dealing with it. It can freeze you up bro; you stop living for the day and start trying to plan ahead, make sure you don’t disappoint, PROVE you’re not just a flash in the pan.

The hard reality is that nothing lasts forever, people are people and NOBODY is perfect. Now, just for a second, try to imagine what it must be like when seemingly EVERYONE is watching your every more, not just your peers. It’s gotta be a damn scary thing, suddenly you feel bigger than life. You went from being Joe Anybody to being someone people listen to, someone people ‘worship’. Everyone around you kisses your ass, everyone wants to do you favors; everyone wants to be your friend.

It’s easy to sit back from this side and pick apart someone that has had a lot of success; it even becomes this sick bonding type thing for people that don’t have lives of their own, it’s nothing but high school bullshit but on a world-wide scale.

Forget about this album everyone here is so worked up about. Seriously, imagine for a second that it’s YOU up on that stage looking out at TENS-OF-THOUSANDS of other people that are all staring at YOU, hanging on your every word, watching your every move. What would run through your mind? Would YOU be able to handle THAT? Now, once you reach that kind of level you’re OBLIGATED to try and keep that alive. People depend on you, not only your fans but also your family, your friends, and the people that work for you. You become your own company AND your own product. It’s not an easy thing to maintain.

A 9-5 is tedious, it can suck but at least at the end of the day you don’t get chased down by people asking you to take a picture, give an autograph, (and lots of other crazy shit you can only imagine). Nobody threatens or thows shit at you when you're trying to do your job. Sometimes you deal with it better than other times but you’re still ONLY FUCKING HUMAN. I’m not saying this dude didn’t make his own bed, all I’m saying is before you be so damn quick to judge you need to take the time to think about all sides.

I agree. Hell, go watch the new dvd for Motley Crue's Carnival of Souls Tour and the process by which the life on the road is like... it's pretty crazy. It's fun and definitely a lot easier at face value than say a clerk job, but it's a ton of work... and the expectations are insane.

Plus the idea that hey you might fail any minute and lost it all?

I'd say so.

I used to be a frontman of a band and it took a lot of emotional strength to do some things and put yourself out in front of people and all. I can't imagine thousands of them.

dude try to imagine growing up getting abused both physically and sexually by your dad.

then later wondering why your mum never helped you, then finding out who you thought was your parent but find out he wasnt really your dad.

then living on the streets with a mate then climbing to the top of the world of rock n roll.

it aint a piece of cake, if you were in his shoes, youd commit suicide when you were 16

Axl has gone through so much shit, he doesnt have a real family, no wife, no kids

only beta, ex band mates fucked off, GETTING SHIT AFTER SHIT by the fucking press and before today us constantly pressurising to release chinese democracy.

Axl Rose is a hero, you could NEVER live in his shoes, why he still tours is beyond me but i believe he does because of one thing..

BECAUSE HE IS FUCKING AXL ROSE, THE JESUS OF ROCK

loving that post, couldnt agree more.

I think Axl would be pretty much the same in most situations , infact I think the cushy life he leads would have made him a bit softer.

I personally am pretty skeptical about his "repressed memories" of sexual abuse supposedly happening at 2 and remebering things "almost to the point of conception"........I mean c'mon. Regression therapy was fashionable in the early 90's and is mostly discredited and from my experience with quite a few people who made similar claims to Axl it was mostly suggestive on thetherapists part with a sub conciously willing patient who by nature is a bit of a drama queen.

Axl needs to go work as a labourer for a year and quit fucking moaning. If he didnt take himself so seriously maybe he'd learn to relax and the "muse" would return, because he would be writing and playing for ENJOYMENT and natural SELF EXPRESSION and not to prove hes better than the old band or to make a perfect record. He puts the pressure on himself , no-oone else does.

Let's discuss why Axl always whines and cries about how it's so hard to do this, how it's a never ending nightmare for the last decade making this album...I mean seriously, does this guy even know how blessed he is to have this as his career? Imagine Axl having a real 9-5 job that has hourly deadlines, he couldn't make it through a day...

It's sort of ironic that Axl complains because at the end of the day, HE is the nightmare for everyone that works for him or with him...we've all heard how he berates the crew, how he pushes away producers, musicians, friends in general...Axl Rose makes it hard on himself and then he points the finger at everyone. Hello, bi-polar!

First of all: Do you work with him to say that he is a nightmare to work with?

I imagine your answer :rofl-lol: : "It's what people say" "I read that in a serious review"

Get a life bitch! :heart:

The rest is so much more of the same from you that I don't feel like giving you more importance than you deserve.

So long! :heart:

Let's discuss why Axl always whines and cries about how it's so hard to do this, how it's a never ending nightmare for the last decade making this album...I mean seriously, does this guy even know how blessed he is to have this as his career? Imagine Axl having a real 9-5 job that has hourly deadlines, he couldn't make it through a day...

It's sort of ironic that Axl complains because at the end of the day, HE is the nightmare for everyone that works for him or with him...we've all heard how he berates the crew, how he pushes away producers, musicians, friends in general...Axl Rose makes it hard on himself and then he points the finger at everyone. Hello, bi-polar!

I find it Ironic that you say this since you are the biggest whiner/crier in the world

Here’s the thing, while I see what you’re getting at you’re not exactly comparing apples to apples are you? The same exact thing could be said in reverse, you have no idea the kind of expectations / pressure is put upon you once a certain level of success is achieved.

Let’s say you’re a car salesman and you’re a natural at it, you sell 10 cars+ a day, everyday. If someone could do something like that for any length of time they are going to get the reputation within the business, after a while people aren’t even shocked anymore, they expect it of you. Now, let’s say the realization of these expectations suddenly hits you right in the face; one day you were just doing what came naturally, now you’re suddenly aware you’re not the average cat and you need to keep this up, it’s inner pride. Some people thrive on this kind of pressure and some people have a harder time dealing with it. It can freeze you up bro; you stop living for the day and start trying to plan ahead, make sure you don’t disappoint, PROVE you’re not just a flash in the pan.

The hard reality is that nothing lasts forever, people are people and NOBODY is perfect. Now, just for a second, try to imagine what it must be like when seemingly EVERYONE is watching your every more, not just your peers. It’s gotta be a damn scary thing, suddenly you feel bigger than life. You went from being Joe Anybody to being someone people listen to, someone people ‘worship’. Everyone around you kisses your ass, everyone wants to do you favors; everyone wants to be your friend.

It’s easy to sit back from this side and pick apart someone that has had a lot of success; it even becomes this sick bonding type thing for people that don’t have lives of their own, it’s nothing but high school bullshit but on a world-wide scale.

Forget about this album everyone here is so worked up about. Seriously, imagine for a second that it’s YOU up on that stage looking out at TENS-OF-THOUSANDS of other people that are all staring at YOU, hanging on your every word, watching your every move. What would run through your mind? Would YOU be able to handle THAT? Now, once you reach that kind of level you’re OBLIGATED to try and keep that alive. People depend on you, not only your fans but also your family, your friends, and the people that work for you. You become your own company AND your own product. It’s not an easy thing to maintain.

A 9-5 is tedious, it can suck but at least at the end of the day you don’t get chased down by people asking you to take a picture, give an autograph, (and lots of other crazy shit you can only imagine). Nobody threatens or thows shit at you when you're trying to do your job. Sometimes you deal with it better than other times but you’re still ONLY FUCKING HUMAN. I’m not saying this dude didn’t make his own bed, all I’m saying is before you be so damn quick to judge you need to take the time to think about all sides.

Very very well said. I agree with this guy 100%. It's always easy to look at things as an outside observer and criticize and say things like, "Why didn't he do this, or that?", but when you're in that situation yourself, it's not that easy...

I think Axl would be pretty much the same in most situations , infact I think the cushy life he leads would have made him a bit softer.

I personally am pretty skeptical about his "repressed memories" of sexual abuse supposedly happening at 2 and remebering things "almost to the point of conception"........I mean c'mon. Regression therapy was fashionable in the early 90's and is mostly discredited and from my experience with quite a few people who made similar claims to Axl it was mostly suggestive on thetherapists part with a sub conciously willing patient who by nature is a bit of a drama queen.

IIRC, the related RS interview included a statement that Axl's (and Amy's) claims of being molested were backed up by other family members. I agree that his insistence that he can remember "almost to the point of conception" is highly dubious, though.

'Get a life' sometimes is just so appropriate!!!

Do something grandiose with your life and then think over again.

That is the most infantile thing i've lately heard, God.. :monkey:

dude try to imagine growing up getting abused both physically and sexually by your dad.

then later wondering why your mum never helped you, then finding out who you thought was your parent but find out he wasnt really your dad.

then living on the streets with a mate then climbing to the top of the world of rock n roll.

it aint a piece of cake, if you were in his shoes, youd commit suicide when you were 16

Axl has gone through so much shit, he doesnt have a real family, no wife, no kids

only beta, ex band mates fucked off, GETTING SHIT AFTER SHIT by the fucking press and before today us constantly pressurising to release chinese democracy.

Axl Rose is a hero, you could NEVER live in his shoes, why he still tours is beyond me but i believe he does because of one thing..

BECAUSE HE IS FUCKING AXL ROSE, THE JESUS OF ROCK

What makes you so sure I wasn't?

• Like 1

Guest Edward Rose

only beta, ex band mates fucked off, GETTING SHIT AFTER SHIT by the fucking press and before today us constantly pressurising to release chinese democracy....

...then imagine some fuck head comes online with no location, date of birth or sex, and starts an entire thread about how you suck. Man, there's some real fuckin' scum bags in this world.

The Jesus of Rock?

I have never heard so much shit in all my life!!!!

"Jesus disappointed his disciples today by turning up three hours late to the Sermon on the Mount due to the fact he demanded a roast lunch before performing...."

Get a fucking life you bellend.

Axl isn't the average you and me. That's why he hasn't got a real job. He isn't an employee, he is an artist who has done greater things that you will ever do with your lousy job (if you have one). More than that, his name will always be remembered, it doesn't matter if it's by many or by few. However, Axl isn't a rock star anymore, he was in the early 90's, i mean, how many people do know who Axl is nowadays? Kevin Federline is more popular nowadays. Anyways, I agree with what was said before, Axl had to endure a lot in his childhood and afterwards on the road to success, and now he has to deal with the pressure of realeasing the album. He doesn't have to put it out, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. That moment of glory has already passed for him, but we'd love to hear more music because we love Gn'R (the old and new). I don't care how much Axl "whines" about everything, i'm not analising where he's right or wrong, i mean, he's human after all. Mozart was famous too during his lifetime and still, he had a harder life than those with a "real job". You see only what you want and generally, it drives you to the wrong conclusion.

Axl should never have to work a job. He sang AFD. He's touched millions of people's lives. Anyone who does that - in music, film, novels, what the fuck ever - has earned the right to never work again. People who have the power to move the public in such a deep way should be spending all their time creating more materiel.

true but what he's saying is that axl complains about stupid stuff and that if he wasn't famous and had a normal job he'd have reason to bitch. its like when people bitch about a certain food being awful, but there are people with no food at all

i dont think being a rockstar would be easy.They must find it stressful because they have to go to interviews, photo shoots, etc. besides performing for their fans.

Edited by Serg

the image of a rock star is dead..it died when Faith No More released 'Epic' and the Chili Peppers released 'Give It Away' and Nirvana released 'smells like teen spirit within a year of eachother...The longhaired leather jacket wearing sebastian bach/vince neil rocker was dead forever

the image of a rock star is dead..it died when Faith No More released 'Epic' and the Chili Peppers released 'Give It Away' and Nirvana released 'smells like teen spirit within a year of eachother...The longhaired leather jacket wearing sebastian bach/vince neil rocker was dead forever

music is cyclical, they will come back...just a matter of time.

Bach sucks, he is a caricature of himself now. It was embarrasing.

axl already went thru the harder times in life before he became a rock star. and i would imagine being a rock star is a tougher job than sitting on your ass in an office all day. what a stupid subject, seriously dude when are you gonna grow a brain.

Axl should never have to work a job. He sang AFD. He's touched millions of people's lives. Anyone who does that - in music, film, novels, what the fuck ever - has earned the right to never work again. People who have the power to move the public in such a deep way should be spending all their time creating more materiel.

true but what he's saying is that axl complains about stupid stuff and that if he wasn't famous and had a normal job he'd have reason to bitch. its like when people bitch about a certain food being awful, but there are people with no food at all

He could eat five lambs a day and take bubble baths with Tom Cruise. If he was releasing good music, I wouldn't give a fuck what he said or did.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol: