The Power Of The Media

GabrielsChains

First off, wanted to say real quick that nobody on this board is happier about today's turn of events than me; that my worst fears may not actually be true is SO encouraging as a fan, I cannot even tell you.

However, looking at this board, which seems to be almost overflowing with love, I would caution everyone to not let themselves get carried away. We feel like we have had a direct influence on Axl, yes, but let's not forget this important sentence from Merck's gameplan email, regarding how they should announce the release date:

The note will be most effective if it comes from Axl as he will then be seen as the good guy who is giving people the information they want.

Say what you will about Merck, but he certainly has known how to play the Guns fans -- because here we are, celebrating Axl for his great "intervention", for righting the floundering ship, and making everything okay.

For giving us the information that we want.

Though the new release date is promising and exciting, make no mistake my friends -- this letter from Axl is as much of a manipulation and a con as anything else this last year. Yes, it makes us feel good, and makes us feel that Axl listens to us, but always remember: the idea for the letter came from Merck, not from Axl. And that at any point during this year, if Axl had really wanted to comment on the state of everything, when fans were getting frustrated and furious, he could have done so.

He's only doing so know because he knows it won't effect ticket sales for the L.A. shows, and then they're cancelling the rest of the tour.

Don't get me wrong folks -- I have the night of March 5th already calendered off to go to my local Virgin Megastore and pick up my copy of CD -- but let's take everything with a grain of salt, shall we?

Edited by GabrielsChains

Truth is, of course it is a manipulation...that's marketing. You always have to spin things properly. Isn't this what we've been complaining GnR doesn't do? We want them to be more media savvy. They haven't been. I think they need to get a really good management team together that will improve this, the website and communication.

This board rocks, we definately influenced Axl's mindset here.

Truth is, of course it is a manipulation...that's marketing. You always have to spin things properly. Isn't this what we've been complaining GnR doesn't do? We want them to be more media savvy. They haven't been. I think they need to get a really good management team together that will improve this, the website and communication.

This board rocks, we definately influenced Axl's mindset here.

no we dident influence axl at all ,the news papers that did stories that read these boards influenced him