WOLFMOTHER!!

aussie_axl

woman is actually the same song as roadhouse blues just sped up a bit...boring if you ask me

i'd rather listen to the mars volta who actually develop their own sound and creatively progress

only time will tell if wolfmother does the same :book:

for the moment though, they are mediocre in my eyes...drawing from deep purple and sab but with a lighter sound

what the fuck is wrong with you poeple, so no one can sound like an old band? there not trying to be anyone else, there just rocking out! making music they like!, more then i can say for most bands these days!, listen to that music! rock3 you guys should get the fuck off a rock board if you don't like this music! rock3,

Edited by aussie_axl

Of the new australian "talent we have"

Powderfinger - Fucking awesome band, been around since the 90's and take it from hard rock to heartful sentimental ballads - lead man bernard fanning is one of my heros and writes some of the best lyrics I've ever heard.

The Vines - Made 2 awesome albums (Winning days and Highly Evolved) and after front man craig Nicholls got off drugs contracted some disease from sitting in his room when he was a teenager and just looking at a wall and smoking pot. And now isn't half the song writer he used to be as when his brain was swimming in coccaine and made a very crap album (vision valley)

Jet - Absolutely one of the worst Australian bands of all time, get all this fucking credit for nothing, a bunch of pop-rock songs that rip off their inspirations and from their new album there's 2 singles that titles' are just phrases ("Put your money when your mouth is" and "Rip it Up") Very unoriginal.

Wolfmother - At first, I thought these guys are alright, but after I got their album I got over them in about a week. I swear you can find the word "mind" in every song, just boring rock with bad lyrics.

Silverchair - :sleeper:

Eskimo Joe - Their songs are meant to be very poppy, got nothing against them, I wouldn't buy their album but I wouldn't turn them off when they come on the radio.

Then theres a bunch of solo acts I really really can't stand like Guy Sabastian (Australian Idol Winner) and Shannon Noll (Australian Idol Winner) who get alot of air time, also Missy Higgins is pretty annoying, even though she is pretty talented admitting how many instruments she can play and sing quite well.

Thats about the core, and I'm tired.

Edited by pain cake

Powderfinger - Fucking awesome band, been around since the 90's and take it from hard rock to heartful sentimental ballads - lead man bernard fanning is one of my heros and writes some of the best lyrics I've ever heard.

The Vines - Made 2 awesome albums (Winning days and Highly Evolved) and after front man craig Nicholls got off drugs contracted some disease from sitting in his room when he was a teenager and just looking at a wall and smoking pot. And now isn't half the song writer he used to be as when his brain was swimming in coccaine and made a very crap album (vision valley)

Jet - Absolutely one of the worst Australian bands of all time, get all this fucking credit for nothing, a bunch of pop-rock songs that rip off their inspirations and from their new album there's 2 singles that titles' are just phrases ("Put your money when your mouth is" and "Rip it Up") Very unoriginal.

Wolfmother - At first, I thought these guys are alright, but after I got their album I got over them in about a week. I swear you can find the word "mind" in every song, just boring rock with bad lyrics.

Eskimo Joe - Their songs are meant to be very poppy, got nothing against them, I wouldn't buy their album but I wouldn't turn them off when they come on the radio.

Then theres a bunch of solo acts I really really can't stand like Guy Sabastian (Australian Idol Winner) and Shannon Noll (Australian Idol Winner) who get alot of air time, also Missy Higgins is pretty annoying, even though she is pretty talented admitting how many instruments she can play and sing quite well.

Early Silverchair was rockin'. Pretty damn talented.

Eskimo Joe just suck balls and I am so sick of them.

I find the term "bring back classic rock" just funny, really funny, but the reason I enjoy Wolf Mother is because they remind me of classic aka blues aka good rock IMHO. The reason why the term "bring back classic rock"amuses me is because EVERY great band, or crappy band for that matter is influenced by people. What the heck is wrong with being influenced by some of the best there were/are. I miss blues rock. I miss kick ass bass. I miss music with attitude that doesn't sound either like it wants to kill someone, or sit in a corner and whine. Because I miss these these things in much of todays music I really like The Killers and Wolf Mother. by all means point me in the direction of other new bluesy style kick ass guitars, kick ass bass music I am always open to suggestions

i think your nuts!, exkimo joe, worst and gayest band alive, silverchair rock!, wolfmother rock!, jet fucking rock!, powderfinger are ok, but there not rock!, there pop music, the vines sucked, you my man have no music taste, and should not be on a gnr board lol.

i think your nuts!, exkimo joe, worst and gayest band alive, silverchair rock!, wolfmother rock!, jet fucking rock!, powderfinger are ok, but there not rock!, there pop music, the vines sucked, you my man have no music taste, and should not be on a gnr board lol.

Subjective

Yeh powderfinger are one of the best aussie bands going around at the moment, I think they are getting back together soon. I bought the latest jet album which I regret now. makes a good coaster though. Eskimo joe have a few catchy songs. very radio freindly but I wouldnt buy the album either.

thats agreeable what you've got there. i gotta say after listening to some wolfmother i like some songs but i dont really like the guys voice

Sorry if I don't take a person seriously who ends their sentences in "lol" and tries to deter a person from voicing their oppinion on a board made so people can voice their oppinions

Sorry if I don't take a person seriously who ends their sentences in "lol" and tries to deter a person from voicing their oppinion on a board made so people can voice their oppinions

dude i was messing around, giving you some shit, but yeah i know you have everyright to voice your opinion, and thanksto adding to the thread! peace.

dude i was messing around, giving you some shit, but yeah i know you have everyright to voice your opinion, and thanksto adding to the thread! peace.

where's love between us aussie?

do you think australia produce the best rock bands outside of the states and england?

anyone fans of wolfmother? i think it's got an old school feel to it, songs like love train!, joker and the theif, women,colossal, white unicorn!! great album! rock3

I'm gonna agree with you on this one.

I've only heard a little of them. A hollywood girl friend of mine has hung out with the band, she told me to check them out . . . so I listened to a couple songs. My first reaction was what all these other people are saying, they def have a strong led zep feel to them. I got a touch of Rush as well.

BUT what the fuck is wrong with that? I don't want EVERY new band to bring some new sound to the music world. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome to hear a new band that has a new fresh sound. But if there is a certain sound that you enjoy, why the hell wouldn't you want new bands to have that same vibe to them???

I hope that tomorrow somebody says "Apollo, you gotta check out (insert band name here). They are this new young band out of LA that sounds like early Guns n Roses."

So good for Wolfmother.

Let them play the music and style that THEY enjoy playing.