Why do people say that the new GnR players are only in it for the money?

Guest Apollo

I'm getting tired of hearing those statements!!!!

Finck has been working with Axl since 96 - that's 11 years now!

Brain has been with the band since 2000.

Fortus joined in 2002

Stintson in 96/97 as well? (I think, I not exactly sure on that one).

Dizzy has been around since the beginning.

Some of those guys have been with Axl LONGER than Slash and Axl were together!!!!! The core group of the new GNR has been together for the past five years.

If there was no chemistry, no love, no collaborating (at times) these guys would have left a LONG time ago. They wouldn't "waste" years of their talent, if they didn't believe in the what the final product was going to be.

Axl haters like to say that they are just hired guns, in it for the paycheck. These guys are musicians, and they want their music to be heard. How much do you think Axl could afford to pay 5-6-7 guys over a 5-to-10 year period? AXL and no record company has enough money to pay off that much money. Enough money where they go "I'm not gonna release any music for five years." A million bucks a year? You think Axl has blown 50-60 million dollars of his own money to keep these guys around???? It's ridiculous.

And obviously the "chemistry" you all wanna rail on constantly wasn't very strong between Axl-Duff-Slash-izzy-Steven . . . otherwise, they'd all still be together making music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl is doing his own thing. Duff/Slash are doing their thing. Steven is doing his thing. Izzy is doing his thing. AND haven't all those guys said at one time or another, that they would do a reunion with Axl??? AXL MUST NOT HAVE BEEN THAT BAD OF A PERSON THEN, HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Axl was really the prick you all would like to believe, then the old band would be like "fuck that, I'm never gonna work with that jerk again."

This isn't a post to bash the old band.

This is a post to say how ridiculous it is to keep saying the new guys have no chemistry and are only in it for the money. That would have been a potentially valid statement during the first year. But five or six or ten years later????? Obviously they want to be in GnR.

Fortus joined in 2002

Some of those guys have been with Axl LONGER than Slash and Axl were together!!!!! The core group of the new GNR has been together for the past five years.

If there was no chemistry, no love, no collaborating (at times) these guys would have left a LONG time ago. They wouldn't "waste" years of their talent, if they didn't believe in the what the final product was going to be.

Axl haters like to say that they are just hired guns, in it for the paycheck. These guys are musicians, and they want their music to be heard. How much do you think Axl could afford to pay 5-6-7 guys over a 5-to-10 year period? AXL and no record company has enough money to pay off that much money. Enough money where they go "I'm not gonna release any music for five years." A million bucks a year? You think Axl has blown 50-60 million dollars of his own money to keep these guys around???? It's ridiculous.

And obviously the "chemistry" you all wanna rail on constantly wasn't very strong between Axl-Duff-Slash-izzy-Steven . . . otherwise, they'd all still be together making music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl is doing his own thing. Duff/Slash are doing their thing. Steven is doing his thing. Izzy is doing his thing. AND haven't all those guys said at one time or another, that they would do a reunion with Axl??? AXL MUST NOT HAVE BEEN THAT BAD OF A PERSON THEN, HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Axl was really the prick you all would like to believe, then the old band would be like "fuck that, I'm never gonna work with that jerk again."

This isn't a post to bash the old band.

This is a post to say how ridiculous it is to keep saying the new guys have no chemistry and are only in it for the money. That would have been a potentially valid statement during the first year. But five or six or ten years later????? Obviously they want to be in GnR.

why write this shit man, it's been beaten to death in here, you looking to stir shit up again?.

Edited by aussie_axl

Of course they are in it for the money. Anyone can see that is the case. Tommy Stinson did not make anything in the Replacements because they did not get big. So an $11000 a month pay check looks pretty nice. None of these guys could do something big on their own. I liked Tommy's solo album but it sold a few thousand copies - certainly not enough to pay the bills. All of the guys are talented musicians and I don't doubt that they all have good relationships with Axl but without being in this band they are session players and guys who have day jobs to be able to play music.

brain said it himeself.
And that was a sarcastic joke.. Like Merck's "you might just wander to a shop and find CD from shelf"
Without GN'R, dizzy would be playing for $50 a night in a bar somewhere.
He would probably be quite successful on his own or at least would be part of some bigger band like he is atm.. Great voice, amazing piano skills. Besides Dizzy was supposed to join GN'R back in '86 already. Edited by .Seal

Fortus joined in 2002

And yet that haven't even been able to put out ONE album.

Why would they leave? They get a chance to take advantage of the legacy that someone else created to pad their bank accounts and further their own careers. They'd be nuts to leave!