Nice article about GN'R and Axl

.Seal

I read this small article/journal in last.fm and found it really good.

New Found Respect for Axl Rose

5 Dec 2006, 03:45, by MetallicaACDC

I used to hate Axl Rose. I didn't like that he frequently quit on his fans. I didn't like that he blasted his former band mates. I couldn't stand his constantly changing band line-up. His "middle finger" attitude annoyed me and turned me away from him. I didn't like anything about him. In fact, I hated almost every aspect of him.

And that is what led me to now respect Axl Rose. After seeing him live in Cleveland on Nov. 24th, I now understand what he's all about. I saw him up on that stage, truly appreciating his fans and trying to put on the best show possible. He even had a guy thrown out of the arena for giving some other fans a hard time and being what Axl called "a d!ckheaded motherf***** who's ruining the show for everyone else." All I ever saw in the news and on TV was how much Axl didn't care about his fans and what a jerk he was. He might still be a jerk, but I know that he cares about his fans (even if he tries hard to hide it). He realizes that his fans are the only ones who have stuck by him since the fall of the original Guns N' Roses and he will be eternally grateful for his fans sticking by him.

Axl Rose is the anti-Rock star. While most rock stars play the "bad boy" on-stage but buddy up to the execs and press offstage, Axl refuses to be bought out and corrupted. Even now in his mid-40's, he doesn't take any crap from anybody. He won't stop and smile for the camera, he won't make an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and he would flip off the president of the United States without hesitation. He still very much does things his way and serves as an inspiration for people who don't buy into the clean, goody-goody rock stars.

Another interesting dimension of Axl's personality is his calm side. People never see the soft side of Axl because the press will never show something good about him. But an example of what I'm talking about is him playing a show in 2002 where the police were trying to shut down the show. Axl sat at the piano onstage and very calmly talked to the rioting crowd. He asked that they not get out of hand and that they just relax and have a good time. He settled them down to where they got out the swaying lighters before he went into a beautiful piano solo that ended without so much as a snarl from him. Songs like Patience and November Rain show that he isn't all about the wild-child, brash antics that you see on TV.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I respect Axl Rose for being Axl Rose and never conforming to anybody else's norms. Even though he is a jerk and conceited, he completely admits to it and makes no apologies. There have been reports that Axl suffers from bi-polar disease. That would certainly explain his sudden mood swings. But bi-polar or not, he stands tall and proud as a real rock rebellion even to this day. And for that, I salute Axl Rose. \m/

Whatever.There's nothing cool in not providing a coherent answer to the questions of your long-time-fans or in posponing 15 years a lousy album.It's uncool.

Well maybe it is 'uncool' because Axl couldnt give a rats ass if it's cool or not..

Were you born in a fucking barn or what? :monkey:

I'm sorry.I can't respect a guy who makes promises every year and breaks them every year.He doesn't give a rats bum on us,I really don't see what's so admirable 'bout that. :rolleyes:

And the reason you were here was?

I'm sorry.I can't respect a guy who makes promises every year and breaks them every year.He doesn't give a rats bum on us,I really don't see what's so admirable 'bout that. :rolleyes:

Well sod off then, you're in the wrong place. I'm sick of so called 'fans' bitching and complaining about everything. We at last know where we stand with the CD so shut up or sod off. Get behind the band or leave. 'To all those that oppose.............well..............

I read this small article/journal in last.fm and found it really good.
New Found Respect for Axl Rose

5 Dec 2006, 03:45, by MetallicaACDC

I used to hate Axl Rose. I didn't like that he frequently quit on his fans. I didn't like that he blasted his former band mates. I couldn't stand his constantly changing band line-up. His "middle finger" attitude annoyed me and turned me away from him. I didn't like anything about him. In fact, I hated almost every aspect of him.

And that is what led me to now respect Axl Rose. After seeing him live in Cleveland on Nov. 24th, I now understand what he's all about. I saw him up on that stage, truly appreciating his fans and trying to put on the best show possible. He even had a guy thrown out of the arena for giving some other fans a hard time and being what Axl called "a d!ckheaded motherf***** who's ruining the show for everyone else." All I ever saw in the news and on TV was how much Axl didn't care about his fans and what a jerk he was. He might still be a jerk, but I know that he cares about his fans (even if he tries hard to hide it). He realizes that his fans are the only ones who have stuck by him since the fall of the original Guns N' Roses and he will be eternally grateful for his fans sticking by him.

Axl Rose is the anti-Rock star. While most rock stars play the "bad boy" on-stage but buddy up to the execs and press offstage, Axl refuses to be bought out and corrupted. Even now in his mid-40's, he doesn't take any crap from anybody. He won't stop and smile for the camera, he won't make an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and he would flip off the president of the United States without hesitation. He still very much does things his way and serves as an inspiration for people who don't buy into the clean, goody-goody rock stars.

Another interesting dimension of Axl's personality is his calm side. People never see the soft side of Axl because the press will never show something good about him. But an example of what I'm talking about is him playing a show in 2002 where the police were trying to shut down the show. Axl sat at the piano onstage and very calmly talked to the rioting crowd. He asked that they not get out of hand and that they just relax and have a good time. He settled them down to where they got out the swaying lighters before he went into a beautiful piano solo that ended without so much as a snarl from him. Songs like Patience and November Rain show that he isn't all about the wild-child, brash antics that you see on TV.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I respect Axl Rose for being Axl Rose and never conforming to anybody else's norms. Even though he is a jerk and conceited, he completely admits to it and makes no apologies. There have been reports that Axl suffers from bi-polar disease. That would certainly explain his sudden mood swings. But bi-polar or not, he stands tall and proud as a real rock rebellion even to this day. And for that, I salute Axl Rose. \m/

Is that you Beta? Welcome to the forum. :lol: Just kidding. *This is a joke*

Interesting post.