Has anyone heard anything about Brain lately?

datdude133d

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brains really gone Axl needs to find a better replacement than Frank. Knowing Axl, he's probably downgrading the quality of the album even more by having Frank and Ron rerecording all Brain and Buckets work.

I completly disagree with you.

I saw Brain and then Frank live.. I tought that frank had a lot more energy and was having a lot more of fun to play than brain.. at least live.

If Brains really gone Axl needs to find a better replacement than Frank. Knowing Axl, he's probably downgrading the quality of the album even more by having Frank and Ron rerecording all Brain and Buckets work.

I saw Brain and then Frank live.. I tought that frank had a lot more energy and was having a lot more of fun to play than brain.. at least live.

I've seen both Brain and Frank live also, and the bottom line for me is that the band sounded better with Brain. Sames goes for Bucket vs Ron. Axl and Robin are better now than they were in 2002, but Ron and Frank have been a noticeable downgrade.

I've seen both Brain and Frank live also, and the bottom line for me is that the band sounded better with Brain. Sames goes for Bucket vs Ron. Axl and Robin are better now than they were in 2002, but Ron and Frank have been a noticeable downgrade.

i have to agree with Montrealer on this one. Frank is way more energetic and fun live.

ive been to over 30 new gnr shows. from 2001-end of 2006. brain is an all-star, frank is fair at best. im just calling it as i saw/heard it. gnr needs brain back. its a shame there has been no news about his status....gnr is a MUCH better band with brain...hands down...

fuck brain and frank.

axl should just bring in a drumming machine, itd be much cheaper and a WAY better experience for fans at his concerts.

or just get pitman do use his magic wiggly keyboard and make a drumming sound.

Dizzy plays bongos. He rocks them hard in Welcome to the Jungle. Too bad nobody can hear them. :(

They should release a collection of GnR greatest hits with JUST Axl, Dizzy and Pitman. That would be the best album ever.

Axl has a lot of trouble hanging onto guitar players. Maybe an all synth band is just the thing he needs.

It's called Rock in Rio IV

Anyhoo, i felt Brain sounds like a drum machine too much whereas Frank is more like a real life drummer. It will also take frank a little time to fit in with the guys whereas Brain has been about for many a year.

Edited by life_247

fuck brain and frank.

axl should just bring in a drumming machine, itd be much cheaper and a WAY better experience for fans at his concerts.

or just get pitman do use his magic wiggly keyboard and make a drumming sound.

Dizzy plays bongos. He rocks them hard in Welcome to the Jungle. Too bad nobody can hear them. :(

They should release a collection of GnR greatest hits with JUST Axl, Dizzy and Pitman. That would be the best album ever.

Axl has a lot of trouble hanging onto guitar players. Maybe an all synth band is just the thing he needs.

...Which is exactly the reason we have a boot from Rio! Hooray for synths and bongos!

aakeyboardxe8.gif

Exactly!....I just hope the record wont change the sound Bucket and Brain gave it....

it will be the biggest disappointment for me! :(

Maybe he's "in Axl's ass"? That tends to be the hot vacation spot for most ex-GNR members

:rofl-lol: So thats how Axl got his voice back in '06, must be easier to hit the high notes with a couple'a ex bandmates in your ass!

Does that mean if I shove Madison up my ass, i'd be an awesome admin?

It's awful tempting, but I won't touch that. Don't want to get banned.

Maybe he's "in Axl's ass"? That tends to be the hot vacation spot for most ex-GNR members

:rofl-lol: So thats how Axl got his voice back in '06, must be easier to hit the high notes with a couple'a ex bandmates in your ass!

Does that mean if I shove Madison up my ass, i'd be an awesome admin?

No, if you did that you would get some fucky ass decises. :drevil:

I met Frank in San Juan. Nice guy. Anyway, I said to him "so your the drummer for good now?" He said to me, "I don't know really what's up with Brian. I know that touring can be difficult and when I had my first kid, I took time off to stay at home with her. I think that may be what he is doing".

Of course, to be in this band, you probably have to go to some kind of PR class and sign a bunch of documents saying that they can cut your balls off if you mention anything that is going on in the band. I didn't expect to get any real answer from him. Frank was cool nonetheless and I enjoyed talking to him.

When I really think about it though, I'm in this for Axl and the other guys are still kind of background noise to me. I'm becoming a fan of all of them and think this is probably the most talented group of musicians I've seen play live, but I will not begin to really think of them as a "band" until I have the new album in my hands. I imagine that if I cared who the drummer was, I would still be pissed that the band doesn't include Slash, Duff, Izzy, or Sorum.

Happy MLK Day. I have a dream today.

Exactly!....I just hope the record wont change the sound Bucket and Brain gave it....

it will be the biggest disappointment for me! :(

My sentiments exactly.

I hate fukey ass decises.

Eh? Was that in English?