Similarities between Nirvana and Old GN'R

Vincent Vega

Both:

-First albums (Live Like A Suicide for GN'R, Bleach for Nirvana) went largely unnoticed.

-Second albums (Appetite for Destruction for GN'R, Nevermind for Nirvana) ended up changing the music industry.

-Both had songs meant as jokes end up being controversial (Polly, Rape Me for Nirvana; UTLH, OIAM, Look at your game, girl- GN'R)

-Both had Punk and Hard Rock influences and roots; Duff and Kurt Cobain shared a Seattle Punk heritege.

-Both released highly selling, landmark (for their careers) records in September 1991

-Both released stripped down EP's as stopgaps which were composed of rarities and redone songs

(Incesticide featured many rare Nirvana songs, plus re-done versions of ''Downer'' and ''Polly'', Lies featured songs from their rare debut plus a remake of ''You're Crazy'')

-Both released their last albums in 1993, ''TSI?'' For GN'R and ''In Utero'' for Nirvana

-Both continued to make music into 1994 but broke up the same year (Nirvana's "You Know You're Right" and GN'R's cover of SFTD. Slash left GN'R in April '94.

Edited by Mr. Miser

plus a remake of ''You're Crazy'')

That wasn't a remake, a predominant of their songs off Appetite were done first acoustic, this was an early recording. Also you can hear how young Axl's voice sounds.

You're Crazy on Lies is the best song that Axl sings on. I love his voice in that song. It's just a kickass song.

Slash left in 1995. But it was made official in 1996.

PS: Live like a suicide wasn't GNR first album. AFD was.

Ha. No... :xmassrudolph:

:rolleyes: "Live Like a Suicide" was a four song EP, not an album. AFD was Guns N' Roses' debut album. Likewise, Lies is also two EP's put together, not an album. Guns N' Roses released four albums:

AFD

UYI 1&2

TSI?

Slash left in 1995. But it was made official in 1996.

PS: Live like a suicide wasn't GNR first album. AFD was.

Ha. No... :xmassrudolph:

:rolleyes: "Live Like a Suicide" was a four song EP, not an album. AFD was Guns N' Roses' debut album. Likewise, Lies is also two EP's put together, not an album. Guns N' Roses released four albums:

AFD

UYI 1&2

TSI?

Ha woops, guess I always forget about not counting EP's. I hold a lot of them in the same regard as full albums. My mistake :) Sorry Axingn'r :)

Slash left in April '94. Read Axl's message to MTV from October '96, he says that "Outside of a week-long stint he spent jamming with Zakk Wylde in early 1995, Slash has not been involved musically with GN'R since April 1994. Slash also has not been part of the Guns N' Roses legal partnership since December 31st, 1995."

Don't see many similarities.

But try the parallels between GNR and RATM all the way through the splits and formations of AS and VR. Once Axl does get CD out, maybe it will inspire ZDLR to get his album out in the next 5-10.

Check out his Availabilty on Amazon: :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Untitled-Zack-Rocha/...TF8&s=music

Edited by Turn_It_Up