Izzy Stradlin joins Axl at Guns show in L.A

jack99

Izzy Stradlin joins Axl at Guns show in L.A

By Dean Goodman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose gave fans an early Christmas gift on Sunday,

when he brought out former bandmate Izzy Stradlin for five songs during the rock group's concert in Los

Angeles.

Stradlin, who quit Guns N' Roses in November 1991 and has lived a fairly reclusive existence ever since,

looked like a Blues Brother, decked out in dark suit, fedora and shades. He played guitar and contributed

harmonies to "Think About You," "Used to Love Her," "Patience" and "Nightrain," and returned for the final

tune, "Paradise City."

Stradlin has made a handful of surprise appearances at Guns shows this year, beginning last May in New

York, and continuing during the European swing over the summer. Until this year, he had not played with the

band since 1993, when he briefly subbed for his injured replacement, Gilby Clarke.

The other former Gunners, guitarist Slash, bass player Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum (a 1990

replacement for the fired Steven Adler), left during the mid 1990s after giving up hope that the increasingly

tyrannical Rose would ever record a follow-up to 1991's two-volume set "Use Your Illusion." In 2003, they

started their own group, Velvet Revolver.

Stradlin saw the writing on the wall during sessions for "Use Your Illusions" when he became increasingly

estranged from Rose, his old Indiana buddy. He wrote or co-wrote a dozen tracks, including "You Could Be

Mine" and "Don't Cry," and got out just as the albums were released.

Sunday's concert at the Gibson Amphitheatre near Hollywood was the first of three at the venue. The final

performance, on Wednesday, will also mark the end of a two-month North American tour for Rose and his

largely unknown bandmates. Rose will then focus on getting the long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" album

out in stores by his target date of March 6.

Source: http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....rtainmentNews-2

I can understand that,regarding Baz and the others.

But an ex-member who still plays with his former band pisses me off.I hate that ''I'm breaking up with you but we can still be friends!''.If he quit GNR why the heck is he still playing with 'em ?

you're a simple minded dope. he's friends with axl now. what's the problem? he can't come up and do a few songs every now and then?

I can understand that,regarding Baz and the others.

But an ex-member who still plays with his former band pisses me off.I hate that ''I'm breaking up with you but we can still be friends!''.If he quit GNR why the heck is he still playing with 'em ?

you're a simple minded dope. he's friends with axl now. what's the problem? he can't come up and do a few songs every now and then?

Agreed. It's great that they are friends now.

We all know Izzy didn't like touring big tours like he did way back with GNR, that's one of the reasons he did quit. And he don't want to commit to being a member of gnr or vr, but it's great that he's friends with all of old gnr. And it's always a nice surprise when he guests with GNR or VR. Most fans enjoy it

It's not that.It just annoys me when an ex-member still hangs around with his ex-band.Isn't this the part where the band and him choose their own separate ways?Is he in or is he out? He should really get a sense of priority.

He is clearly out. I'm sorry if the whole guest appearance thing is confusing to you.

If he had been back as a member of GNR he or Axl most certainly would have informed the audience

It's not that.It just annoys me when an ex-member still hangs around with his ex-band.Isn't this the part where the band and him choose their own separate ways?Is he in or is he out?He should really get a sense of priority.

If Axl thought it was a bad idea, Izzy wouldn't be playing those songs.

It's cool. When Izzy gets onstage, the audience goes apeshit !

That's the thing.When an ex-member hangs around the band ''as a friend'' it totaly sucks!It's as if you were good ol' friends with your ex-girlfriend or something.

It's totally different. As earlier posted, when Izzy gets on stage with GNR the audience go apeshit.

That's the thing.When an ex-member hangs around the band ''as a friend'' it totaly sucks!It's as if you were good ol' friends with your ex-girlfriend or something.

It's totally different. As earlier posted, when Izzy gets on stage with GNR the audience go apeshit.

is it really that bad to be buddies with your ex?

Yeah it is cool.But it's as if Slash rejoined the band but still kept playing with VR on the same time.I hate people who do that.It's actually absurd to see an ex-member singing with his ex-band and still saying he's an ex-member.Izzy should go back to GNR and maybe the old members will follow him.

It's not that.It just annoys me when an ex-member still hangs around with his ex-band.Isn't this the part where the band and him choose their own separate ways?Is he in or is he out?He should really get a sense of priority.

If Axl thought it was a bad idea, Izzy wouldn't be playing those songs.

It's cool. When Izzy gets onstage, the audience goes apeshit !

Imagine what they'd do if Slash were to appear.