Would you like Izzy to rejoin GNR?

Chris Axl

Yeah, I was front row at the show last night and when Izzy came out, me and my girlfriend were jumping in the air screaming and axl looked at us and laughed. He knows Izzy gets the best reaction and quite honestly, once Izzy came out, it was hard to even watch Axl the rest of the show. All I could do was watch Izzy play. It was incredible to see him there. Quite honestly, Izzy stole the show last night.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzy will be replacing Bumblefoot...you will be seeing that happen in the new year!

robin and stinson are boring rockstars....they havent a boss charisma and character like axl, slash, duff and even matt...they're bosses ! in new gnr are many tools

fuck off.

Robin and the general got as much as charisma as Slash and Duff, maybe more.

And ALOT more than that muppet Matt :lol:

Robin is one of the coolest rockstars out there

Izzy will be replacing Bumblefoot...you will be seeing that happen in the new year!

You are basing that on this: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=86994

Yesterday a new memeber: gun4tea registered and left that topic. It was obviously locked because he could not reveal any sources. In that timeframe there was another new memeber: Axl???????? posted a rebutle to what gun4tea had said. I read it once, then the topic was removed. Literally 10 seconds later. I had a brief private back and forth with gun4tea. I was not able to shed any light one way or the other. Though he claims he worked for the band.

robin and stinson are boring rockstars....they havent a boss charisma and character like axl, slash, duff and even matt...they're bosses ! in new gnr are many tools

fuck off.

Robin and the general got as much as charisma as Slash and Duff, maybe more.

And ALOT more than that muppet Matt :lol:

Robin is one of the coolest rockstars out there

Do you have any fucking recollection of a 1985-1993 band called Guns N' Roses and what they brought to the table?? And you have the nerve to make charisma comparisons of this new 'GNR' to the original GNR?? There's a reason they're called 'hired guns'...

The essence of what is gnr has always been Axl and Izzy. Their friendship is, to me, what became gnr. The root of it.

I'm a HUGE Izzy fan all in all. And yet... no. I would not want him to re-join gnr.

The way it is now, it's perfect. This band has grown, built, paved it's way and fought for every inch.

That deserves respect. And a chance. I want to see what these guys are capable of reaching.

They deserve that shot. They earned it the hard way. That's why I don't want a reunion either.

Izzy playing with them... it's like giving it his blessing. And that's quite beautiful.

To not only see Axl and Izzy rekindle that friendship that started gnr. But also

Izzy giving his blessing of what gnr has grown into today.

All is as it should be. -_-

I hate it when you use that freaking annoying smiley!

One last comment, notice I said the 'face' of GNR. I do not in any way want to discount Izzy as a songwriter/member, because he's written some amazing songs and I think he's a vital member of the band...its just that he's always been more in the background, and only the diehards recognize him for the amount of fantastic material he wrote, myself included.

But ask 100 music fans who GNR are, and they will ALL say Axl and Slash.

Axl and Izzy over Axl and Slash ANY day in the week

From a songwriting perspective I agree. (Izzy/Axl)

From a fame perspective I would give that edge to Slash/Axl combo.

The average non-die-hard fan would be more excited to see Axl and slash together while enjoying music from Izzy and Axl more, probably never even realizing the influence/input of Izzy while enjoying it though. Sad, but probably true.

Good songwriting vs good rock blues licks.....which is more important or harder to replace? There is a question for you. I have to go with the great song writer myself.

Of course it was nice when we had all three but times change and I am enjoying the current band and wouldn't jump on the full reunion wagon myself. Maybe one day in the future but the current band has music I want to see played out in it's full life cycle first.

I don't want Izzy back. If he did he would have to replace Fortus, but that's if I had to choose. It would be cool though to just help out and write a few songs though. And I don't think Ron should leave :) He is an amazing guitarist.

lets get things cleared up:

every member except AXL, is replaceble or can be fired.

This is half-true since Axl bought the name and could technically fire anyone, but you are a fucking idiot to think Slash is replaceable...he CAN'T do it without Slash. Use this tour as an example, it has been truly pathetic with Axl trying to do it on his own.

It's sad - I read all these truly idiotic anti-original GNR posts (and the lack of respect given to the band) and it confirms my thoughts that this band did in fact die in 1993, and that someone is trying to put it back together with the wrong pieces - and it is not working, in fact it's failing miserably.

The GNR legacy is unfortunately being tarnished by a bald, middle-aged, neurotic rock star who can't even get it together to put out a new record. What happened to Axl? He was SO good back in the day...now he's a joke to everyone except his most loyal of ass-kissers.

I see this latest letter, a pathetic attempt to try and calm the masses, and everyone falls for it hook, line and sinker...keep believing.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

This is half-true since Axl bought the name and could technically fire anyone, but you are a fucking idiot to think Slash is replaceable...he CAN'T do it without Slash. Use this tour as an example, it has been truly pathetic with Axl trying to do it on his own.

im talkin about "NU" GNR. Of course slash wasnt replaceable...the creativity, the image, the sound, and the respect towards GNR, have changed cuz he was replaced.

Actually, Slash is replaceable. He himself was a replacement and was succesfully replaced by: Paul Huge, Robin Finck, Buckethead and Bumblefoot. So, he obviously can do it without Slash

And it's anything but pathetic. Now go back to the Velvet Revoler board.