Would you like Izzy to rejoin GNR?

Chris Axl

Some of you people. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why on earth people would want BBF replaced instead of Richard. Nothing against Richard, but nobody in this band can play Bucket's stuff except for Thal. And while shredding isn't typically what GN'R is, and let's face it can often sound like crap, Bucket's parts sound really cool. They were done well and fit nicely within each song.

The most replaceable guitarist in the band right now is Fortus. Thal is needed for the fastest solos. Robin by most accounts is one of the key writers of the band, and is also the guy on stage that draws the most attention (aside from Axl). That leaves Fortus who right now plays mainly rhythm with some leads, but all of that can easily be handled by Finck, Thal, and Izzy.

So while Fortus may look cool pounding on his guitar (to me he doesn't, but whatever), if you aren't playing favourites and actually want to see this band at it's strongest, then he is the most expendable.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't think the band needs bumblefoot, I don't like the 3 guitar players idea also, he is really not required. The only case where I would accept 3 players would be in a Finck/Fortus on lead + Izzy on rythm.

Other than that, just Finck and Fortus, 2 players, it would be MUCH better.

Friday night, Bumble was awesome, and his attitude and energy made every solo he did better than Robin. I dont think they should change. I named my goddam labrador Izzy, but they are over. Cant we just give the new guys a chance and an album, before we start looking for new parts?

Axl and Izzy over Axl and Slash ANY day in the week

agreed

lets get things cleared up:

every member except AXL, is replaceble or can be fired.

This is half-true since Axl bought the name and could technically fire anyone, but you are a fucking idiot to think Slash is replaceable...he CAN'T do it without Slash. Use this tour as an example, it has been truly pathetic with Axl trying to do it on his own.

Actually, Slash is replaceable. He himself was a replacement and was succesfully replaced by: Paul Huge, Robin Finck, Buckethead and Bumblefoot.

When did Slash become a replacement? 1985? Who the fuck heard of GNR then?

And define the fact that he was successfully replaced? What a load of shit. Better music, more album sales, more fan appeal? On those three fronts, your statement is wrong. You mention 4 guitarists which contradicts your thoughts - Axl needed that many guitarists since Slash and still nothing equal to him.

And Raw Power I agree, I'd rather see Izzy with those guys, seems they'd get along better and would take VR to the next level...Izzy helps new 'GNR', but they still all those unkown revolving door musicians.

Actually it isn't that revolving door. Axl is an original, Dizzy has been in the band since 1990, Robin has been in since 1996, Tommy since 1998, Fortus since '02, the only newbies are Ron and Frank. Compare that to Black Sabbath, a truly revolving door lineup

Still, 99.96% of the population don't know who the fuck any of these guys are and don't/won't until at the very least Slash comes back - that's the reality. The board shouldn't exist inside a vacuum.

lets get things cleared up:

every member except AXL, is replaceble or can be fired.

This is half-true since Axl bought the name and could technically fire anyone, but you are a fucking idiot to think Slash is replaceable...he CAN'T do it without Slash. Use this tour as an example, it has been truly pathetic with Axl trying to do it on his own.

Actually, Slash is replaceable. He himself was a replacement and was succesfully replaced by: Paul Huge, Robin Finck, Buckethead and Bumblefoot. So, he obviously can do it without Slash

And it's anything but pathetic. Now go back to the Velvet Revoler board.

Paul Huge was never a replacement for Slash. Finck was.

There is a reason Hollywood Rose never took off. Hint: IT DIDN'T HAVE SLASH.

Guest RonMexico82

Yeah the new band is so much better than the old band because like you know Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Ron Thal, Brain/Frank and Chris Pittman are living legends and household names who have sold a shitload of records and put the name Guns N Roses in rock history.

"Oh My God"

eh yeah whatever.

Guest RonMexico82

Yes it is pathetic and it is all about the music which is why all these new guys are playing all the old guys music and can't release a goddamn album you total fucking moron. :fuckyou:

Yes it is pathetic and it is all about the music which is why all these new guys are playing all the old guys music and can't release a goddamn album you total fucking moron. :fuckyou:

Oh, you know why it's delayed then? Good for you. Care to share with us?

They've played 8 new songs so far. Go to the show and invest on brain cells.

Its all about the MUSIC? R&B, SILKWORMS, OH MY GOD, IRS...do you think that those songs are good? seriously? Half of their repertour sux!! and the other half isnt awesome!

If its all about the music, izzy duff slash and gilby have given us good music through the last decade.

Please, why are u such an axlite? do you want a blowjob from axl? is that what you want? :question:

Edited by feconroses

Oh, you know why it's delayed then? Good for you. Care to share with us?

They've played 8 new songs so far. Go to the show and invest on brain cells.

If you are impressed with substandard music, sound problems, poor ticket sales, cancelled shows, a non existant album, excuse-ridden letters and hired guns, then more power to you - I can see why you love this new 'GNR' so much!!

Bottom line: Without Slash, Axl isn't relevant. Please do not drum up an argument against this because you will not win.

Its all about the MUSIC? R&B, SILKWORMS, OH MY GOD, IRS...do you think that those songs are good? seriously? Half of their repertour sux!! and the other half isnt awesome!

If its all about the music, izzy duff slash and gilby have given us good music through the last decade.

Please, why are u such an axlite? do you want a blowjob from axl? is that what you want?

3rd Wheel Posted Today, 06:35 PM

you know i really hope you die

Please, why are u such an axlite? do you want a blowjob from axl? is that what you want?

3rd Wheel Posted Today, 06:35 PM

you know i really hope you die

truth hurts? doesnt mate? :)