Would you like Izzy to rejoin GNR?

Chris Axl

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't REPLACE BF, not many can. Yeah Robin can play anything, but Bumble's got that invincibility, like Bucket... they're AMAZING guitar players.

I don't think that technical abilities are the key for Guns. Izzy owns any of the hired Guns when it comes to songwriting together with Axl.

What's the use of a technically perfect player if he can't write classics like Patience, You could be mine, etc.??

All those guys seem to be able to do is shredding (Better) and Guns was never about shredding but about beautiful solos like SCOM, November Rain, etc.

Therefore Izzy is by far a good enough player for what Guns need and he has the ability to write great music together with Axl

I agree with what you say.

Although I am a bit worried that Izzy's solo stuff, and this is just my opinion n' all, isn't really up to scratch.

Izzy in GNR for his collaboration with Axl alone? Yes. Izzy in GNR for his stage work? no.

Robin is fresh, young and enthusiastic, he suits GNR better now.

For me, Izzy is and allways were the only member from the old lineupp I would like back in GN'R.

Slash and Duff were amazing, but Izzy is .......well, Izzy!

I cried when I saw him and Axl together at the Norway concert, because I was so DAMN happy! (macho mens must cry sometimes too.... :drevil: )

But the bad ting, if Izzy joins(wich is just a rumour, a rumour without a source,even) a guitarplayer would have to leave.

And I think everyone knows who, our beloved Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal :( Wich I would really miss, none can play the Nightrain solo like him, or the last NR solo

What are you guys thaughts on this?

Yes - the more original members of GN'R that rejoin the better as far as I am concerned!

Mick Jagger should replace Keith Richards by someone younger (Buckethead for example). He would suit the Stones better. :rolleyes:

By the way, you do know that Fortus is 40 years old, right ? And Finck is 35, not really a teenager...

Edited by Axingn'r

Izzy would never rejoin the band, you don't have to worry about that. The few times Axl has talked about him he has mentioned how spontanous he is, such as flying to Mongolia for a pilgrimage or something of that nature. Also Izzy replacing BBF!? You have to be kidding me. The only member Izzy could really replace would be Richard and that will never happen.

Fortus is the best new GNR guitar player! Izzy would easily replace Ron or even Finck. Best solos are made by Fortus, the only one that have enough chemistry to be compared to old members, Izzy included. However there isn't any guitar player in the worl capable of replacing Slash! Slash is unique and his solos are unmatchable. He is the real rock soul and heart, still living in this planet!

Mick Jagger should replace Keith Richards by someone younger (Buckethead for example). He would suit the Stones better. :rolleyes:

By the way, you do know that Fortus is 40 years old, right ? And Finck is 35, not really a teenager...

If the Stones had broke up, then why not?

Yeah, why not.

He can't REPLACE BF, not many can. Yeah Robin can play anything, but Bumble's got that invincibility, like Bucket... they're AMAZING guitar players.

I don't think that technical abilities are the key for Guns. Izzy owns any of the hired Guns when it comes to songwriting together with Axl.

What's the use of a technically perfect player if he can't write classics like Patience, You could be mine, etc.??

All those guys seem to be able to do is shredding (Better) and Guns was never about shredding but about beautiful solos like SCOM, November Rain, etc.

Therefore Izzy is by far a good enough player for what Guns need and he has the ability to write great music together with Axl

But bumblefoot can write classics, Don Pardo pimpwagon is a work of genius. And he can also write in a variety of styles including classical which would bring more variety in. I think if Izzy rejoined Robin should go, but he's unlikely to rejoin and the Band is fine the way it is. Izzy contributed to writing with VR, he can do the same with GnR, we still get the benefit of his creative genius and see him live on songs he wants to play without anyone going out of a job or us having to say farewell to members we love like BBF, Fortus or even Finck whom i think loves his job in GnR.

Izzy would never rejoin the band, you don't have to worry about that. The few times Axl has talked about him he has mentioned how spontanous he is, such as flying to Mongolia for a pilgrimage or something of that nature. Also Izzy replacing BBF!? You have to be kidding me. The only member Izzy could really replace would be Richard and that will never happen.

Fortus is the best new GNR guitar player! Izzy would easily replace Ron or even Finck. Best solos are made by Fortus, the only one that have enough chemistry to be compared to old members, Izzy included. However there isn't any guitar player in the worl capable of replacing Slash! Slash is unique and his solos are unmatchable. He is the real rock soul and heart, still living in this planet!

Is he the dipshit that bangs down on his guitar every so often? Like he's hitting it real hard to play a note. What the fuck is that all about? To me, he's a waste of space.

Yeah, why not.

Hey I'm not knocking Izzy by the way... Izzy worked brilliantly with the original line-up and I would love him and Axl to start writing again. But this GNR is different now, things have changed and there's nothing we can do about it.