Why do people turn on the old members like Bucket and Brain?

someguyintheelevator

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like Frank better. I thought he was outstanding at the show I went to last month, and he played the songs more like Matt/Steven did. Brain invents his own things sometimes, which I guess is okay, but when I go to a Guns N' Roses show, I usually hope to hear the songs the way they should sound.

It's so irritating the way people on this forum try to say Ron is better than Bucket and Frank is better than Brain...please, neither is the case. We all know the truth, that the more talented musicians where on stage back in 2002...while the band has gelled more, there still is no kickass lead guitarist winning the crowd over. In fact, you never really know who's playing solo at any given time, which is a problem.

But let's stop bashing members Axl himself wanted as part of Guns N Roses...this revolving door into the family of GNR is a bit rediculous and it's going to do nothing more than hurt GNR as a brand.

The best thing about last nights show was no more brain. Hopefully Frank is the drummer for good. He was more active then brain and frank kicks ass.

The question is, will you say the same thing when Frank is replaced?

quote of the year i think :D

Brain is the Buckethead of the drumming world. He would be a huge asset to any band, and it'd be a shame to lose him.

Frank is great, but he's Brain's understudy for a reason; Brain is badass.

the reason he was "understudy" was because he was just as/more badass than brain. brain had the tenure so he was first. then he had a kid and shit talked axl, so now it's frank.

i say frank is better, but then again i've seen frank play in many non-gnr projects in LA and other places, and he fucking OWNS brain.

i'm only saying this based on youtube stuff, but i think GNR sounds looser, more fun, and more rock n roll with frank.......& let us not forget that frank cut his teeth in the NYC underground in the 80s, whereas brain got his sea legs in 90s LA session gigs. brain plays too much like a marching band/funk session drummer than a fucking rock n roll drummer.....ferrer can do it all.

It's so irritating the way people on this forum try to say Ron is better than Bucket and Frank is better than Brain...please, neither is the case. We all know the truth, that the more talented musicians where on stage back in 2002...while the band has gelled more, there still is no kickass lead guitarist winning the crowd over. In fact, you never really know who's playing solo at any given time, which is a problem.

But let's stop bashing members Axl himself wanted as part of Guns N Roses...this revolving door into the family of GNR is a bit rediculous and it's going to do nothing more than hurt GNR as a brand.

for the record:

i have always disliked brain, bucket, bumble, and to a much lesser extent, finck.

and, to a greater extent, YOU.

:shades:

Well you got a point there..

I mean I think bucket is one of the best guiter players in the world.. he is got his own cool style.

and for the record bucket left on his own, Axl wanted him to stay.

I think Axl just trying to find the right ppl for the band.

like in the old interviews when they say that slash, Axl, steve, Izzy and duff where the only ppl they could have a band with.

Axl and i guess all the other ppl (Dizzy, finck) try to find the right ppl.

sometimes its just dosent work, like with bucket.. who knows whats happend with brain.. but things change.. and maybe the better player dosent mean that its the most fitting membar to GN'R.

for example like back in the 90's when they tried to jam with Zakk Wylde and they said its just not GN'R. and he is like one of the best guitar players in the world.

Edited by Nika Rose