Simply the best band in rock today

axlslash

If Jack (or Meg) White by some small miracle managed to get even more talentless he'd cease to exist.

Meg yes. Jack isn't talentless at all. He's a brilliant songwriter, a wonderful performer, and may have the most unique voice this side of Bob Dylan. He'e the perfect combination of Eddie Vedder, Bob Dylan, and the Grim Reaper in my oppinion: Bob's musicianship and uniqueness of voice, Eddie's grunge attitude and sound, and the Reaper's horrifically white complexion. If I didn't already have plans, I'd totally go to their NYE show in Chicago. They are a SICK fucking band. Head over to www.DimeADozen.org and download a show or two. They are absolutely astounding live.

Yeah I agree. I love the White Stripes, but I've never heard any of the The Raconteurs....

It's the power and emotion of the Stripes with better musicians. Meg is replaced by a drummer and bassist who can actually play (and extraordinarily well at that), and a lead guitarist is added. The video I posted is one of the best vids of them I've seen. They're deefinetly worth checkin out.

If Jack (or Meg) White by some small miracle managed to get even more talentless he'd cease to exist.

Meg yes. Jack isn't talentless at all. He's a brilliant songwriter, a wonderful performer, and may have the most unique voice this side of Bob Dylan. He'e the perfect combination of Eddie Vedder, Bob Dylan, and the Grim Reaper in my oppinion: Bob's musicianship and uniqueness of voice, Eddie's grunge attitude and sound, and the Reaper's horrifically white complexion. If I didn't already have plans, I'd totally go to their NYE show in Chicago. They are a SICK fucking band. Head over to www.DimeADozen.org and download a show or two. They are absolutely astounding live.

Nah. You're wrong.

I prefer the Raconteurs over the White Stripes, who I also love. Both great bands.

Thanks for the video. 've been looking for a good version of this song since I heard them play it live. Jack White is great at covers. He also did a great version of "Jolene" with the White Stripes.

Nah. You're wrong.

Please, tell me how I am wrong. His lyrics are amazing, he has the attitude......I see nothing wrong with what I said.

And streetchild, I suggest you check out the White Stripes' cover of Bob Dylan's Lovesick. I don't usually like Dylan covers better than the original, but this is a clear exception.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1CmZ2adpnk

Edited by axlslash