New Lyric Content Controversy in CD?

Sweetest_Child

I think the Chinese government will not take kindly to the lyrics in the song Chinese Democracy.

'You think you got it all locked up inside, and if you beat them enough they'll, it's like a walk in a park from a cell, and now you're keeping your own kind in hell, and if your Great Wall rots blame yourself, while they all reach out for your help'

Oh goody, a speculative topic.

Bad language, maybe (as in one or two "fuck's" here or there as exletives). Racial slurs definetelly not. Controversial subjects, most definitelly since most subjects are a matter of controversy whether they are "only" love songs or political ones. But I wouldn't be too surprised if we find a song as controversial as, say, civil war on the record.

We'll find out.. Someday.

Listen to the final song (not the hidden one) on T.S.I album "i don't care bout you" .....even thou its a cover,still enough stuff in it to turn the average jo's head :P . Im sure C.D will be no different!

As for Axl toning shit down in earlier albums...did i miss something? "Double talkin' Jive" on UYI 1 & "Get in the ring" on UYI 2 not too mention most of Lies :shocked:

see i think AFD was really the most contriversial/bad language ... and some of the UYI and lies/speg... are a reflelection of the rebellion sorta thing, i think axl might have grown out of it... but im sure there will be some swearing and topics of controversy, i hope this cd stirs shit up good..

Well one song is called TWAT so I guess he's still not grown out of swearing yet.

I don't think it'll be as bad as previous albums, some swearing is fine, but I hope there's nothing like get in the ring teenage angst bull shit in there. I imagine it'll contain the least swearing out of all the other GnR albums.

Judging by the leaks anyway.

LP

Axl has in previous years said somethings that have offended people, do you think on this album he will use A) bad language B) racial slurs C) controversial subjects ... or do you think this is a new axl on the record? like the style he had in some of UYI, epic ballad songs... ?? discuss?

hard to say with no album yet

Well one song is called TWAT so I guess he's still not grown out of swearing yet.

I don't think it'll be as bad as previous albums, some swearing is fine, but I hope there's nothing like get in the ring teenage angst bull shit in there. I imagine it'll contain the least swearing out of all the other GnR albums.

LP

TWAT is short for there was a time, it isnt actually called TWAT

LP

Yeah but there's a double meaning with that, directed at Stephanie Seymour.

LP

Allegedly... :unsure:

LP

Allegedly... :unsure:

There's not really much doubt about it, the "cocaine in the hall" reference is definitely about her, as i'm confident is the rest of the song. basically it's just a vessel for all the sentiment and love Axl still has for her, with an Insult thrown in for good measure. TWAT, not exactly subtle but it works.

Well, I remember Axl saying on the Trunk interview that he went to China in 2002 because he wanted to go before he was banned...he might have been joking, but maybe not. From what I have heard, the Chinese government has barred a lot of celebrities from entering the country for being critical of the regime--I heard Brad Pitt was banned for appearing in "Seven years in Tibet." So yeah, the Chinese government might be bothered by the new CD. What of it, though? China's not the biggest touring market, and people who want to hear the CD will find a way. And it might be really approved by Chinese citizens who *want* a different regime...

For the rest---it's a rock album, so perhaps there will be swearing; perhaps there won't be. Racial slurs? Out of the whole GNR catalogue there's exactly one song with anything objectionable of this nature; it's been explained and apologized for over and over and over again...I'd seriously doubt it would come up now.

Oh, and Revolver...TWAT is a somewhat derogatory term for female genitalia. It can also be used interchangeably with "jerk" or "asshole" by some folks, but is a little stronger.

Edited by stella

Axl has in previous years said somethings that have offended people, do you think on this album he will use A) bad language B) racial slurs C) controversial subjects ... or do you think this is a new axl on the record? like the style he had in some of UYI, epic ballad songs... ?? discuss?

Are you starting these stupid threads because you're bored?

I really hope There was a time will not be called TWAT on the album

Why the fuck not??? TWAT rules! LOL. Plus it is a clever play on words, to be perfectly honest. I could see it being labeled as "T.W.A.T. (There was a Time)" on the record so it's not blatant, a little more subtle, but still perfectly obvious that they are trying to do it.