pearl jam appreciation thread

vulgar

they are certainly better than Nirvana

fucking right nirvana and kurt cobain were both overrated.

pearl jam owns nirvana.

oh please! they aint worth the drippings off the end of nirvanas dick. nirvana AND kurt cobain? you mean the one from nirvana was like a hologram? Pearl Jam are the cocksuck end of grunge, the clash of grunge, sanctimonious attempts at writing like Neil Young.

listen if you don't like pearl jam keep it out of this thread. this is a pearl jam appreciation thread not a pearl jam bashing thread. if you want to bash pj go start a thread about it because none of the pj fans on mygnr fourm want to hear it.

hey, i didnt say shit until someone started bashing nirvana for TOTALLY no reason. whyn't u jump on that motherfucker first, i love that, in a pj appreciation thread one way of appreciating them is to say "they were certainly better than nirvana". says something about what some pj fans think about wouldn't you say?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pearl jam owns nirvana.

oh please! they aint worth the drippings off the end of nirvanas dick. nirvana AND kurt cobain? you mean the one from nirvana was like a hologram? Pearl Jam are the cocksuck end of grunge, the clash of grunge, sanctimonious attempts at writing like Neil Young.

Pearl Jam makes Nirvana look like Puddle Of Mudd,we should kill Eddie Vedder,then he will be a legend aswell

edit:and yes Cobain fans absolutly have to despise Pearl Jam,thats mandatory

vedder will always look like a try-hard. kill eddie vedder and make him a legend? you might as well, god knows he aint done nothin worth talkin bout since vitalogy, nice cover, pity bout the album. n where did i say i hate pearl jam?

how about the comment "Pearl Jam are the cocksuck end of grunge, the clash of grunge, sanctimonious attempts at writing like Neil Young."You can insult me for comparing grunge bands,but you're the one who's bashing the band

pearl jam owns nirvana.

Pearl Jam makes Nirvana look like Puddle Of Mudd,we should kill Eddie Vedder,then he will be a legend aswell

vedder will always look like a try-hard. kill eddie vedder and make him a legend? you might as well, god knows he aint done nothin worth talkin bout since vitalogy, nice cover, pity bout the album. n where did i say i hate pearl jam?

how about the comment "Pearl Jam are the cocksuck end of grunge, the clash of grunge, sanctimonious attempts at writing like Neil Young."You can insult me for comparing grunge bands,but you're the one who's bashing the band

all that was a true opinion of mine and i guess it is bashing but then it would never have been said had you not bashed a band that i liked. i kept my opinion to myself exactly until someone bashed nirvana. you didnt even pay pearl jam a clear compliment to begin with, you just said they were better than nirvana, like thats supposed to mean something.

pearl jam owns nirvana.

all that was a true opinion of mine and i guess it is bashing but then it would never have been said had you not bashed a band that i liked. i kept my opinion to myself exactly until someone bashed nirvana. you didnt even pay pearl jam a clear compliment to begin with, you just said they were better than nirvana, like thats supposed to mean something.

it isn't then? you make it sound like being better than Nirvana isn't a big thing

all that was a true opinion of mine

If those are your true opinions, why read the thread to begin with? The whole Nivana bashing excuse strikes me as rather dubious. Seems more like you were looking for an excuse to bash, and pounced when you found one.

pearl jam owns nirvana.

it isn't then? you make it sound like being better than Nirvana isn't a big thing

well depends in what sense you mean Kris. and Ang', i never said anywhere that i disliked pearl jam, i just criticised certain facets of their image more than anything. if you look back i've said he made nothing good up to vitalogy...pre-that i kinda dug em. my reponses were made relative to pearl jam compared to nirvana. its basically like comparing the clash to the pistols, the clash were better musicians and they were in on the scene but with benefit of enough...understanding of the burgeoning genre to properly capitalise on the right thing to do to become a part of it. but in doing that the lose an honesty that nirvana had. and things like honesty mean the world to me. plus nirvana seemed to be to just be better anyway, wholesale. they're like johnny-come-latelys. Ten was like...part of the post-Nevermind albums that started to sell and in a way thats sad cuz it was a pretty neat fuckin album but...i can't listen to mother love bone fallout, it just aint me but im gonna shut up cuz evidently this aint the topic. just irks me when people go out of their way to diss a band under the guise of respecting another. everyone has their opinions i guess :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I really love Pearl Jam as well, have only seen them one time.. at roskilde festival when everything went wrong and alot of people died... Pearl jam is finally comming to denmark.. but its all sold out :(

Oh I remember that shit. Eddie cried and tried to make people go back. Right after it happend, I remember I was more sad for Eddies sake then for the people that died :(

I'd just like to point out the fact that ten came out before nevermind, so it's not as if Pearl Jam jumped on the Nirvana bandwagon.

Also like to add that No Code is my favourite album for no particular reason, closely followed by Vs. and their new album.

• 4 months later...
"can't remember the name" "I'll stop tryin' to make a difference, I'm not tryin to make a difference, I'll stop tryin to make a difference..."

Called "No Way" off "Yield".

On topic:

Best band in the world.

Are you the guy who attended their first PJ concert recently? I kept meaning to ask that person how it went.

• 2 weeks later...

i never given them a shot (heard Ten, REALLY liked it) but i will. just find it funny how some people can give Pearl Jam their dues without mentioning Nirvana in the same breath. like Pearl Jams standing in relation to Nirvana has got something to do with their talent as a band. i find that REALLY interesting, like that whole group of folks who can't respect the clash without calling them better than the sex pistols.

i never given them a shot (heard Ten, REALLY liked it) but i will. just find it funny how some people can give Pearl Jam their dues without mentioning Nirvana in the same breath. like Pearl Jams standing in relation to Nirvana has got something to do with their talent as a band.

Why should Nirvana be mentioned in the same breath (and I love them too)? They broke within a few months of each other, and while being part of the same general scene probably sped up the process for them, they don't owe their success to it.

They were a classic American rock band with a marketable sound and a photogenic singer. And they were that fairly rare combination of commercial and respectable. With or without the success of Nevermind, they would have done just fine.