Axl's biggest drag-down

Son Of A Gun

I think Axl's biggest drag-down and problem is who he is surrounded by and the fact that he can't help himself. The group of musicians he works with are very talented however, they are far far below his standards. So when he plays with them it just doesn't work as it did with Slash, Duff, Matt, etc. These new guys just don't give him the hunger, the power, nor the true feel. This is probably a reason why Axl's performances are a struggle and can often be very weak. What he needs is a group of musicians his standards to really fuel his hunger to get out there and just explode into it. And also the fact that he is playing a set of songs with a bunch of guys who neither wrote them nor sound anything like they 're meant to on instruments. And it must cause him a really bad downdraft because it makes him feel unoriginal, also fueling to the fact htat htey are far below his standards which often stops him from performing even their own music good on vocals.

I think Axl's biggest drag-down and problem is who he is surrounded by and the fact that he can't help himself. The group of musicians he works with are very talented however, they are far far below his standards. So when he plays with them it just doesn't work as it did with Slash, Duff, Matt, etc. These new guys just don't give him the hunger, the power, nor the true feel. This is probably a reason why Axl's performances are a struggle and can often be very weak. What he needs is a group of musicians his standards to really fuel his hunger to get out there and just explode into it. And also the fact that he is playing a set of songs with a bunch of guys who neither wrote them nor sound anything like they 're meant to on instruments. And it must cause him a really bad downdraft because it makes him feel unoriginal, also fueling to the fact htat htey are far below his standards which often stops him from performing even their own music good on vocals.

That might be the stupidest thing I have ever read. You owe me 45 seconds of my life back please, pay up.

Gunzen Posted Today, 02:00 AM

QUOTE(Son Of A Gun @ Dec 20 2006, 01:56 AM)

That might be the stupidest thing I have ever read. You owe me 45 seconds of my life back please, pay up.

Sucked in bastard :lol::P

:sleeper:

and to think that i thought, for a second, that the body of this thread would read "people like me".......

because they will do what he wants and he gets his way. With people his level he can't get his way.

They are on his level. I've heard people say they aren't as good as slash, but you're saying that Axl is better than them, which I find to be a ridiculous argument.

I disagree.

If Axl didn't think the band was talented, he would have fired them all by now. It's not like the fans have an emotional attachment to any of these guys, so what would be stopping him?

I think he's the one that is struggling. Struggling with the expectations of fans, struggling to put together a new band, struggling to find a new sound, etc.

He's probably also struggling to find inspiration for his writing. It's not like he can write about sex, drugs and booze like the old days. Plus he's lived such an isolated life for much of the last decade - you can't write a song about what Beta serves you for breakfast every morning.

because they will do what he wants and he gets his way. With people his level he can't get his way.

No actually, musicwise, it's the opposite. When you play with musicians that's better than you you'll make every effort you can to get as good as them.

However, they might be yes-sayers and thus not "fuel his fire". Maybe he need that... hmm.. fight with his bandmembers. I don't know. But it got nothing to do with their technichal skills, I assure you.

Edited by evil_l

Wow.

The first two words in his post were "I think". Does he have to repeat that for every following statement?

Quite honestly I think his post of yours is complete and utter bullshit in every imaginable way.

He gave his opinion, I gave mine.

you do bitch alot about people bitching.

Axl has repeatedly said that he enjoys playing with this band, and that they are finally coming together as a band, rather than a bunch of guys. I dont know how you come to the conclusion that Axl doesnt like playing in a band with these guys.

If he didnt, he would just be like 'fuck it' and scrap the whole GNR thing, and just live his life in his mansion, never to be heard from again. Obviously Axl enjoys it on some level, or else he wouldnt be doing it.

From what I have seen, Axl is by far the weakest member of the band. He struggles the most. Slash Duff ect are gone, and it will never be again. He seems to enjoy the new guys better, and is it relly fair to call them new? Some of em have been around for 8 ish years. Do ye honestly think if it didnt't work something would have been done by now? And if you say "well they weren't on the road", well you will see that its in the studio that everything fell apart and came together again...

I 2nd that motion

I disagree.

If Axl didn't think the band was talented, he would have fired them all by now. It's not like the fans have an emotional attachment to any of these guys...

Speak for yourself, dude. Pitman has an army and its growing by the minute . Especially now that he's a regular atelsewhere.

you, jackamo and mango? :monkey:

Have you seen these guys live, they play with passion and skill.

The current musicians are more talented that the originals in terms of skill - go figure.

Biggest drag-down is unsupportive "fans" criticising him because he's not playing with Slash.

Dude, seriously... what makes a rock star? The ability to play notes on a guitar? I can play most the notes on AFD. Does that make me a rock star? Fuck no. I could program all the "notes" into a computer. Does that mean my computer is a rock star? But what if it plays REALLY FAST?

The new guys are all very talented musicians (except Finck, who sounds like he's tuning his guitar when he plays), but they're NOT rock stars. If they were, they'd have been famous, celebrated stars on their own before the Axl paychecks started coming in.

Who was Bumblefoot? Some college professor and myspace addict. He wasn't a rock star and he never will be.

He's a cool guy, for sure. If for no other reason, I'm glad he joined the band because it turned me onto his solo career, which I'll continue to follow even after this draft of GNR runs its course.

They ain't really rockstars - agreed, aside from Finck and his playing is not fantastic - whilst not poor. He's only a moderate guitarist.

However, I was commenting on the technical skill of the musicians- Axl really has surrounded himself with capable people, even if they don't follow or fit the desired personna.

I was following Bumble, Finck, Brain and Bucket before Gn'R, and will after.

What he should really do is release some 15 year old concerts. That would rule all.

What he should really do is release some 15 year old concerts. That would rule all.

He might get arrested for paedophilia.

Agreed.

Hey, Son of a Gun, if you haven't figured it out yet... when the band asked certain fans to disconnect from the internet and reconnect with the real world, they were talking about 'know-it-all' fans like you.

I'd take their advice.

i still think just the 5 original guys sounds ten times better than these guys they had heart and soul, i prefer that than the technical ability of these hired guns and thats all they are this aint a band its axl and jhis sessions musicians, the old band always talked to the crowds in the good ol days these guys arent allowed to say anything at all fucking strange that and i also think these guys are paid a salary to agree with him not argue with him about what sounds good and what doesnt. in ways it is a dictatorship and wasnt that why izzy left when axl started dictating?

I disagree.

If Axl didn't think the band was talented, he would have fired them all by now. It's not like the fans have an emotional attachment to any of these guys...

Speak for yourself, dude. Pitman has an army and its growing by the minute . Especially now that he's a regular atelsewhere.

you, jackamo and mango? :monkey:

:rolleyes: funny...

his fansite has been viewed from 6,895 different computers. He has that many fans.

and has over 10,000 hits, I lost count...

he has an army!