The New Piano Bit On Chinese Democracy Gives Me Shivers

War Of The Roses

I think once the CD comes out this song should open the gigs, it'd make a damn fine opener. As for the part you're talking about, it almost mimics a Javanese percussion orchestra or gamelan, adds to the oriental flavour and generally improves the song, i've always loved it though.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what you are hearing is the first song on the record and it will have that cool intro.it would suck if the record started with just a gutair riff or a song that just starts..i think its cool that there is an intro ..i really hope the album starts with this intro and chines democracy...i have guessed before that the album will have songs that blend toghter and form a cool little concept album..this is my first indication that this could be true

True, but I thought I'd point that out.

I think it's a good intro, but I think the song itself isn't strong enough to start the album.

Edit: It should be a hidden bonus track.

After the last song, 30 seconds after, the intro to it starts, and it kicks in "Chinese Democracy".

Kind of a like an encore.

Edited by Jackamo

Holy shit! That sounds like some asian stuff. Really fit the tema of the song. And the guitar sounds much heavyer.. Like this song more and more. That´s exactly what I expect from this album. It need a good listen for some time and u will like it more and more. Like smoking, first it taste really bad, u get sick then u get used to it and in the end u can´t live without it. Bad comparision, because I didn´t throwed up listening to the new songs in first place, but u got my point:) Maby more like smoking grass, I don´t know.. U get dizzy and a bit confused the first time, then u get used to it and later u are stucked with it..

the intro is an intro...It's NOT THE SONG...it's just a fucking intro...If the intro WAS a SONG...than the SONG WILL BE PERFECT...NOW IT'S JUST A COMPLEX MIX OF THE SONGS (IT DOESN'T FIT WITH THE CONTINUING OF THE SONG...IT's JUST SOMETHING COOL TO HEAR...AND IT's AWESOME!!!)

....like the SILKWORMS!!! (it's a mix of different songs...a COMPLEX FUCKED up THING that has no head connecedt to the tail!

I think that new key part that goes through the whole song is cheesy.

Which is why I like it. ^_^

I listen to Billy Idol, for Christ's sake. :lol:

But anyway, I think it would be really fun if they released the multi-track file for that song so I could remix it into a cheesy-ass '80s song. :krider:

Here is the BEST recording of the song at the moment:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ar825e

Remastered by someone (I've forgotten who, but he posted it on several of the boards) using the Donington Micpad bootleg and an audience recording. Nearest thing to soundboard you can get for the 2006 arrangement. Curiously, the song seems to have evolved more since this performance to the one we're discussing now. The latest arrangement seems to change the riff at the start of the second verse- pulls it kind of inside out.

i dunno...the song 'chinese democracy' to me, is the WEAKEST song ive EVER heard from GnR. I mean, even 'my world' has more heart to it than this thing..and its the TITLE TRACK? come on Axl...i KNOW you can do better than that...blah. oh well..its just my opinion....but I guess maybe im hoping someone will hear me..and even consider it....but ya never know on the intardnet either...cheers!

i dont think it would matter if they played the WHOLE BLOODY SONG on piano..it still wouldnt save it...its just weak overall...IMHO.

Edited by ASLayerAODsk